watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kamara'goal

Started by res, January 21, 2018, 09:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

res

Did all the things he couldn't do at the beginning of the season...read the pass, ran into space, controlled the ball at pace, and finessed the finish rather than lashing and hoping. Beginning of a finished product?

bill taylors apprentice

I think he can only get better.

He may always be a bit of a blunt instrument of a player but who says that can't be effective?

jeremyfulham

Loved his little dink pass to Cairney in the build up then turned and ran where he Knew Cairney would put it , I think he could be our secret weapon !

toshes mate

I do believe success is infectious.  Kamara looks like he is just beginning to enjoy himself and believe in the team he is playing for.  He will get better especially as competition for starts hots up.

Slaphead in Qatar

Very happy for him - this was a great goal especially the finish. He's scoring regularly now.

hovewhite

Think the kid is learning and getting help from the coaches at the club as his first touch as really improved which is helping him aviod the attentions of opposing defenders.well done AK

Woolly Mammoth

His technique and execution of the goal was top draw.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: jeremyfulham on January 21, 2018, 09:58:29 AM
Loved his little dink pass to Cairney in the build up then turned and ran where he Knew Cairney would put it , I think he could be our secret weapon !
His performances in recent weeks will have put him on the danger lists in a number of manager's notebooks, not must chance of keeping him as a secret weapon.

Andyb

i noticed when he scored he eventually ran over to our subs bench, also rui did it i believe. Anyone know why?

cmg

Quote from: Andyb on January 21, 2018, 12:46:13 PM
i noticed when he scored he eventually ran over to our subs bench, also rui did it i believe. Anyone know why?

Check if their wallets were still in their trakkie pockets?

snarks

Kebano and Kamera seem o be good friends, possibly with Fonte too

SG

He took his gloves off

MJG

Amazing he was picked by stats eh?
Just the views of a long term fan

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Carborundum

Quote from: Statto on January 21, 2018, 07:05:21 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 21, 2018, 06:39:54 PM

cheap shot
let's be honest, yesterday he showed a glimpse of finesse, i hope it's a sign of things to come, but unless/until he shows that consistently, i'd bet most people on here could identify a striker at least as good available for the £5-6m we paid for him
even a stopped clock tells the right time twice per day
I'm not sure I could identify one who can play a role now with as much potential to improve for that money.  He's producing on the pitch. But most of all, I just enjoy watching him.  He does what I want a striker to do.  Fifteen minutes, two great chances getting me out of my seat.  Whole-hearted player. 

colinwhite

Great goal. But it was the intelligent running of Fonte and piazon that opened up Burton in a way that i dont think Pace,blood and guts would have done. Slavisa found his `solution`to teams  sitting deep and defending for their lives . Intelligent running and intermovement ,along with quick combination play in and around the opponents box,exploiting wide areas one on one and last but not least getting lots of players in the box when crossing from the byline.
Team play is what Jokanovic holds in highest esteem,both in attack and defence from all his players. These are the aspects of the game that kamara must improve on even if has so far made great strides compared with the start of the season.

MJG

cheap shot
let's be honest, yesterday he showed a glimpse of finesse, i hope it's a sign of things to come, but unless/until he shows that consistently, i'd bet most people on here could identify a striker at least as good available for the £5-6m we paid for him
Absolutly is a cheap shot, but that does not stop many on here forever having a go at the signings we have made. Im sure if we dug out an early thread about him it would be nothing but shots at how he was signed.
Just the views of a long term fan

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: MJG on January 21, 2018, 07:38:54 PM

cheap shot
Absolutly is a cheap shot, but that does not stop many on here forever having a go at the signings we have made. Im sure if we dug out an early thread about him it would be nothing but shots at how he was signed.

I agree, if you are big enough to dish it out then you are big enough to take it. I'm pretty certain that If he was at another championship club and was suggested as a transfer option , people would say he would be a good move.

Scrumpy

Quote from: MJG on January 21, 2018, 07:38:54 PM

cheap shot
Including me. I absolutely wrote this guy off after seeing him play around 270 minutes. I honestly didn't feel you could coach the things he lacked, such as trapping a ball, a football 'brain', just all round technical ability. I am really, really pleased that he is proving me wrong. The beauty of it is that he is still young and could develop into an incredible player. He is certainly the best athlete I have ever seen at Fulham. Has anyone been that size AND that quick? As a defender, he is surely the last guy you are going to want to mark. He has already developed into a Championship level striker. But if he keeps on going, then who knows where he will stop?

We are quick enough to criticise 'stats' signings, so they should also get credit when it is due. He looked hopeless to begin with but he is looking more and more like a shrewd investment now.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

HatterDon

Don't minimize it. Momentum is everything for a striker. The fact that Fonte and AK47 both hit lethal mode in the same match has done wonders for their and our confidence. If TC can be fully match fit by mid-February, things could get very interesting for us. Those above us, I am sure, have noticed.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel