Home37%Away63%
Shots
Home9Away12
Shots on Target
Home0Away2

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Twig on January 14, 2018, 01:59:01 PM
Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on January 14, 2018, 01:28:16 PM
First post on here after years of lurking, so go easy on me....

I was at Boro yesterday and I think the Sunday Times has it about right. We could easily have been two down in 15 minutes and three or four down by half-time on a different day - we've all seen it happen before.

Not that Boro were brilliant, but we made some poor mistakes and they missed a couple of one-on-ones wth Bettinelli. Traore, though, was so fast he was virtually unstoppable and with a better end product he could have had them out of sight by half time, but then I guess if he had an end product he wouldn't be at Boro, would he?

What impressed me about Fulham was that we rode our luck and still had enough left to put a reasonable amount of pressure on at the end, before the penalty, as Boro retreated into two Pulis banks of four presumably to preserve a point. For example, Sess was involved in a good goalmouth scramble late on, but the ball wouldn't quite fall for him. There were a lot of mis-controls from both sides, so I'm guessing the pitch wasn't the best, but we still moved the ball around in our usual way and mostly refused to lump it. With Downing and Howson running their midfield, there wasn't much pressing and so with our clever short passing game, there was often a man over and an out ball. Having said that, Bettinelli made a good save and came out well to put Gestede off, but if he, Braithwaite and Traore had brought their shooting boots with them, it could have been very different. We definitely nicked it, but how many times does the same happen to us at the Cottage, so I'll take it.

Agree that seems like a very fair and balanced report. Certainly better than "I watched it on a stream and we were crap"!

I did watch it on a stream

We were crap

Wingnut

I watched the game online. They were the better team in the first half and we were very lucky to end the half at 0-0. Second half, we played much better but we still rode our luck at times. They had some really good chances to win it, including a lob from Assombalonga which bounced off the crossbar just before we got the penalty. Was delighted with the win but a point would have been a fairer return from that game. Need to take advantage of that bit of good fortune and get maximum points from the Burton and Barnsley games coming up.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: Wingnut on January 14, 2018, 06:43:49 PM
I watched the game online. They were the better team in the first half and we were very lucky to end the half at 0-0. Second half, we played much better but we still rode our luck at times. They had some really good chances to win it, including a lob from Assombalonga which bounced off the crossbar just before we got the penalty. Was delighted with the win but a point would have been a fairer return from that game. Need to take advantage of that bit of good fortune and get maximum points from the Burton and Barnsley games coming up.
As I said to my Brighton supporting mate when they somehow relieved us of 6 points last season, at least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask.

Whitesideup

Quote from: FFC365 on January 14, 2018, 02:13:14 PM
First time of watching I thought Kalas took a risk in pushing the 'Boro man to the floor, but if you watch the forward only, he defo puts his arm around the neck of Kalas before he was fouled. Nobody on the box mentions this, do I need to change my B&W spectacles?
No, you are absolutely right. Had a penalty been awarded, I for one would have considered it wrong. Having said that the ref did not give the foul against the Boro forward either. The ref clearly didn't know what to do, so in that instance nothing was the best.

Nasty Neil

I was at Boro on Saturday, it was a case of smash and grab, but during the last 25mins the fans woke up and u could feel something building. we did ride our luck and a couple of decisions made myself and all around us smile that knowing we just got away with one smile.
Being at a live game enables you to watch what you want, watching Sess off the ball he looked flat!! and maybe in need of a bit of a rest, although he was up against the most dynamic player on the pitch in Traore a flying machine with all the tricks.