watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Patience is a virtue

Started by alfie, January 13, 2018, 05:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

I find it quite funny how many people write off Fulham before a ball is kicked.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Matt10

Quote from: alfie on January 13, 2018, 05:21:37 PM

Even their own supporters at times. Have to keep the faith and have patience. We have found our stride in this formation. It's not a 4-3-3, it's a 4-1-2-3 statically, but is really a 2-5-3 in attack. Most teams can't defend us without pushing 9 men behind the ball. We have the most agile CBs who are built like defensive midfielders, and can sprint up and down the pitch with ease. It's unheard of, and it's brilliant to watch when we try not to be so perfect and walk the ball into the net.

Based on all of the above, it really is a wonder how Fulham can ever be written off.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Matt10 on January 13, 2018, 05:38:43 PM

Even their own supporters at times. Have to keep the faith and have patience. We have found our stride in this formation. It's not a 4-3-3, it's a 4-1-2-3 statically, but is really a 2-5-3 in attack. Most teams can't defend us without pushing 9 men behind the ball. We have the most agile CBs who are built like defensive midfielders, and can sprint up and down the pitch with ease. It's unheard of, and it's brilliant to watch when we try not to be so perfect and walk the ball into the net.

Based on all of the above, it really is a wonder how Fulham can ever be written off.

I don't like to write Fulham off as their brand of football is so much more enjoyable to watch than the hoof-ball that most want to see when things aren't going our way.  I really do loathe hoof-ball, and was surprised to see how much of it Boro played today even with the talent at their disposal.  In fact, how much kudos is owed to Betts today.  The quality of his distribuition was very high indeed.
Nogood "a big fan of tippy-tappy I am, see" Boyo

itombomb

Quote from: Matt10 on January 13, 2018, 05:38:43 PM

We do have a lot of flexibility with our offensive positioning, but we definitely aren't a 2-5-3 in attack, we virtually always have the holding midfielder sitting in line with the CBs.

A lot of the time we are more like 3-4-3 or 3-6-1.

The latter is when I get frustrated, as our striker often gets super isolated against a back 4 or 5.

filham

I am Fulham through and through but based on our performances in the first part of the season and without Cairney today there was no way I dare hope for a win.
No, I had not actually written them off but the result is entirely unexpected and such a wonderful surprise.