Main Menu

Is Cairney injured?

Started by jarv, January 13, 2018, 06:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

irishfulham

Recovering from injury (knee) was on bench though unused sub

Fernhurst

Struggling with an knee issue which has plagued him all season. Fit enough to be used from bench in the event of us going behind today, but happily not needed.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

davew

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 13, 2018, 07:01:09 PM
Struggling with an knee issue which has plagued him all season. Fit enough to be used from bench in the event of us going behind today, but happily not needed.
Agreed, if he had have been risked and aggravated the injury it could have cost us more than the 3 points we won today. All in all 2 good results, our win and him not playing.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Cairney's knee has been a problem all season and I am not sure he is doing the team or himself  a lot of favours by playing when not fully fit and missing so many games.
Has he  had the best medical opinions and are we taking the best action for a  long term cure.

HatterDon

Had we had him at his best this season -- in other words, the man we saw LAST season -- we'd be in the top two pulling away from the playoff bunch.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

..FOF..

Quote from: HatterDon on January 14, 2018, 05:31:22 AM
Had we had him at his best this season -- in other words, the man we saw LAST season -- we'd be in the top two pulling away from the playoff bunch.

A fit Cairney, a free moving Sess and a pedigree striker.

A perfect recipe for the rest of this season.

hovewhite

Don't think we need TC v Burton and better for him to rest up another week in my opinion.

toshes mate

Cairney's problem has been described as difficult and I am not sure that rest is the answer to it.  His movement seems to become more limited when the problem flares and that means he is then more liable to be clattered when in or receiving possession.  It's good to see the team producing some good football in his absence however.  I hope the medics and physios can find an answer for TC because he has so much to offer football.

Bill2

Quote from: toshes mate on January 14, 2018, 11:49:23 AM
Cairney's problem has been described as difficult and I am not sure that rest is the answer to it.  His movement seems to become more limited when the problem flares and that means he is then more liable to be clattered when in or receiving possession.  It's good to see the team producing some good football in his absence however.  I hope the medics and physios can find an answer for TC because he has so much to offer football.
Part of the trouble he continually keeps getting clattered, every game the first opportunity the opposition get they kick him, especially they all know he is carrying an injury.

filham

Quote from: hovewhite on January 14, 2018, 11:32:41 AM
Don't think we need TC v Burton and better for him to rest up another week in my opinion.
That would mean we will have rested him for three games in a row, if that is necessary and continues to be then he is not going to be a great deal of use to us for the rest of the season.

Twig

Quote from: HatterDon on January 14, 2018, 05:31:22 AM

I like the optimism and perhaps you are right, sadly we will never know. I just hope we get him 100% fit in the summer ready for next year. He's far too good to drift out of the game due to persistent injury.

Count Flapula

He has always seemed a bit flat footed and has an unusual gait (feet pointing outwards) when he walks, so wonder if the knee pain is a mechanical injury? Sadly, if this is the case it becomes very difficult to treat and he may end up having to learn to play with pain.

Hoping this is not the case but a lot of indicators there that there may be something in that theory..