watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Current Form

Started by NogoodBoyo, January 14, 2018, 05:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NogoodBoyo

Look at the BBC Championship Table where they detail the form over the last five games.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

Fulham are top of the table with 4 wins and 1 draw.
In the top 2 of the conventional table, Wolves and Derby are neck-and-neck on 3 wins and 2 draws each. 
Below that, Cardiff have seen their boil lanced with 1 win and 4 losses. 
Villa are ok with 3 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw. 
Bristol City are imploding with 3 losses, 1 win and 1 draw. 
Sheffield Utd are stuttering with 3 draws, 1 loss and 1 win. 
Leeds are struggling with 2 losses, 1 draw and 2 wins. 
The only club below us that is performing is Brentford with 4 wins and 1 loss.

Nogood "statistically speaking, isit" Boyo

VicHalomsLovechild

I'm hoping with the run of good form and a possibility at crack at promotion and his other team doing well. Our Chairman may be happy to spend a little more than planned.

Vic "American express ok boyo?"

filham

A win against Burton on Saturday and it will mean16 points from six matches which would be terrific.

However I don't think we are playing as well as we were in the second half as last season when we reached the play offs, but it is results that matter.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: filham on January 14, 2018, 07:38:29 PM
A win against Burton on Saturday and it will mean16 points from six matches which would be terrific.

However I don't think we are playing as well as we were in the second half as last season when we reached the play offs, but it is results that matter.

I find myself thinking about Brighton quite often these days.  Didn't they narrowly miss out on promotion two seasons before they managed it?  Didn't we "outplay" them home and away but come away with no points in their last season in the Championship?  Didn't people often accuse them of winning ugly?
Nogood "sounds like a recipe for success, isit" Boyo

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on January 14, 2018, 07:27:51 PM
I'm hoping with the run of good form and a possibility at crack at promotion and his other team doing well. Our Chairman may be happy to spend a little more than planned.

Vic "American express ok boyo?"

I wish we know what he is planning, I do.
Nogood "hope springs infernal, isit" Boyo

RaySmith

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on January 14, 2018, 08:23:11 PM
Quote from: filham on January 14, 2018, 07:38:29 PM

I find myself thinking about Brighton quite often these days.  Didn't they narrowly miss out on promotion two seasons before they managed it?  Didn't we "outplay" them home and away but come away with no points in their last season in the Championship?  Didn't people often accuse them of winning ugly?
Nogood "sounds like a recipe for success, isit" Boyo
Good point.

If Fulham can become hard to beat, and 'grind out' results, like Brighton did last season, then that will add a lot of points to our total, than if we just played the flowing, attractive football, but failing to get the points we deserve from many games, and being beaten by,  on paper, 'lesser' teams.

We have to commend the attitude shown by the players this season - to keep bouncing back - in games, and overall.

ffc73

All we can do is win our games.  If we are in the top 6 on 11 March I will start yo get excited: -

17 Feb Villa
21 Feb Bristol City
24 Feb Wolves
03 Mar Derby
06 Mar Sheff Utd
10 Mar Preston

After that sequence we should know if we are in with a shout or not