watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Leeds Fans (Wonderful Behavior)

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 13, 2018, 12:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Hundreds of them stopped off in my town Newmarket this morning and Bury St Edmund's,on their way to Ipswich.
Wonderful behaviour walking through the Market square singing crude songs smashing bottles and giving filth out to folks doing their shopping.
Half of them drunk at 10-30 in morning.
Not all of them by the way bust most of them.
Hope Ipswich guff them good.

filham

Yes they will have been on there best behaviour in the morning going to the match. Just wait for their return, in the dark, after a 3-0 defeat playing with 10 men.

Whitesideup

That is just so disappointing. Why do people behave like that? It tarnishes the reputation not just of Leeds but of the game of football. As far as I am aware other sports do not suffer from these kind of supporters, although there have been occasional problems at rugby league I gather.

No doubt because the damage and abuse was minor, no action was, or will be, taken.  They should be taken to task.

bog

Quote from: Whitesideup on January 13, 2018, 01:15:46 PM
That is just so disappointing. Why do people behave like that? It tarnishes the reputation not just of Leeds but of the game of football. As far as I am aware other sports do not suffer from these kind of supporters, although there have been occasional problems at rugby league I gather.

No doubt because the damage and abuse was minor, no action was, or will be, taken.  They should be taken to task.

:plus one:

So chuffed they got done by Newport last week. That must have been a lovely journey home for the little darlings.    :005:

jarv

In America, ice hockey and basketball have been known to invite trouble. Usually at play off or championship games.

Woolly Mammoth

It's the way they have been brought up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

I just remember going to a Miami Dolphins game and everyone in the car parks had bbq's going and all the fans mixing and eating / drinking together. British mentally especially amongst the youth. Having said that 95% of people can go to a match, stay sober, avoid singing or shouting racist or sexist abuse and still enjoy themselves. And you do see American fans having punch-ups, usually after their teams have won a major trophy. Not a weekly 'part of the day out'. Maybe I am just getting old??
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 13, 2018, 01:46:45 PM

I just remember going to a Miami Dolphins game and everyone in the car parks had bbq's going and all the fans mixing and eating / drinking together. British mentally especially amongst the youth. Having said that 95% of people can go to a match, stay sober, avoid singing or shouting racist or sexist abuse and still enjoy themselves. And you do see American fans having punch-ups, usually after their teams have won a major trophy. Not a weekly 'part of the day out'. Maybe I am just getting old??
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 13, 2018, 01:46:45 PM

I think South Florida professional sports fans are probably a poor representation of American fans. In my experience living there, they tend not to have the generational passion and rivalry of most of the country due to so many transplants. The Dolphins are the one that have the most though.

That being said, I had a fist fight in the aisle at Pro Player land in my lap between UM and UF fans once... Drunken, stupid fandom is universal.

SP

Leeds player sent off for a headbutt.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

YankeeJim

Brawling has never really been a part of American sports, for the most part. We aren't "born" into a team like you lot. Americans average a move every five years or so and almost no one is born and stay in one spot all their lives, so the attachment usually isn't as personal. We have a lot of fair weather fans. Usually, the sports gear you see worn is the team that last won. When there is violence it isn't one team fans against another but a bunch of low lives knocking over the local bodega and burning a few cars; a riot really.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

MikeW

Keep your head down Mince - Ipswich won.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Twig

Leeds form slipping in the last couple of games, what a shame.

Tonywa

Leeds supporters have acted like total scum ever since I began attending football as a kid in the sixties.  Seems nothing at all has changed.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MikeW on January 13, 2018, 05:04:09 PM

Don't think they'll come back this way,straight home with tail between legs.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: filham on January 13, 2018, 12:48:56 PM
Yes they will have been on there best behaviour in the morning going to the match. Just wait for their return, in the dark, after a 3-0 defeat playing with 10 men.
A defeat and playing with 10 men. You are some sort of Oracle 'filham'!!
""Leeds are falling apart again "". Just early this year!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

SP

Quote from: MikeW on January 13, 2018, 05:04:09 PM

Might be advisable to sit in the Anderson shelter for a while?

049:gif

Whitesideup

Seldom do I enjoy a victory by a team managed by Mick McCarthy.  This is a rare treat.