watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Was it really a penalty?

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, January 13, 2018, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Both were penalties despite Kallas having an arm around his neck. You can't push opponents over. Norwood probably felt the touch on his boot and went over. I have seen both given in the passed. But yes we had the rub of the ref for once.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

toshes mate

One was a penalty and the other one wasn't and the referee was spot on on both.  There is no 'hard' or 'soft' in the rule book or record book only in opinions offered.

Count Flapula

Kalas did foul Braithwaite, but only after he had been fouled by Braithwaite first. Therefore, not a penalty as the first infringement was made by the Boro player. Anyone who disputes that doesn't understand the rules of football. I am suprised the ref did not blow for either infringement though.

Our penalty, while soft there was contact. If shoe was on the other foot though I wouldn't be happy as does look like Norwood left his foot dangling to receive contact. Not a trait I like in modern football but Norwood is using the letter of the law to suit him and gained us 3 points so cannot be "blamed" individually - more of an indictment of the rules of football than anything.