more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham stadium expansion plan includes new river walk and 4,000 more seats

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 18, 2018, 06:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Quote from: Ged on January 19, 2018, 01:57:44 PM
Pensioner Jane Swithinbank, who has walked the 215-mile river from its source, said: "This is a very quiet and beautiful stretch. I'm appalled
Firstly the Thames path is only 184 miles long i know I've walked it and this must be quite a noisy part compared with the rest of the Thames which for 90% is through open country side                             
Yes its beautiful and we are opening it up for other people to enjoy on non match days. She doesn't know what shes talking about people like her moan for the sake of it

I don't see how anyone could argue that the walk will be any less pleasant/more unpleasant than it is at present and surely opening up the path can only speed walkers by it if they don't like it. Besides, much of what follows downstream is built up as well, much of it hideously so.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

paulbrookersmazydribbles

The public consultation on the Riverside Stand closes today. If you'd like to do something practical this afternoon, you can support the plans by adding a comment here:

http://public-access.lbhf.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=P0ADRMBIJRA00

Even if you don't live in Hammersmith and Fulham, the Council is obliged to take note of your comments.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on January 19, 2018, 03:38:26 PM
The public consultation on the Riverside Stand closes today. If you'd like to do something practical this afternoon, you can support the plans by adding a comment here:

http://public-access.lbhf.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=P0ADRMBIJRA00

Even if you don't live in Hammersmith and Fulham, the Council is obliged to take note of your comments.
I'm amazed how few people appear to have commented, either way.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Baszab

Twig

Quote from: Riversider on January 19, 2018, 11:48:31 AM
No objections at the time of the public exhibition but yet all of a sudden objections suddenly appear now, why ?
If I was going to be ultra cynical (which I wont) I might say (which I wont) that a further delay only suits one person !
I'm sure everything will turn out ok and work will commence in 5 months time , but I wouldn't want to bet my house on it, would you ?

I hardly think the club are going round asking local residents to object. That idea is not ultra cynical it's paranoid conspiracy theory.  I'm as concerned as the next person to see our Chairman commit unreservedly to our club and I would not bet on a start to the works in 5 months but I will wait and see with an open mind.

Twig

Quote from: Baszab on January 19, 2018, 04:22:22 PM
It's never going to be built anyway

Will you publicly apologise and eat humble pie if proved wrong Bas?

Twig

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 19, 2018, 04:04:06 PM
Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on January 19, 2018, 03:38:26 PM

I'm amazed how few people appear to have commented, either way.

I have now entered a comment in support.

MikeW

Toshes Mate;  Seem to have a foot in both camp's old son?  Anything you want to tell us?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

DevonFFC

I'd much prefer the flats to be more corporate and bar space for fans and the corners to be filled in with extra seats as 3900 is hardly the biggest jump in capacity

Twig

Quote from: Baszab on January 19, 2018, 04:54:37 PM
Apology will be grovelling

Well given that I want the damned thing built then I look forward to your grovel.  (But I'm not holding my breath!).

toshes mate

Quote from: MikeW on January 19, 2018, 05:05:37 PM
Toshes Mate;  Seem to have a foot in both camp's old son?  Anything you want to tell us?

Funny you should notice that.....

But, I am a Fulham lad born and bred and lived for my teen years five minutes from the ground.  I have lots of friends in the area from childhood, from marriage, and from work I have done in the area.  My best mate in my younger years lived in Doneraile Street and was a Fulham supporter and we played football in Bishops Park as often as we could with a bunch of others.  We also met up with friends at the cafe and outdoor theatre there in the evening.  And so, consequently. I know quite a few people from the area who are not Fulham supporters and have views about the ground - both good and bad.  My father was a surveyor involved in planning and in my schooldays I used to help him in the evenings which gave me an insight into how planning works: although planning has changed in the last several years the tenets that hold it together are still, barely, in place and so Councils remain answerable for mistakes (as the recent disaster in Notting Hill may yet reveal). 

I have publicly stated that I am underwhelmed by the new plan and still believe its most redeeming feature was the walkway.  Personally I think Fulham have missed a trick with that, but that is just my opinion.  I have no interest in the planning phase as it stands simply because I cannot get excited about the plan as it stands.  Simple as that.

Riversider

How many season ticket holders do we have in The Riverside Stand ? 2000 Higher, Lower ?
Personally I hold 3 season tickets there,
It's going to be a logistical nightmare to rehouse us all , people will want a similar view, they will want to stay close to family and friends etc etc , as I say an absolute nightmare !!!
And it's going to take a lot of time and effort, the day the club email me and ask me whether or not I have a preference as to which stand I would want to be rehoused in then, and only then, will I think "you know what, this is really going to happen"
But here we are at the end of January and still no contact !
Any type of delay in March , even if it's only for 1 week and the rhetoric will turn to 2019.
Would much prefer we moved back to QPR and we got The Riverside, Hammersmith End and The Putney End all done at the same time, then we can all move on with our lives and never have to be concerned with redevelopment works again.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Quote from: Riversider on January 20, 2018, 01:34:46 AM
How many season ticket holders do we have in The Riverside Stand ? 2000 Higher, Lower ?
It's going to be a logistical nightmare to rehouse us all , people will want a similar view, they will want to stay close to family and friends etc etc , as I say an absolute nightmare !!!
And it's going to take a lot of time and effort, the day the club email me and ask me whether or not I have a preference as to which stand I would want to be rehoused in then, and only then, will I think "you know what, this is really going to happen"
Any type of delay in March , even if it's only for 1 week and the rhetoric will turn to 2019.
Would much prefer we moved back to QPR and we got The Riverside, Hammersmith End and The Putney End all done at the same time, then we can all move on with our lives and never have to be concerned with redevelopment works again.

The last time Fulham moved to Queens Park Rangers we very nearly never came back. Be very grateful what you wish for.

Fulham Joe

For what it's worth, I think it looks like a bit of a monstrosity compared to the old plans.

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on January 20, 2018, 01:34:46 AM
I can say that moving fans to other parts of the ground and options available to them is already being discussed. We spent some time at last FST meeting with club on this subject and we welcome any ideas or comments on this. If you have e any ideas you want to put forward  pm over to me or send them to [email protected] and we can include them in the working group we are part of.
Just the views of a long term fan

SG

I'm with Bas on this and don't see it being built. My apology will also be public and fulsome if/when it is built. As a ST in this stand I assume we will be moved in the main to the Putney end with the tickets available to visiting teams severely reduced. Whatever the plans the view we currently enjoy will not be as good wherever we are placed. No doubt also when moved back the price will increase significantly- if it is built!
I wouldn't be surprised if our home form deserts us during the time there is no stand down one side of the ground. It will be strange playing in half a stadium

Baszab

To be NIMBY about my seat, I hope it isn't built - I like my seat had it for many many years and don't want change
Don't see the benefit at this moment in time - if we we're thriving Premier club then it's worth it

Who moved my cheese ?

Riversider

Quote from: Baszab on January 20, 2018, 01:00:52 PM
To be NIMBY about my seat, I hope it isn't built - I like my seat had it for many many years and don't want change
Don't see the benefit at this moment in time - if we we're thriving Premier club then it's worth it

Who moved my cheese ?

I'm almost in a similar position as you, though I do respect the fact that The Riverside Stand is now barely fit for purpose and needs significant money spent on it,
But I will say this in my best Nimby voice, it's taken me a life time to work my way along the row to get myself an aisle seat and would love some reassurance from the Club and the FST that when we return to the newly redeveloped Riverside Stand that those of us with an aisle seat have first option to purchase another.

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on January 22, 2018, 11:18:37 AM
Quote from: Baszab on January 20, 2018, 01:00:52 PM

Who moved my cheese ?

I'm almost in a similar position as you, though I do respect the fact that The Riverside Stand is now barely fit for purpose and needs significant money spent on it,
But I will say this in my best Nimby voice, it's taken me a life time to work my way along the row to get myself an aisle seat and would love some reassurance from the Club and the FST that when we return to the newly redeveloped Riverside Stand that those of us with an aisle seat have first option to purchase another.
Certainly too early to promise anything like an aisle seat, but there will be something out later this week that talks about club and FST working on this subject. There are lots of ideas and comments about how this can all be handled and its all up for discussion.
Just the views of a long term fan