Started by Jimsbeerbelly, January 13, 2018, 10:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

They had 9 shots to our 12

They had 0 shots on target to our 2

They had 37% possession to our 63%

They had 5 corners to our 1

They had 13 fouls to our 12

Was it really luck, or just good defending for a change?

Did this just show us, that they were more direct with their game.

Obviously with Pulis there now, Boro will play more long ball football.

Tabby

They burned a couple of easy chances, hit the bar right before we got the penalty and had a decent penalty shout themselves.

I think a draw would have been fair and that the stats are a bit misleading here.

irishfulham

Yeah with their one on ones (should have had a pen) etc good defending? I'm Afraid not

Twig

Quote from: irishfulham on January 13, 2018, 10:16:15 PM
Yeah with their one on ones (should have had a pen) etc good defending? I'm Afraid not

I thought we defended well.  Ream was excellent, Button made some great decisions, Odoi played well. Why do you not think we defended well?

filham

I have watched the highlights on Channel 5 (we were 1st on !!), and thought they looked good in the first half and made some  breaks which could have lead to goals.

However we stuck in there and came away with three points. A great result.

S.F.Sorrow

Stats can lie.

Our possesion was the usual slow build up. During the first half we hardly crossed the half way line. No threat at all. Their possesion was attack, attack, attack and they looked dangerous every time!

Many of our "shots" were from outside the box and heading for row z. Their shots hit the crossbar or missed by inches.

We did NOT defend well, at least not in the first half. Bettinelli was good but the rest of our defence looked like headless chickens. It was pure luck Boro didn't score and very painful to watch. We were completely outplayed and outmuscled. Boro could easily have been up 3-0  at half time. Things got better after Joka made some changes early in the second half but we were still struggling. The only time we looked the better team was the last 10-15 mins. We even got a soft penalty and Boro was denied one that most refs would have given.

Daylight robbery but surprisingly satisfying after such a miserable performance. And of course 3 very important points. With Leeds imploding (same as last year...) we might still have a chance. But we really do need to strengthen the squad, we can't rely on winning matches like we did yesterday. Even the ref was on our side for a change!

glenhodgso

Quote from: Twig on January 14, 2018, 10:35:35 AM
Quote from: irishfulham on January 13, 2018, 10:16:15 PM

I thought we defended well.  Ream was excellent, Button made some great decisions, Odoi played well. Why do you not think we defended well?

What were Button's great decisions?
Who to sit next to on the bench?
Where to sit on the coach?