watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in V Middlesbrough

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 13, 2018, 02:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Can't say the lack of height or muscle at the back isn't worrying. Hoping that going forward we could spring a few problems.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

One Martin Thomas

With the height of their strikers why Odoi ?

Matt10

I hope Johansen and Norwood have been practicing with eachother as much possible. I thought we'd see Piazon paired up Johansen instead of Norwood though. Eitherway should be interesting!

Neil D

If Cairney is suffering a recurrence of his injury, should he be on the bench?

howitis

SuffolkWhite

Open minded about this team, Odoi may be shortish for a CB but he can head a ball and has good spring to get to a ball to be fair.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 13, 2018, 02:04:10 PM
Can't say the lack of height or muscle at the back isn't worrying. Hoping that going forward we could spring a few problems.

Exactly. A Pulis team with Gestede in side.....

davew

Quote from: howitis on January 13, 2018, 02:15:12 PM
3pts to Boro
Who would you have picked instead? Unusually I am happy with this team selection today.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Neil D on January 13, 2018, 02:07:37 PM
To bring on in extremis against Mr Pulis's enlightened footballing purists?  (In other words so he's not unnecessarily going to be kicked to kingdom come)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

I would like to say 2 0 to Fulham FC, but I think we will concede as we normally do. So 2 1 to Fulham FC which would be some result alround, we really need to win.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jonaldiniho 88

I would have kalas ream and odoi in the starting 11. Kalas would want to impress against his old club. Norwood can only be starting due to cairney being injured after his last performance. I hope im wrong but cant see this going too well. I think scoring first is imperative innthis game. We haven't scored at all in our last 4 games at the riverside.

BestOfBrede

Blimey started early today Dave
:wine:

Matt10

Cairney's knee issue, as he described it himself, was one that would come and go. There is no way to predict it. It's based on how he feels and I'm sure Slav will determine when he can make an appearance. I feel good about everything else except for Johansen-Norwood combo. Norwood was just too hesitant against Southampton, and if he's not going to replace KMac in the lineup, it means we won't see him switch the play as much - which his strength. Looking forward to see how this goes, but I am definitely a bit worried about our center mids.

filham

We have seen this before but in my opinion if a player is fit enough to be on the bench he is fit enough to play and start.

Odoi is reliable and will do a job but being preferred to Kalas indicates that we are in need of that big ugly fast centre back strong in the air. Oh for a rejuvenated Roger Brown.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on January 13, 2018, 02:28:48 PM
I would have kalas ream and odoi in the starting 11. Kalas would want to impress against his old club. Norwood can only be starting due to cairney being injured after his last performance. I hope im wrong but cant see this going too well. I think scoring first is imperative innthis game. We haven't scored at all in our last 4 games at the riverside.

Yes scoring first is pivotal especially up there. We spend too many matches chasing the game. I do not think we can afford to do that today.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 13, 2018, 02:29:28 PM
Blimey started early today Dave
:wine:
Celebrating winning my own songs competition on here, won't have to share my gin stock with anybody! Actually I am drinking coke until later! Let's hope for a win today or at the very worst a draw.

brightster

Looks ok on paper, just hope it's not another performance like Sunderland away, it will be a tough one today. Think Kalas definitely needs this kick up the arse, hasn't been bad but not up to his standards from last year.
Interesting bench SS and Edun from the U18 and U21's, does this mean RF might be going later in the window!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on January 13, 2018, 02:32:21 PM

We have seen this before but in my opinion if a player is fit enough to be on the bench he is fit enough to play and start.

Odoi is reliable and will do a job but being preferred to Kalas indicates that we are in need of that big ugly fast centre back strong in the air. Oh for a rejuvenated Roger Brown.

I just hope we don't get found out at the back today. We have to get this one right, and we should counter well if we can get the rub of the green and show the necessary resilience that will be required.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Matt10 on January 13, 2018, 02:30:32 PM
Cairney's knee issue, as he described it himself, was one that would come and go. There is no way to predict it. It's based on how he feels and I'm sure Slav will determine when he can make an appearance. I feel good about everything else except for Johansen-Norwood combo. Norwood was just too hesitant against Southampton, and if he's not going to replace KMac in the lineup, it means we won't see him switch the play as much - which his strength. Looking forward to see how this goes, but I am definitely a bit worried about our center mids.
Afternoon Matt, playing golf tomorrow? Looks like there will be a heatwave i.e. 1 degree (lol) + some snow.