Porthogs FC

GK - Betts, Butts
LB - odoi
CB - Ream, Kalas, Djalo
RB - Fredericks, S. Sess
CM - Cairney, Johan, McD, Norwood, Cisse, Edun
Wingers - Ayite, Kebano, Sess, Piazon, Ojo, Mollo, De la Torre
CF - Fonte, Kamara

Anyone think we might trim Mollo, Cisse to bring in an LB that can double as RB and CB? To have 6 Wingers available is overkill. It actually looks like a purchase only makes sense at LB/RB as Odoi is good at CB. other cover is perhaps not necessary unless we think 2nd place is reasonable.

Realise its not a big squad, but 5 of those wingers are all starting 18 material when healthy. Buying another Striker might not be the answer unless a winger is moved/ sent back.

FulhamStu

Completely agree and Ayité can play CF at a push.  We need another CB and LWB

toshes mate

I'd welcome one or two utility defenders who, like Odoi, can play anywhere across the back four or give us a back three option too.   

gerrys

Woolly Mammoth

We must not fall into the trap of playing square pegs in round holes.
That will achieve nothing but heartache. Orthodox LB. CB and Striker.
We will not be playing Burton Albion again this season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Madle and Siggurdssson have now left, our priority is a replacement centre half who should be of egual or better standard than Kalas. Jocanovic will want him to be good on the ball while I would like to see him dominant in the air and able to chip in with a few goals.

@jolslover

Quote from: filham on January 21, 2018, 12:30:17 PM
Madle and Siggurdssson have now left, our priority is a replacement centre half who should be of egual or better standard than Kalas. Jocanovic will want him to be good on the ball while I would like to see him dominant in the air and able to chip in with a few goals.

Good luck finding a CB of equal standard to Kalas that is quick and good on the ball. These are necessities to play in our system. A CB with these qualities and equal to Kalas ability will cost 10m+
STH H3

Joseffc

When you take into consideration that neither Djalo, Mollo or Cisse seem to be fancied or trusted, it shows that our squad lacks depth and as said previously fitting square pegs into round holes isn't the answer.

EastEndWhite

Porthogs FC

All good points - my main view here was that we should cover where we're thinking. An injury to one of. Our starting back 4 would be so much more detrimental then an injury to our front line (as we can see with both Ayiteand OJo out). We just have no covering quality available in the back 4. LWB and CB for me.

Bassey the warrior

We'd be foolhardy not to strengthen at left back, centre back and up front and in that order. We lack strength in depth in those positions and are just an injury or two away from being too weak for top 6.

MrFFC

Highlights the need for a LB & a CB for me. Striker would be an added bonus
Come on you Whites!! :)