watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stoke Name Paul Lambert As Boss.

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 15, 2018, 02:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

It could work out for Stoke rather better than our Club's machinations post Jol, and perhaps at least one eye of the Stoke owners is on a freefall drop into the Championship.  A lot will depend on what Lambert can do to turn around confidence.  Could have been better choices but also many worse ones. 

Carborundum

Lambert is one of the better managers out there.  He's experienced in managing problematic situations and doesn't like losing.  The Wolves team he brought to the Cottage last season annihilated us...and that was before Wolves spent the really big bucks.

Anyone who has managed at Blackburn in recent season is unlikely to be pressing the panic button.

MikeW

While I totally agree on the merry-go-round comments I don't think Lambert is as poor as some make out.  Carborundum's observation about Wolves last season is spot on.  He set them up very well and we were outplayed all over the pitch.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Marcel_Gecov

To say he's one of the better managers out here is OTT. He is distinctly average. He has effectively a 39% win ratio which is average for most managers. His time at Villa was boring and that his Villa team scored just 12 goals in 25 league games before his sacking proves it. If hew w2as coming to Fulham Id be disappointed, if I was Stokes fan (who went from Sanchez Flores, O'Neil and Rowett to lambert remember) I'd be fuming.

toshes mate

All managers are average until they do something special......

@jolslover

Quote from: Carborundum on January 16, 2018, 08:00:46 AM
Lambert is one of the better managers out there.  He's experienced in managing problematic situations and doesn't like losing.  The Wolves team he brought to the Cottage last season annihilated us...and that was before Wolves spent the really big bucks.

Anyone who has managed at Blackburn in recent season is unlikely to be pressing the panic button.

No it wasn't. By then Wolves had Costa and Cavaleiro who they bought for 12m and 15m, As well as Ola John, Saiss and Silvio all on big wages. Paul Lamberts stint at Wolves was on the whole a failure. He refused to play Cavaleiro and Saiss who have been 2 of Wolves best players this season because they didn't work hard enough.
STH H3

Carborundum

Quote from: @jolslover on January 16, 2018, 12:21:44 PM

No it wasn't. By then Wolves had Costa and Cavaleiro who they bought for 12m and 15m, As well as Ola John, Saiss and Silvio all on big wages. Paul Lamberts stint at Wolves was on the whole a failure. He refused to play Cavaleiro and Saiss who have been 2 of Wolves best players this season because they didn't work hard enough.
I think it was Neves, signed this summer that they paid £15m for.  Cavaliero reportedly cost £7m according to several sources via Google. No idea what the players get paid, but when a manager doesn't play someone who has high profile but doesn't work hard enough, they often go up in my estimation.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Carborundum on January 16, 2018, 01:15:23 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on January 16, 2018, 12:21:44 PM

I think it was Neves, signed this summer that they paid £15m for.  Cavaliero reportedly cost £7m according to several sources via Google. No idea what the players get paid, but when a manager doesn't play someone who has high profile but doesn't work hard enough, they often go up in my estimation.

Doesn't make him one of the better managers out there though. There's a lot of managers who don't play high profile players to their detriment.