watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today was a key fixture

Started by Southcoastffc, January 13, 2018, 05:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Last week I said that today could be a really key fixture - not simply in points gained but in terms of our attitude and the performance.  I'm delighted that it sounds as if we really scrapped and fought and achieved what SJ has so often said (that he'd like us to win an ugly 1 nil).  Today suggests to me that if we keep the players we want to this window, we've no reason to be concerned for the rest of the season.  Whatever may or may not have happened/been said off the pitch recently, coach and squad are together.   049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

NogoodBoyo

Somebody made the point elsewhere that Fulham kept battling to win that game right up to the end and were the better team for it.  Most other teams away from home against a "big" club, would have just shut up shop and hung on for the one point.
Nogood "that's a winning mentality, isit" Boyo

bill taylors apprentice

And 4 very winnable games up next!

filham

Yes, essential we keep the squad together, lose either Fredericks or McDonald as rumours are suggesting and a big crack appears across the team.

davew

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on January 13, 2018, 05:58:32 PM

Don't say that!!! We have been in similar positions before and been left with egg on our faces and I hate egg!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Baszab

Don't be silly
No sensible owner would sell one of the stalwarts of the team at this stage would they ?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on January 13, 2018, 07:07:20 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on January 13, 2018, 05:58:32 PM

Don't say that!!! We have been in similar positions before and been left with egg on our faces and I hate egg!

and it's scrambled egg as well, and if we lose any key players in January it will poached egg.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Baszab on January 13, 2018, 07:12:07 PM
Don't be silly
No sensible owner would sell one of the stalwarts of the team at this stage would they ?

Sensible is the key to this question.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: Baszab on January 13, 2018, 07:12:07 PM
Don't be silly
When their cash conscious minds  tells  them that a player is  at his peak value and they will never get a higher offer for him then the player may disappear in a flash without a replacement in sight.