watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Purchase Piazon, Kalas, and Norwood

Started by ChesterTheTabby, January 20, 2018, 06:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

I think we really need to focus on purchasing Piazon, Kalas, and Norwood on permenant deals (along with ensuring we resign Fredericks). All this chit chat of needing new blood, but how's about we ensure that we keep our proven players as well. :dft012: 051
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

fulhamfever

Piazon will cost between 8 and 12 Million

Jonaldiniho 88

If we are still in this league next year i agree with all three. If we get promoted id definitely sign piazon. Probably sign kalas and think we could do better than norwood.

e4b

Although it goes against the grain have to agree with Jonaldiniho

alfie

No matter how well Piazon/Kalas play for Fulham, i cannot see them getting into the Chelsea team, so they may as well stay here.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MikeW

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Twig

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on January 20, 2018, 07:05:39 PM
If we are still in this league next year i agree with all three. If we get promoted id definitely sign piazon. Probably sign kalas and think we could do better than norwood.

I agree with this

Andy S

I agree with Alfie. I don't hear about Preier league clubs hammering on the door wanting to take these players so yes I would try and sign them soon

MrFFC

I like Piazon very talented player. Kalas & Norwood are good championship level players not sure if they are a Premier League level. Kalas possibly could make it
Come on you Whites!! :)

rubbernecca

Asotosyios

Quote from: fulhamfever on January 20, 2018, 07:04:27 PM

Where is this coming from? I would expect to pay that for both of them.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: maoconnor on January 20, 2018, 06:59:33 PM
I think we really need to focus on purchasing Piazon, Kalas, and Norwood on permenant deals (along with ensuring we resign Fredericks). All this chit chat of needing new blood, but how's about we ensure that we keep our proven players as well. :dft012: 051

Piazon, yes. Norwood, maybe depending on cost. Kalas, no thank you.

filham

To date these players have done a job for us but whetheror not they would be good enough for the Premiership is questionable.
Last summer Chelsea showed that they wanted big money for Kalas, more than he was worth.
No way should we give in to Chelsea's high demands. If we have premiership status there will be other centre halves of quality for us to choose from.

cmg

Quote from: fulhamfever on January 20, 2018, 07:04:27 PM

Seems a bit high - but who knows these days?
Piazon is a little example of the advantages and problems of being a Chelsea 'wonder kid'. He originally reportedly cost between £5 and £7million. A Brazil junior international, the world was his lobster. Since then he has been shunted around Europe and every time he seems to have moved up the Chelsea pecking order they make a big name signing (Dzeko on his way today) or an even younger 'wonder kid'. Year by year he ends up even further down the pecking order and another year older. Right now he stands more chance of making the PL with us than he does with Chelsea.
A permanent move would seem to suit all parties (he seems happy with us). Although Chelsea are not renowned for doing anybody favours, they might well be happy to get their money back.

Steven Ageroad

If Norwood is that good why did Brighton loan him out when they got into the premiership?!

He had a good game Saturday but blows hot and cold most games. Takes a great penalty though.

Facts Not Fiction

Piazon, yes. Adds something different to our attack. Great technically, in another league to all our other wingers (bar Sess). Plus, seems committed to the club.

Norwood, yes. He blows hot and cold, but is a very useful squad player, and takes a good penalty.

Kalas, no. Not physical enough and not good enough on the ball. Need a CB with a dominance in one of these attributes. Ream needs a physical partner next to him, and Kalas would cost to much to be a squad player.

grandad

Quote from: alfie on January 20, 2018, 08:45:13 PM
No matter how well Piazon/Kalas play for Fulham, i cannot see them getting into the Chelsea team, so they may as well stay here.

:plus one:
This is their financial plan. They acquire hoards of young players, loan them out & then sell those that make the grade. The money made goes to acquire top players for £50 mil plus. Piazon & Kalas are just pawns in the plan of things. They will never feature for the 1st team squad.
Where there's a will there's a wife

toshes mate

Fulham have most certainly invested time and effort into developing Piazon and Kalas into better players than their history suggests from previous loans.  Norwood has had a few clubs too and who is not to say  he is better now than he was at any of them?  The argument is how much better can they each get.  I am uncertain we have seen the best of any of them yet and look forward to a better appraisal when they next look for opportunity to display their wares on a more permanent basis.  They all have desirable skills and attributes.   

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: toshes mate on January 22, 2018, 08:05:44 PM
Fulham have most certainly invested time and effort into developing Piazon and Kalas into better players than their history suggests from previous loans.  Norwood has had a few clubs too and who is not to say  he is better now than he was at any of them?  The argument is how much better can they each get.  I am uncertain we have seen the best of any of them yet and look forward to a better appraisal when they next look for opportunity to display their wares on a more permanent basis.  They all have desirable skills and attributes.   

But will the club be willing to take the gamble, bearing the rewards on offer, if we make it to the premiership?
I think only Joka knows.

Milo

Thought Norwood ran the game. Different class at times with first touch balls out to the wing... perfectly weighted... honestly remarkable he's here on loan. I think he could keep Cairney out the side .. and indeed I reckon SJ is quietly happy TC has a knock to make the decision for him!