watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So ...

Started by MikeW, January 17, 2018, 05:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

Sat here wondering what's happening.  Couple of lads have left and we've loaned an Under 23 to Cheltenham.

Walcott gone to Everton (that could be a very astute move by Sam) but what's happening at my team?

Precious little it seems.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

filham

Two weeks of the window left yet, as always we have to wait for others to make moves so that players we like become available in our affordable price range. Just hope we know who we want and are ready to pounce at the right moment and are not left high and dry forced into picking up left overs as time runs out.

FortCollinsFulham

And we're not even in on the Alexis Sanchez talk. Where's the ambition!?  :022:  :dft012:
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

Fulham76

Quote from: MikeW on January 17, 2018, 05:44:17 PM
Sat here wondering what's happening.  Couple of lads have left and we've loaned an Under 23 to Cheltenham.

Walcott gone to Everton (that could be a very astute move by Sam) but what's happening at my team?

Precious little it seems.

SJ has come out publicly & said the club disagree with him & most fans & don't think we need to sign anyone. Therefore, we won't be signing anyone. No early business, no Gayle, nothing happening.

Maybe towards the very end of the month they'll be a lower league European player brought in on loan but other than that, can't see anything interesting happening.

davew

You will be surprised at what is going on behind the scenes! Our owner has seen the light, realised his mistakes from last season and the missed chance of promotion, surely he will not make the same mistake this season, will he?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham76

Quote from: davew on January 17, 2018, 07:58:47 PM
You will be surprised at what is going on behind the scenes! Our owner has seen the light, realised his mistakes from last season and the missed chance of promotion, surely he will not make the same mistake this season, will he?

I'd be surprised if anything was going on behind the scenes in terms of recruitment to be honest.

I'd love someone to be able to throw this post back in my face come Feb 1st but very unlikely they'll have the chance.

No doubt our top recruitment team will be patting themselves on the back at what a superb job they've done when an unknown player arrives on deadline day, but bringing in decent quality in the positions we've been crying out for, for 2-3 years??? Not gonna happen!

Whitesideup

But it still doesn't mean we should go out and waste money on players who are going to make no difference to our performance ... I think we did enough of that last summer!

Fulham76

Quote from: Whitesideup on January 17, 2018, 09:21:02 PM
But it still doesn't mean we should go out and waste money on players who are going to make no difference to our performance ... I think we did enough of that last summer!

That's our recruitment team for you.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes he has been making the same mistakes and errors of judgement for the last five years, it's in his DNA.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 17, 2018, 09:36:18 PM

Yes he has been making the same mistakes and errors of judgement for the last five years, it's in his DNA.
Is that American for CV?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on January 17, 2018, 09:51:04 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 17, 2018, 09:36:18 PM

Is that American for CV?

Its American for " it sucks ".

Never forget your Roots.

The Old Count

If my memory serves, when Roy H arrived the side badly needed a tall effective central defender - Along came Hangerland early in the window.  We needed a striker to at least see us through 'till Mc God recovered from injury - Along came Eric Nevland early in the window.  We also needed a goalkeeper and Roy lined up Keller who came a bit later.  The rest is history.

If only we knew which positions we needed to fill we could have had them lined up early this time. Oh I forgot - we've all known what's been required for ages now. So does Slav. Unfortunately our owners seem to disagree.

Result - nothing's going to happen this January.

Chutney

The recruitment team think the squad is good enough already, SJ came out and told us this publicly.
C O Y W

Twig

So most of us agree, nothing of note is going to happen.

Woolly Mammoth

The recruitment team should be scrapped and replaced, they are a Carbuncle on the backside of this club.

Never forget your Roots.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 18, 2018, 01:21:24 PM
The recruitment team should be scrapped and replaced, they are a Carbuncle on the backside of this club.
Quite so Woolly.
When you look at all the football men at our club coaching at various age levels, not to mention those with the 1st team, and you think that such important decisions are being made by people with virtually no football experience it beggars belief.
If Darren Ferguson was our manager he would have some new targets in his gun sights.