watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Leeds Fans (Wonderful Behavior)

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 13, 2018, 12:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cambridge Pete

Hmmm.  saw and spoke to a few of them in Bury St Edmunds. Yes they were loud and had supped a few, but as far as I could see outside of Weatherspoons and outside the Grapes they were no trouble. they even spoke nicely about Fulham.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Cambridge Pete on January 13, 2018, 11:03:07 PM
Hmmm.  saw and spoke to a few of them in Bury St Edmunds. Yes they were loud and had supped a few, but as far as I could see outside of Weatherspoons and outside the Grapes they were no trouble. they even spoke nicely about Fulham.

You must have got the good ones in Bury then Pete.
There's nearly  always an element at every club.(trouble)
Do you live in Bury St Ed or Cambridge, there is a sprinkling of Fulham fans in the area now,I know of a couple out at Stetchworth and in Newmarket where I am.. 049:gif

cmg

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 13, 2018, 04:01:50 PM
Brawling has never really been a part of American sports, for the most part...

I thought it was compulsory in Ice Hockey.

Cambridge Pete

Maybe I struck lucky with the Leeds fans I met. Can only report what you see. I live near to Newmarket (4 miles). For some reason in Peter Thomson's books I was always Golfer Pete from Norwich!

ron

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 13, 2018, 04:01:50 PM
Brawling has never really been a part of American sports, for the most part. We aren't "born" into a team like you lot. Americans average a move every five years or so and almost no one is born and stay in one spot all their lives, so the attachment usually isn't as personal. We have a lot of fair weather fans. Usually, the sports gear you see worn is the team that last won. When there is violence it isn't one team fans against another but a bunch of low lives knocking over the local bodega and burning a few cars; a riot really.

Ice hockey seems to have its pugilistic moments on the ice as far as I can see....I'm only surprised that the crowd doesn't occupy the time when skating interrupts the fights with some fisticuffs of their own !

epsomraver

Quote from: Tonywa on January 13, 2018, 05:08:53 PM
Leeds supporters have acted like total scum ever since I began attending football as a kid in the sixties.  Seems nothing at all has changed.
0001.jpeg