more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our next games...

Started by General, January 14, 2018, 08:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Burton, barnsley, Nottingham forest and Bolton

Teams positioned in 15th, 19th, 21st and 22nd..

Are we going to do the Fulhamish thing and struggle or are people optimistic, with two losses since the second match of November of getting a good points tally?

With 10 points between us and second although a genuine need for reinforcements are we thinking we could push on?

SuffolkWhite

I hope we do ok,  but there will be a Fulhamish result in there somewhere of course. Thing is we arnt playing well every game but winning ugly.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Andy S

The league at the end of season always tells the tale. It never lies. If we cock up then we will be outside the top 6 and that is what we will deserve. I'm hoping Cairney will be fit enough to play and we do well as we all do. There are already matches that we should have won that would see us at least in the top 6. So we just have to hope

choice_of_ends

The following 5 games after these next 4 are all against teams above us in the table. So, we were better advised not to go the Fulham way and drop points in the next 4. Otherwise the play off race is over end of February.

MJG

Quote from: General on January 14, 2018, 08:48:03 AM

Burton, barnsley, Nottingham forest and Bolton

Teams positioned in 15th, 19th, 21st and 22nd..

Are we going to do the Fulhamish thing and struggle or are people optimistic, with two losses since the second match of November of getting a good points tally?

With 10 points between us and second although a genuine need for reinforcements are we thinking we could push on?
the par score we need really is nine points from those four games which will set us up well for that tough run. 
Just the views of a long term fan

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: choice_of_ends on January 14, 2018, 09:43:57 AM
The following 5 games after these next 4 are all against teams above us in the table. So, we were better advised not to go the Fulham way and drop points in the next 4. Otherwise the play off race is over end of February.

Exactly. The next matches are hideous. We really will need Cairney for and a couple of signings. The next four should be used to bed these wonder signings undoubtedly coming........ ...

Twig

I'd like 10 pts but we desperately need heavyweight reinforcements. One or two injury niggles for key players and we simply lack quality cover.

SuffolkWhite

The strange thing is we tend to get results from the top teams but not the lower team, I think that's the case anyway?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

Well every game counts and no games are easy but it is good to be in a position to challenge for the play offs. Our early season form suggested that at this stage we would be looking at the relegation positions rather than the top six.

However we are not playing the dazzling football we were in the second half of last season so we really do need two or three quality players to come in during the next couple of weeks.