watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Atmosphere

Started by alfie, January 21, 2018, 08:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Burton supporters sang the same song for an absolute age. Even z block in Riverside all seemed to join in with "come on Fulham" I sit just over halfway up Putney stand was not much coming from there, but just couldn't hear a thing from Hammersmith. A Burton supporter commented to me that for home support it was bad, I explained that if you were in the Hammersmith some times it is deafening, but unfortunately it just does not carry out from stand.
He thought that was funny.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

I have to be brutally honest. I don't know what to say in defence of our support in terms of noise. It's never been the most raucous. But I cannot remember it being this quiet at home, or has my memory deserted me.
I am not including our die hard away supporters who travel to the four corners of England in good voice.
But at home apart from the hard core at the Hammy end and pockets in the Johnny Haynes stand, and a tiny minority in the Riverside, the noise has gone from a Library to a morgue.
The neutral section at the Putney end does not help, we almost roll the red carpet out for opponents. No wonder they enjoy visiting the Cottage, and the club do not do enough or anything to address this.
I cannot see it improving, it is what it is, it's just another form of Fulhamish.
It's just that if I was a player, I would not be impressed with the lightweight support in the vocal sense, we are just too civilised for our own good, or maybe the players understand and accept this. I don't know what they think.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Burt

Thought things were a bit quiet yesterday, and I sit / stand toward the rear / middle of the Hammersmith End. The fact that the team were attacking the Putney End in the second half didn't help matters...

rubbernecca

Hedge fund managers, CEOs, tycoons, Oligarchs, made men, upper management, and all those aspiring to as much can't be seen to be making noise. Pathetic.

terryr

I sat in the Hammersmith end  ( row G) and it was pretty loud.
I took 7 American colleagues and they really loved the atmosphere despite getting pretty soaked.
Six goals didn't hurt....
Couldn't hear Burton at all though there wasn't many of them.
The acoustics are terrible at the cottage

ffc73

Quote from: Burt on January 21, 2018, 09:19:02 PM
Thought things were a bit quiet yesterday, and I sit / stand toward the rear / middle of the Hammersmith End. The fact that the team were attacking the Putney End in the second half didn't help matters...

I thought we were quiet. Tense in the first half. Fear of not being able to break them down & or conceding. Two late first half goals

Second half. Game won. Kicking towards Putney & again late goals that only happened because subs came on & injected life into a done and dusted game

HamsterWheel

Think people were just enjoying the football rather than feeling they needed to shout the team to success.
i found it difficult to get that excited though, as Burton were just so bad. Half the time they didn't even bother challenging for the ball. No surprise they'll be back to League One next season.

Carborundum

Quote from: TerryR on January 22, 2018, 06:07:16 AM

The acoustics are terrible at the cottage
This.  Didn't hear the Burton fans, much from the Hammy End or anything from the Riverside (nothing new). Back of the JH stand in reasonable voice, but doubtful any other stand would of heard it.   Mostly what I heard in the second half was the sound of my own teeth chattering.

Slaphead in Qatar

We could do with a drummer like c palace.

WokinghamWhite

Like others, I never heard a peep from the Burton supporters. I'm sure they made some noise but it didn't carry to section T in the Riverside. However I did feel a bit of empathy for them - come all that way just to watch your team get a pasting.

grandad

I am amazed how many of our "singers" actually have their backs to the game. I was never a singer myself as I preferred to watch the game.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Southcoastffc

Quote from: WokinghamWhite on January 22, 2018, 11:23:48 AM
Like others, I never heard a peep from the Burton supporters. I'm sure they made some noise but it didn't carry to section T in the Riverside. However I did feel a bit of empathy for them - come all that way just to watch your team get a pasting.

Eh?   I'm deaf in one ear and I could hear them from my seat in the Hammy End.  They mainly sang/chanted "We're Burton Albion, we'll sing on our own" "Albion, Albion" and "Brewers, Brewers"  Were you snoozing?   :005:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Fulham1959

Doubtless has been mentioned before, but . . .

Why don't they have microphones in the Hammy End and then broadcast the noise around the ground on a dedicated system ?

Tabby

Quote from: Fulham1959 on January 22, 2018, 12:17:43 PM

Why don't they have microphones in the Hammy End and then broadcast the noise around the ground on a dedicated system ?

Because that would just be kind of sad.

WokinghamWhite

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 22, 2018, 12:02:29 PM
Quote from: WokinghamWhite on January 22, 2018, 11:23:48 AM

Eh?   I'm deaf in one ear and I could hear them from my seat in the Hammy End.  They mainly sang/chanted "We're Burton Albion, we'll sing on our own" "Albion, Albion" and "Brewers, Brewers"  Were you snoozing?   :005:
Blimey! Maybe I need my ears syringing.... again.

Slaphead in Qatar

Kind of defeats the objective a bit.........

Andy S

Everyone supports in their own way. I could hear plenty of singing a good atmosphere I thought Come of Fulham! And the song about Mo that people have been complaining about all over the weekend

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Tabby on January 22, 2018, 12:20:16 PM

Because that would just be kind of sad.

As would be having a drummer.

alfie

Please don't get me wrong, I was not saying nothing was happening in H/end, but outside of the stand you would not know it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Fulham1959

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 22, 2018, 03:07:44 PM

Kind of defeats the objective a bit.........

But why ?  The noise is there, apparently, but it is being 'contained' because of the acoustic properties of that stand.