watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-That moment

Started by bog, January 14, 2018, 09:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I was watching Final Score with eyes riveted on the bottom of the screen as 90 minutes passed willing a goal for us then....yes!!!! Norwood +5 pen and all my aged coordination went.  :yay: :clap_hands: 049:gif :wine: :wow: 082.gif 049:gif One of those magical moments aye wot?

092.gif

FFC365

I was watching Sky and they announced the pen, and then returned to the ground as Norwood scored  :wow:

f321ffc

I was on a Twitter feed someone on there had been posting updates far in advance of the TV updates,
Fingers crossed hopeing  for a 0-0 full time when Said poster Tweets "penalty to Fulham" heart in mouth thinking oh dear (or words a bit more industrial to that effect) bet we miss, oh ye of little faith, well done Ollie Norwood. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Fernhurst

I was listening to Gentleman Jim and his side kick Jamie with my Grandson.
Sky sports is on in the background with the sound off. SSN is always a minute in front of the commentary so towards the end of the match we turn the telly off altogether, neither of us could believe he gave a pen in the very last min and it seemed like an age before Ollie was ready to take it. The joy and relief in Jim's voice was magical as the ball hit the back of the net and the pair of us went do Lally !!!!
Great memory for all, especially the hardy traveling support.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Holders

All your aged co-ordination went? You mean you sh@t yourself!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bog

Quote from: Holders on January 14, 2018, 10:49:14 AM

How did you know that?!  :022:

092.gif

MaidenheadMick

Was watching Soccer Special on Sky and Jeff Stelling, at 16.56pm shouts ' there's a sting in the tail at the Riverside'. My heart sank then it was over to Bryn Law who says "It's a penalty in the very last minute of time added on to.....Fulham". My heart was racing at this point, fingers, legs, toes even eyes crossed. Back to Jeff in the studio then back to Bryn at the Riverside. "Up steps Oliver Norwood and........scores!. Cue pandemonium in the Carter house. Magnificent!!!

Fernhurst

Great description Mick

I've been supporting Fulham in excess of 60 years but still buzzing this morning.  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif COYW
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

toshes mate

Quote from: bog on January 14, 2018, 11:19:27 AM
Quote from: Holders on January 14, 2018, 10:49:14 AM

How did you know that?!  :022:

092.gif
The perfect conversation.  As an oldie too I did enjoy.

Holders

It reminded me of John Mitchell's late winner against Birmingham in 1975.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

toshes mate

Quote from: Holders on January 14, 2018, 11:59:04 AM
It reminded me of John Mitchell's late winner against Birmingham in 1975.
Last minute too, with Mullers and Moore doing their going to Wembley jig together.  Was one of my favourite away trips of all time.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 14, 2018, 11:45:55 AM
Great description Mick

I've been supporting Fulham in excess of 60 years but still buzzing this morning.  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif COYW

:plus one:   049:gif   092.gif

filham

Some moment, we have had a number of nail biting ten minutes at the Cottage where we are half expecting an equalising or winning goal from the opposition, away from home you are even more prepared for the the opposition to come up with a late goal. To get the penalty like that at Middlesbrough is vintage fulhamish from Roy of the Rovers. Just what we needed to start a top six chase.