watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The consensus seems to be

Started by St Eve, January 14, 2018, 03:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

We deserved nothing from the game. I haven't seen it yet, just heard GJ's commentary.

However, I really don't care. Having supported Fulham for over 50 years we are entitled to a bit of luck. I don't feel a bit sorry for Boro and certainly not Pulis. I will have a great weekend. I will stare at the table and start dreaming again.

Fulham Tup North

:wine:  fully agreed. How many times have we dominated, failed to score and lost to a lack of concentration late on.
Great win, important 3 points. Had a feel of Norwich away last season about it. Not the 1-3 scoreline of course, but the dogged determination to fight to the last whistle and we worked hard as a team.
Solid effort.
049:gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Fulham76

We haven't won there in the league for 33 years apparently. Some of these records just drag on & on so I have absolutely no problem with us being lucky for a change  - we don't get outplayed very often.

Fernhurst

"Dogged determination"

Completely agree, was so impressed we kept going and fully deserved our win.

COYW
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Snibbo

Home Team Middlesbrough Away Team Fulham
Possession Home 37% Away 63%
Shots Home 9 Away12
Shots on Target Home 0 Away 2

Doesn't look lucky to me

KingofCheese

I have seen the highlights and we didn't deserve to win that given the chances they had. Great midfielder/winger they've got, don't remember his name but he had pace and skill and opened us up a number of times. Saying that I don't care either as we have had too many games where we have had 60% plus possession and lost in the dying minutes. Happy to be on the other side for a change!
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

grandad

How many times did Brighton win by being lucky but at the same time determined? Well twice against us at least. About time Lady Luck shone for us considering how ref decisions have gone against us.
Having watched the 2 pen incidents , my opinion is that for theirs Kalas nearly had his head ripped off before Braithwaite went to ground. For ours there was contact on Norwood´s left foot which prevented him from taking a step with it. Contact therefore a pen. There is no rule about how much contact there has to be. Entirely up to the ref.
Where there's a will there's a wife

St Eve

Quote from: grandad on January 14, 2018, 05:29:44 PM
How many times did Brighton win by being lucky but at the same time determined? Well twice against us at least. About time Lady Luck shone for us considering how ref decisions have gone against us.
Having watched the 2 pen incidents , my opinion is that for theirs Kalas nearly had his head ripped off before Braithwaite went to ground. For ours there was contact on Norwood´s left foot which prevented him from taking a step with it. Contact therefore a pen. There is no rule about how much contact there has to be. Entirely up to the ref.
Still haven't seen the game but I agree with you 100% Grandad

Lighthouse

The consensus wasn't that we didn't deserve anything from the game. I have seen little or no posts to that opinion. I have seen posts saying we had the rub of the green with the penalty decisions. A draw would have been a fairer result. They missed a few one on ones with our keeper. Our shots on goal where long range hopeful shots. But that is how it goes sometimes. All Fulham fans are happy about it as all clubs have poor decisions against them from time to time. Nobody is unhappy. But we were fortunate with the decisions, at least that is the view from a few.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

andyk

If it's the last minute of injury time, and you are hanging on for a point, why would you have 6 players in their box. They didn't put 6 players in our box the whole match, even when they had set pieces. We were going for it, even in the last seconds, they had settled for a point 15 minutes from the end. The only chance they got was a lob over the top, and no concerted pressure at all.
It was deserved, they missed their chances and then panicked when we loaded up in front of their goal with seconds left.

filham

Quote from: KingofCheese on January 14, 2018, 05:12:58 PM
I have seen the highlights and we didn't deserve to win that given the chances they had. Great midfielder/winger they've got, don't remember his name but he had pace and skill and opened us up a number of times. Saying that I don't care either as we have had too many games where we have had 60% plus possession and lost in the dying minutes. Happy to be on the other side for a change!
It is goals that count.

terryr

I don't think they had a shot on target...,,,just saying

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: TerryR on January 14, 2018, 08:10:41 PM
I don't think they had a shot on target...,,,just saying
I seem to remember Betts diving to his left to make a good two handed save in the first half, but you're right, it doesn't seem to have shown up in the BBC stats. Maybe I was hallucinating  :005:

But on that note, his second half two fisted punch was excellent, as was his closing down of Gestede in the first half to put him off when one-on-one. I'm not normally a fan, but credit where it's due, he was sound yesterday. Some of his distribution was a little, er, leisurely and might have incurred the wrath of some referees, so perhaps there's something in the gripes of the Boro fans that the ref was a former Sunderland season ticket holder after all. HeeHee.

cmg

Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on January 14, 2018, 08:36:54 PM
I seem to remember Betts diving to his left to make a good two handed save in the first half, but you're right, it doesn't seem to have shown up in the BBC stats. Maybe I was hallucinating  :005:

No. Not even a flashback!
Betts did make an excellent save as you describe, but the bloke was given offside and so the shot (and save) 'doesn't count', even though Betts couldn't have been aware at the time.

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: cmg on January 14, 2018, 08:48:56 PM
Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on January 14, 2018, 08:36:54 PM

No. Not even a flashback!
Betts did make an excellent save as you describe, but the bloke was given offside and so the shot (and save) 'doesn't count', even though Betts couldn't have been aware at the time.

Ah, that explains it. Too busy appreciating the save and trying to get the circulation going in my feet again to notice. Thanks!

toshes mate

What has consensus to do with a football match?  Is there not a consensus that most referees are not fit for purpose these days and what happens if referees stay the same or worse and we all settled down to life until the next time.  Consensus is for those who feel the need to be one of many rather than individuals who think for themselves....