watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer window good news.

Started by FulhamStu, January 13, 2018, 11:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Being so close to playoffs will massively help recruitment, as will our current form.

Players will want to come to a winning team and they all love the glory and could see that potential, last season Fulham gained general recognition for fantastic football and players want to be part of that as well.

Selling the club is vital to recruitment, my only question is, who is doing that if the yanks are in America.   Can I suggest Tony gets off his bum and gets over to the home of the club he is head of and convinced that Central Defender and Striker to sign, if it cost £20M it will be a small investment to what we will earn next season if we get it right.

I know, I know, sleepy time.

Woolly Mammoth

Sleepy time or not, you have hit the nail firmly on the head.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

It depends on who you believe. Our Coach believed those in charge had said the squad were under performing and didn't need reinforcements. If true than the club will say they were right and why do we need more players. But one would hope improvements in the RIGHT positions were close and on their way.   
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Last couple of weeks we had a glimse of what Kamara could do, but unfortunately (or fortunately)
he showed he is not the answer to our striking problems long term.
I know it wasn't his fault, he had little service and I sure don't think Fonte or OJo are the answers.

Hopefully the recruitment guys will stop rubbing their hands thinking they've saved some money on
a new striker.
I still think Kamara with his attitude and heart has a future with us though
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

davew

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 13, 2018, 11:48:05 PM
It depends on who you believe. Our Coach believed those in charge had said the squad were under performing and didn't need reinforcements. If true than the club will say they were right and why do we need more players. But one would hope improvements in the RIGHT positions were close and on their way.   
Exactly, the Khans will simply see yesterday's result as an endorsement that no money needs to be spent, shame they do not understand football and realise we were very, very fortunate to win! We may have shot ourselves in the foot!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

toshes mate

It's so easy to carried away but yesterday's line up actually damonstrated to anyone with a football brain where and why we have squad deficiencies.  If the Khans' knew football then they would understand that and get the cheque book out.

Andy S

It's not that quick and easy. Players prices are over inflated this time of year. Players playing for clubs are carrying injuries like Cairney. Are we desperate to waste 20m?

Twig

Quote from: Andy S on January 14, 2018, 09:49:00 AM
It's not that quick and easy. Players prices are over inflated this time of year. Players playing for clubs are carrying injuries like Cairney. Are we desperate to waste 20m?

Not desperate to waste anything but desperate to see us promoted. This squad is a couple of decent signings short of achieving that. 

JoelH5

If they don't want to spend, Slav needs to get on the phone to Watford and get Holebas in on a short term loan!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

bill taylors apprentice

Looking at the recruitment issue from a slightly different angle I think its fair to say we could easily pay BIG money for a very good striker but apart from persuading such a player the difficulty would be the salary that comes with such a purchase. That may not only upset the wage structure but create difficulties among other players?

When MAF started signing top class players for us in the 3rd tier he was also paying 1st tier wages to them, granted under different rules.

Maybe the owners learnt a lesson in their dealings with the likes of McCormack who seemed to renegotiate his contact on a regular basis?

Its often said the owners overall spend on players is close to nil after taking into account sales and I go along with that but I think we forget the big hole that money disappears into that is otherwise known as the 'general running costs of a FL Club'.

Especially a London Club with lower than normal commercial revenue streams (MY guess?) with ambition to become "sustainable", not a bad thing!

So I appreciate its more complicated than it may seem and another reason to aim to uncover gems or bring in cheap decent players from lower paying leagues.

Having said all that, as good as the present team is a lot of us will recognise what a proper top class promotion team looks like (Keegans, Tigana's and even MacDonalds) and the current team is lacking.

Sometimes you have to make a calculated decision to go for it but I fear all the statistical stuff is getting in the way of knowledgeable football peoples ideas and paying a few quid more to get the right player.

If there are Horsfields, Hayles etc out there I fear the stats would find a way of not rating them high enough or even ignore them completely so if we are waiting for the right player to tick all the boxes before we loosen the purse strings I fear we will miss the boat!

If now is not the time it never will be!

filham

This is a moment of opportunity, £20m well spent cold just take us into the play offs and then on into the Premiership. Leave the spending until this time next year and  £20m may be needed to avoid relegation.

Of course , whoever is responsible for bringing in new players have demonstrated that they are quite capable of wasting large sums of money, particularly on strikers.