watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

One for my dad...

Started by Marinelloguthrie, January 13, 2018, 05:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marinelloguthrie

My dad a life long Fulham supporter sadly passed away last Sunday at 85 so what a great win today to lift the air of sadness..

Also a reminder of how supporting our team no matter what our circumstances means to us all.

Well done boys, clean sheet and a last minute winner from the spot.

Great win for a great man.

Fernhurst

Deepest condolences Sir, you can look back on this result and always think of you're Dad
RIP  9739.gif
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

grandad

Your late father was there as he will be at every match. My father & my best mate were also there. Once a Fulham supporter for ever a Fulham supporter
Where there's a will there's a wife

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Marinelloguthrie on January 13, 2018, 05:26:35 PM
My dad a life long Fulham supporter sadly passed away last Sunday at 85 so what a great win today to lift the air of sadness..

Also a reminder of how supporting our team no matter what our circumstances means to us all.

Well done boys, clean sheet and a last minute winner from the spot.

Great win for a great man.

That has to bittersweet, but very happy for you and your family that Fulham produced that result for you all.  Condolences.

Fulham Tup North

Thoughts with you and your family. Know the feeling  😢.
Good win, slightly brighten your day. 
🙏
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

I am very sorry to hear about your dad. It's never easy at times like this. I am sure you have many happy memories of watching Fulham with him, and today was a special win for your dad.
But Fulham supporters never die, we just go to heaven and regroup.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

Condolences to all your family this will prove to be an important result as a loss almost means we start again. So while you remember your great Dad let's hope you have a lot more to remember 2018 for

filham

Sorry to hear about your dad, hope today's result helps you to handle the grief.

RaySmith

The lads did your dad proud.

HV71

First of all I salute you - a lovely ( albeit tragic ) post that shows real emotion and thoughtfulness that will strike a cord with many on this forum. Losing your Dad is a very big deal - but his memory will live on. You can always tell s real football fan because they often describe their personal history in relation to games . I remember one chap once saying " it was the weekend we lost my Dad we were away at Reading and drew 2-2 " .

So glad we got a win for your Dad - take care

brightster

Your Dad is the reason I have supported Fulham, he was a big part of my life and will miss him , 70 years supporting Fulham, all his stories of the semi finals, against Man U and other events will always stick in my mind.
True gent!

Mince n Tatties

Fulham 442

I always feel my Dad is with me at games despite the fact that he passed in 2003. Being at the Cottage always makes me me feel closer to him, may it be the same for you. My  sincere condolences for your loss.

WhiteJC

my condolences to you and yours, its at time like these that football is more than just a game

JoelH5

That makes today's win even sweeter. COYWS!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Twig

So sorry to hear of the loss of your father.  I suppose it is small consolation that he had a good innings over 85 years.
My father and his four brothers were all Fulham supporters, sadly all gone now but I still have the fond memories of time spent with them at the Cottage. 
I hope you will have the comfort of something similar to look back on in future years.

hovewhite

A great result in memory of your father,condolences

thebumponleroyshead

Your pops will be smiling 🕯
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

Texas White

Quote from: RaySmith on January 13, 2018, 06:36:00 PM
The lads did your dad proud.

Agreed ..  Sorry about your Dad. Mine went last year. It's so tuff. Look at his picture every day. A little sadness makes it easier.

bobbo

So sad and so brave to put in your post on here. He'll have a smile on his face up there.
1975 just leaving home full of hope