watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I will never complain about refs decisions again

Started by The Swan, January 14, 2018, 07:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

I think we had all the good luck yesterday against Boro.

They missed a couple of one on one with our keeper.

They hit the bar when it looked easier to score.

They should have had a penalty.

The penalty we were awarded was very soft.

We also scored in the 90+5 minute.

We can never moan about late goals we concede ever again.

After all that what a result.
The Swan

SP

S.F.Sorrow

That pretty much sums it up. A great result but except for the last 10-15 minutes it was a really poor performance and painful to watch. If I was a Boro supporter I would be devastated. We didn't deserve a draw, let alone 3 points! 4-0 would have been a fair result. Credit to the players for not giving up though! It was always going to be a difficult game and our first win there since... the 80s?

One point below 6th.  :wow: COME ON FULHAM!!!!  049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

We must consider ourselves fortunate to be exiting their ground with three massive points. But I don't care, I shall not apologise.
All the more reason to ensure we bring in reinforcements in this window ASAP, as next time we may not be so fortunate.
If Burton do a job on us in the same fashion, then we cannot have any complaints, except to ask as to why we haven't brought in a Striker a Centre Back and a left back yet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SG

I have seen us completely dominate so many games over the years and come away with nothing so I really couldn't give a toss about winning this match in these circumstances especially when we put one over anti football Pulis

Woolly Mammoth

The main objective is to win, whether it's good, bad or ugly.
Goals win games, points win prizes.
But let's not kid ourselves or anyone else that we are that good yet.
We are not the finished article, by any stretch of the imagination.
We could make the play offs and stay there, but only if we bring in the necessary players in this window.
If that does not happen, and Jok, ignores the stats failures on the sideline. Then at least try some of our Academy players who are arguably better that most of the summer signings.
Otherwise we can kiss goodbye any thoughts of promotion with the back room outfit who are running the show.
This will be a real shame, as we are that close to a promotion team.

Never forget your Roots.

Benny

We have dominated more teams and ended up with nothing over the last couple of seasons than the other way around. I remember dominating both games against Brighton last season and getting nothing plus a 1-1 draw against Leeds at our place with the officials missing a great goal by Kebano which crossed the line after hitting the underside of the bar and bouncing out.

Will take yesterday's luck and result with both hands without an apology as we have been on the receiving end more often than not. All teams that get promoted from our league need some luck along the way and maybe it's our turn coming at the right time...

Plus the face on Tony Pulis made it even better given his antics over the years....

toshes mate

For what seems like an eternity posters on here have been complaining and moaning about our inability to turn superiority in possession and football skills into goals.  Yesterday we met a side who missed three good chances (from my memory) to score, had a penalty rightfully refused, and hit the bar and suddenly we are 'lucky'!!!

What complete and utter garbage.

davew

In a private interview the referee was embarrassed to reveal that he has been suffering from colour blindness and short term memory loss and that he thought Fulham were playing in Red yesterday!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Andy S

Football is and always played with tight margins. Luck is always involved somewhere. Ok we got it yesterday but the referee's decisions were spot on. There was no luck there. Also 10 out of 10 for still attacking in the 95th minute of the game when a lot of teams would be settling for the draw. Some times you have to win ugly and win we did. In the years ahead people will see the result but forget how the three points were won

davew

Quote from: Andy S on January 14, 2018, 10:04:18 PM
Football is and always played with tight margins. Luck is always involved somewhere. Ok we got it yesterday but the referee's decisions were spot on. There was no luck there. Also 10 out of 10 for still attacking in the 95th minute of the game when a lot of teams would be settling for the draw. Some times you have to win ugly and win we did. In the years ahead people will see the result but forget how the three points were won
As you say Andy spot on!! If we miss out on the play offs by a few points we will be picking out the matches that we should have won rather than perhaps the game yesterday that maybe we shouldn't, but hats off to the lads they kept going!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

irishfulham

Don't forget the game at the cottage this season?? Fulham dominated the whole game and deserved to win Kamara scored his 1st goal in 88th min and Middlesbrough score 1-1 last kick of the game so for me evened out now

Whitesideup

Quote from: Andy S on January 14, 2018, 10:04:18 PM
+1

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

The worst that can happen to us is that we may be Booed the next time we go there.

B00 H00   :012: :012:
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

If we had all the luck going and benefited from poor referees decisions, and consequently got promoted because of good fortune and ugly wins.
I would not only sleep sound in my hammock, but sleep with a huge smile on my Boat Race.

Never forget your Roots.