News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How does our current dominance play out in regards to potential transfers...

Started by jayffc, January 20, 2018, 05:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

First off, brilliant today. Just sensational from us, yes they are a poor team but we played them off the park and 6-0 against anyone is fantastic.

Not to bring the mood down, but I gotta say I am slightly worried now that this will further seal the idea that we don't need reinforcements from the board. The danger there being that we have had a nice run of games against poor teams... As we all know next month his a very different proposition and to compete until the end I really hope we still bring in a potential starting CB (instead of Kalas who though we kept a clean sheet today,again was the iffy-er of the CB paring)...I actually rate Odoi and am glad he's come into the side more regularly at LB - especially as it pushes Sess upfield where he belongs, So in that respect, unless we can bring in some real quality there with blistering pace... I'm not desperately worried about it.

Then CF...lets remind ourselves that whilst both ours had a great game today, and Fonte seems to be finding some confidence to go with his hard work recently... We've been saying we could do with one more in....but will the board sanction another big money striker when we're finding form and are 2nd highest scorers in the league.

Interesting to see, let's hope they aren't so short-sighted as to risk not strenghtening. Tough to rock the boat after a win like today, I mean who do you drop (for me, Kalas would be the only one)

Anyway, will be an interesting end to the month. Luckily we don't actually need reinforcements immediately in terms of being able to challenge Barnsley or Nottingham but beyond that let's hope we can strengthen enough to dream of pushing for an automatic place (8points!)

A fantastic couple of months...onwards and upwards!

BestOfBrede

I'm not sure Cardiff, Ipswich and Middlesboro are that poor to be honest?

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 20, 2018, 05:41:50 PM
I'm not sure Cardiff, Ipswich and Middlesboro are that poor to be honest?

I'd say that Cardiff and Boro are quite good teams, and Ipswich can beat anyone on their day. We need to strengthen in LB and CB, CF (as I said previously) I think we can forgo but would be nice so long as we don't break the bank and instead use that money to permenantly purchase Piazon
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Whitesideup

I thought Kalas was good today, and would not have called him "iffier".

filham

A couple of injuries to back four players and we are in trouble, that big strong ugly centre back is a priority if we are to make a promotion challenge.

MrFFC

I'm not as fussed on a striker coming in as I have faith in Kamara & Ayite & hopefully Fonte has turned a corner but we simply need a LB & CB minimum. A championship experienced CB is needed for the run in who can challenge Kalas for his place. Send Soares back bring in Matt Targett as we need Sessegnon LM
Come on you Whites!! :)