watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window - Do nothing !

Started by Robbie, January 20, 2018, 09:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Today demonstrated to me that we have the squad to get promoted.
Bringing in, say, Gayle, would massively undermine this squad and send all the wrong signals.
Let our Boys do their stuff !

COYWs

Jimsbeerbelly

Lets not eh,

Let's not let a 6-0 win, over the worst team in the Championship, blinker the fact, that this squad still needs strenthinging, if we want promotion.

I feared this would happen, I just hope it doesn't filter down to Kahn & Co.

Still need a LB, CB and prolific striker.

VicHalomsLovechild

You also have to consider if we did get promoted. Would this team be good enough to stay in the Premier. Strengthen now. Don't leave it till the summer window. Competition for places must be seen as a good thing, a motivator to do better.

@jolslover

Fair, I sort of agree and sort of don't. Our squad now is good enough to get us in the top 6 come end of season imo. Realistically no matter who we bring in top 2 is out of reach.
Most people would say we need a CB,LB and ST. I don't really think we NEED any of these 3 positions. However it IS possible to upgrade IF the right player becomes available
STH H3

S.F.Sorrow

It was a great result against a very poor team. This does not change the fact that we are in trouble if more than ONE of our defensive players are injured or suspended. We still need a CB an a LB.

Fonte was excellent today but he has still only scored 3 goals in 22 matches. Two of them against the weakest defense in the league. They have conceded 52 goals this season! I still think we need a new striker but CB and LB must be the priority.

gezkc

Quote from: @jolslover on January 20, 2018, 10:14:42 PM
Fair, I sort of agree and sort of don't. Our squad now is good enough to get us in the top 6 come end of season imo. Realistically no matter who we bring in top 2 is out of reach.
Most people would say we need a CB,LB and ST. I don't really think we NEED any of these 3 positions. However it IS possible to upgrade IF the right player becomes available

First place may be out of reach, but 2nd place is certainly still achievable. It's got to be worth pushing for that with a couple of additions this window?

jeremyfulham

2nd place is acheivable but we would need strengthening in my view, Spend now not big but give us added strength at LB CB and probably forward  . Don't want to rely on ref's not getting it right in a play off match do it automatically boys ! COYW

Scrumpy

Bearing in mind it seems to take some players several months to get 'up to speed', I reckon we can sign a couple and just spend the next few months getting them up to the level where they can displace one of the first team. SJ won't let it upset the team. If you're not busting a gut in training, showing exquisite passing in matches, then you won't get a look in under this boss.

A sign of a good team is to strengthen at every opportunity and we should do this if the right players are available.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

gang

One swallow doth not a summer make.

toshes mate

When things are at their brightest is the time to consider how much brighter they could be with a little extra investment of effort....

Andy S

I think we do need to spend if the right player becomes available. These should be people we can improve as our coaching staff are excellent at doing that

Baszab

Desperately lacking cover - but how to attract "cover" if you know you are only going to be "cover"

Brilliant yesterday..........but Burton were truly the worst Championship team I have ever seen - how could we have lost to them away ?!!
They were literally 2 divisions out of it

Woolly Mammoth

If we do not strengthen this month with ten days to go.
Failure to achieve this will leave us open to a big fall and more heartache, and who knows what other ills will befall us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Fergie never sat on his laurels,that's why he was a success,got rid of top players because he knew he could still get better...We need to buy simple as that,nothing has changed because we beat a poor side yesterday.

filham

Yesterday was terrific but also remember we have taken sixteen points from the last six matches , that is promotion form in any ones book.
Our window priorities now have to be to ensure that we keep our squad together for the rest of the season and see off preditors for the likes of Sess., Cairney, McDonald, Fredericks etc.

No need to panic buy for a striker, if a good one becomes available at a sensible price then consider it carefully. Our back four is looking good right now but an injury and we could be in trouble, there must be someone out there for us at not to heavy a cost.

MrFFC

I agree we don't need loads of signings this window at full strength we have a very strong side with exciting players like De La Torre & Edun coming through for games. I do believe we need a Cb with some championship experience & a LB maybe Targett on loan if Soares returns to Porto. I would be happy with just them 2 positions as Kamara Fonte Ayite are more than capable of scoring goals at the other end
Come on you Whites!! :)

WolverineFFC

Quote from: MrFFC on January 21, 2018, 09:43:01 PM
I agree we don't need loads of signings this window at full strength we have a very strong side with exciting players like De La Torre & Edun coming through for games. I do believe we need a Cb with some championship experience & a LB maybe Targett on loan if Soares returns to Porto. I would be happy with just them 2 positions as Kamara Fonte Ayite are more than capable of scoring goals at the other end

Agree with this. Think the club would be in trouble if any of the starting back 4 went missing with an injury for a month or two. Need a competent fullback and CB as cover for the 2nd half. If they are good enough to compete with Kalas or Odoi and take their spot, great. Otherwise they would provide the depth the club needs in the back.

General

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on January 20, 2018, 09:52:48 PM
Lets not eh,

Let's not let a 6-0 win, over the worst team in the Championship, blinker the fact, that this squad still needs strenthinging, if we want promotion.

I feared this would happen, I just hope it doesn't filter down to Kahn & Co.

Still need a LB, CB and prolific striker.

They may be the worst team by position in the league but let's be objective for a minute.. when we played them their form was equal to midtable and there were a good 10 teams with worse form, including cardiff and another team (who's name escapes me at the moment) in the top six.. a teams form means just as much arguably as their present position in the league at the midway point of the season... if you don't agree.. look at the form we had towards the end of the great escape and what that counted for despite our position for most of the season. They're not that far off being out of relegation places by points.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 22, 2018, 02:40:42 AM
The League Table never lies.
Still possible for both Burton and ourselves to finish in 12th position, would that not mean the league table had not been missleading at some stage of the season.