Main Menu

Ollies penalty

Started by f321ffc, January 13, 2018, 05:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

grandad

A perfect pen. Sent the GK the wrong way. So cool with virtually the last kick of the match to seal 3 points.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham Tup North

Poor old Pulis.. Look at his face....just look at his face!!!
Quality Penalty, very cool finish!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Neil D

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 13, 2018, 05:43:20 PM
Poor old Pulis.. Look at his face....just look at his face!!!
Quality Penalty, very cool finish!
COYW
Worth nearly as much as the goal.

Sgt Fulham

Ollie knows he's going to score. You can tell by the fact that there is no pause between kicking the ball and celebrating. Wonderful composure this lad has and such a relief given last season.

grandad

I can´t stop watching it. Must rank as one of the best I have seen. Importance of the result, virtually the last kick of the match. Not scored in the last 4 visits there, not won there since 1980. Cool as a cucumber.
Where there's a will there's a wife

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 13, 2018, 06:04:25 PM
Ollie knows he's going to score. You can tell by the fact that there is no pause between kicking the ball and celebrating. Wonderful composure this lad has and such a relief given last season.

He looked nervous to me - until he turned to the ref for about the third time, heard the whistle and then everything changed.  Steely determination, a positive face, a quick run-up, a nanosecond delay to commit the keeper and a perfectly disguised blast at the right height to the keeper's left when he had dived right. Character and technique.
Nogood "never a doubt, see" Boyo

keithh

It's strange, as if we now get a penalty I expect us to score......weird.

ffcthereligion

In that video I'm the bloke in the brown jacket who fell through the advertising hoardings and onto the pitch hahaha what a day

mrmicawbers

Loved the crowd surge from our fans.óh you Lucky people

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ffcthereligion on January 13, 2018, 10:23:23 PM
In that video I'm the bloke in the brown jacket who fell through the advertising hoardings and onto the pitch hahaha what a day

Yes I can see you, i bet it was, great Stuff, did you repair the hoardings before you left.
How many of you were there approximately at the away end.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamStu

That is exactely hoe I took them only with left foot the other side,  I scored 19 without missing...Best that.  Well done Olly...COYW.

thebumponleroyshead

So confident, the nonchalance comes from the fact he played Paper Scissors Stone with the keeper. Calm in a storm, made my weekend thanks Ollie.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

thebumponleroyshead

That crowd surge was like 4-2 away to Stockport Jeff Eckhardt, for the oldies xxx Hope you're ok ffcthereligion I thought you may had broken an arm when the hoarding buckled, proper bundle, good skills fella!!!!
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 13, 2018, 11:01:54 PM

Yes I can see you, i bet it was, great Stuff, did you repair the hoardings before you left.

Haha yes the stewards were trying to pull me up with the hoardings but my jeans had gotten caught and I was stuck! Got a tear down the leg and a lumpy bruise but I'd do it again tomorrow for that win!

Gentleman Jim said 431 travelled.

Thanks thebumponleroyshead  049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ffcthereligion on January 13, 2018, 11:42:29 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 13, 2018, 11:01:54 PM

Haha yes the stewards were trying to pull me up with the hoardings but my jeans had gotten caught and I was stuck! Got a tear down the leg and a lumpy bruise but I'd do it again tomorrow for that win!

Gentleman Jim said 431 travelled.

Thanks thebumponleroyshead  049:gif

Glad to hear it was all worth it, plenty of memories and 431 hardy souls who deserve to see a great away victory, you won't forget today in a hurry, great Stuff.

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

Penalty looks... soft at first glance.. possibly even a dive. I'm sure the replays close up will vindicate the decision(?).

No question about confidence of Norwood for grabbing the ball and sticking it away. Good man :)

Woolly Mammoth

Yes it is interesting when you see players waiting and preparing to take a penalty. Some look as cool as a cucumber and so confident, as Olly did.
Others look as though they don't want to be there, and visibly shrink, and you can see the confidence draining out of them.
Especially in penalty shoot outs, sometimes you can almost predict the ones that will miss.
It's real pressure, and not every player can handle it
Olly looked as though he was looking forward to it and enjoying the suspense and drama.

Never forget your Roots.

the nutflush

I was pi55ing myself laughing at that.  They all piled on top of you.  You guys looked like you enjoyed it. 

RaySmith

Brilliant! - what a great memory.