more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joleon Lescott anyone for CB??

Started by Fulham Tup North, January 14, 2018, 03:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

:54:
Could do a lot worse and the wages would be off-set by the fact he is a free agent!!

ON SKY LIVE-BLOG

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

LESCOTT WAITING FOR OFFERS

Joleon Lescott has been without a club since leaving Sunderland at the end of last season but insists he is fit enough to play should a club make him an offer this month.

Speaking on Goals On Sunday, Lescott said: "I'm training still, I like to keep fit, I don't find it difficult to do that - it's an enjoyable part of it.

"With my experience, I could be ready to play with a month's training - I would need to do extra to get up to speed, but I don't think the hunger ever goes. The legs go before that, but the desire stays and I enjoy it."

Any thoughts??   092.gif 092.gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

St Eve

Sgt Fulham

No thanks. We learned the lessons of obtaining players like this at the cost of our premier league status.

Twig

I'd probably say no but e has always struck me as quite professional so who knows, it could work.

bog

No thanks. I think he was at Sunderland last season and he was useless. I think he had a run in with some supporters.

092.gif

Matt10

Doesn't fit our system. Rewatch all our matches and see how far forward our CB's get. They also have to fast enough to recover on counters. Kalas, Odoi and Ream do just fine.

Nero

Quote from: Twig on January 14, 2018, 04:37:45 PM
I'd probably say no but e has always struck me as quite professional so who knows, it could work.

professional who tweets picture of his aston martin after a 6-0 defeat and says it was an accident,

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Matt10 on January 14, 2018, 04:39:40 PM
Doesn't fit our system. Rewatch all our matches and see how far forward our CB's get. They also have to fast enough to recover on counters. Kalas, Odoi and Ream do just fine.
and yet on every other transfer thread everyone says that we need a new CB??
Are you saying that we don't need a new CB with loads of experience, who is not afraid to get his head to a ball?
Yes maybe someone younger than Lescott true, but we have wanted a CB for years !

Holders

He was a good player in his day but not now, thanks.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Matt10

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 14, 2018, 04:43:44 PM
and yet on every other transfer thread everyone says that we need a new CB??
Are you saying that we don't need a new CB with loads of experience, who is not afraid to get his head to a ball?
Yes maybe someone younger than Lescott true, but we have wanted a CB for years !

No, I'm not saying that at all. He doesn't fit our system, simply enough. Our CB's are built like midfielders. They are fast, elusive and can recover from the halfway mark if needed. They can also dribble if called upon - and it is often called upon.

Lescott doesn't fit the bill.

Yes, we need a CB, but I think a dominant striker is a higher priority. You can't get your cake and eat it too when you want a 6'2-6'5 center back, but also need them to be potent in the attack...on the ground.

In terms of my preference for a CB would be like a Liam Moore or Tyias Browning. Can dribble and pass in attack, yet can recover in defense. Obviously, they aren't available, but players of that type would fit our system best I feel.

@jolslover

Agree and people easily forget that any CB we sign has to be as a minimum good on the ball and quick. Or they will just get found out with the way we play and will be a serious weak point. Rules out *most* tall CBs so no idea why people keep suggesting one.    *Appreciate some CBs are tall/big and quick*
STH H3

YankeeJim

He's a 35 year old prem defender and no one made him an offer? Is that a rather large warning sign?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

filham

Why is he not getting a look in at bottom of the table Sunderland.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: filham on January 14, 2018, 07:41:47 PM
Why is he not getting a look in at bottom of the table Sunderland.
Because he doesn't play for them.

aaronmcguigan

He's been a free agent since 9th June. 7 months he's had to find a club. Either he has silly wage demands or too much blind "pride" to drop down the leagues.
2 consecutive relegations, with being effectively sacked by Athens inbetween

HatterDon

I'm not certain about this, but I believe he's older than I am.  092.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Twig

OK so we all agree it's a no then.

Fulham Tup North

hovewhite

Don't think he was that good anyway in is prime.

jarv

No. Even Sunderland don't want him.