watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

i'll take the result but...

Started by JOND999, January 15, 2018, 09:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOND999

just watched the Boro match action.  we created almost nothing and Boro had 4 or 5 easy chances they muffed or were just unlucky.  we avoided the penalty on the Kalas take-down and then Ollie got the gift. 

hey, i'll take it.  maybe we were owed one from prior, i don't know...

but we were outclassed from the opening bell on this one.  the boys need to be a lot better than that to challenge for promotion.  boro was so physically imposing.  i'm surprised they are sliding down the table.

Fernhurst

Eh???? We had 67% possession.
Physically imposing but can't play football !!

Yeah we had a bit of luck but so what?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

I hope we have some more luck on Saturday, none of these games are a push over.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all

toshes mate

Quote from: Andy S on January 16, 2018, 12:27:00 AM
If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all
+1 Very wise.....

RaySmith

In fact, 'we were born under a bad sign, we've been down since we've  begun to  crawl.'

It's results that count.

gang

Champions win when playing badly, ask Ferguson.

ffcne

Quote from: JOND999 on January 15, 2018, 09:54:31 PM
just watched the Boro match action.  we created almost nothing and Boro had 4 or 5 easy chances they muffed or were just unlucky.  we avoided the penalty on the Kalas take-down and then Ollie got the gift. 

hey, i'll take it.  maybe we were owed one from prior, i don't know...

but we were outclassed from the opening bell on this one.  the boys need to be a lot better than that to challenge for promotion.  boro was so physically imposing.  i'm surprised they are sliding down the table.
Were you there ! Outclassed rubbish.Boro settled for the draw 15 mins from the end. They had no shots on targets .And second half especially last 15 mins you sense we could win it .And how many times have we battered a side( with shots on target  and had more possession than Boro) and come away with nothing or 1 point. And watch the Kalas incident 6 and two 3's for me.Enjoy the three points still buzzing now after being there.

Lighthouse

Boro had far too many easy chances that they managed to miss. We had nothing but hopeful shots. But I am not sure we were outclassed as such. I thought we were poor in the first half. When subs and changes were made we were better. Not that much better. But better nonetheless. We all know every team has good games they lose and bad games they win. However the same problems we have had all season are still there and I await the powers that be actually getting around to solving them.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

I love these so called smash and grabs. Take them while we can, we have had it done to us often enough. All I would say is that we cannot rely on them alone, and it did highlight some shortcomings, which the club need to address ASAP as we are not the finished article. 
By all means rejoice, but the road ahead is long and winding with potholes and oil patches and nails near the kerb. What we do not need is a puncture or even worse, the wheels coming off.
Because the guy who invented the wheel is no longer around to help us, and he was probably a Fulham Supporter.
Because in those days everything was in Black and White.

⬛️⬜️⬛️⬜️⬛️⬜️⬛️⬜️⬛️⬜️⬛️⬜️⬛️⬜️⬛️⬜️⬛️⬜️⬛️⬜️⬛️⬜️⬛️⬜️⬛️⬜️⬛️⬜️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

KJS

We created more than Boro so taking 3 points was always on the cards :003: