more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (22/01/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 22, 2018, 07:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Tottenham Hotspur fans react to Ryan Sessegnon's performance

Tottenham Hotspur fans are worried that Ryan Sessegnon just added to his ever-increasing value.

Reported Tottenham Hotspur target Ryan Sessegnon was at it again on Saturday.

The Fulham starlet, 17, scored twice in the 6-0 demolition of Burton Albion to make it seven goals in his last 12 Championship games - and nine overall this season.

It was only two months ago that the promising left-back scored a hat-trick in a feat which undoubtedly added to his value, which is bad news for Tottenham.

Prior to that, The Express reported Spurs would have to pay around £50 million for him.

But Tottenham fans on Twitter believe that his value is only going to get bigger and bigger until chairman Daniel Levy steps in and signs him.

Tottenham fans are right in thinking that he's only going to get a lot more expensive, but at the same time, it's not an easy deal to complete for Levy because Fulham are holding all the cards.

The Craven Cottage club signed him up to a new deal in August which keeps him at the Championship side until 2020.

You can understand the frustration from Spurs fans, especially with Liverpool in the mix, but signing a player that talented - especially in January, with Fulham only a point behind the Premier League playoff places - is far easier said than done.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/21/tottenham-hotspur-fans-react-to-ryan-sessegnons-performance/

WhiteJC

Liverpool fans urge club to sign Ryan Sessegnon after latest Fulham display

In-demand Fulham star Ryan Sessegnon scored twice in his side's 6-0 win against Burton Albion at Craven Cottage on Saturday, and Liverpool fans have urged their club to sign the young talent, who could cost £50m according to The Times.

Despite his tender years the left-sided player – who can play on the wing or as a full-back – has already played more than 60 matches for the Cottagers, and his brace against the Brewers took his tally for the season to nine in 28 Championship appearances, also providing a further four assists.

The Reds currently have Andrew Robertson and Alberto Moreno as their left-back options, but they could still be interested in bringing the highly-rated 17-year-old to Anfield too, although they could face competition for his signature from Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United.

Liverpool supporters were quick to have their say on his latest display via social media, and while one said "we need to sign Sessegnon", another said 'he is better than Dele Alli'.

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/liverpool/liverpool-fans-urge-club-to-sign-ryan-sessegnon-after-latest-fulham-display

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic says Fulham's 'respect' for Burton Albion's away form helped them to overcome the Brewers

Fulham battered Burton 6-0 at Craven Cottage

Slavisa Jokanovic has said Fulham's "respect" for Burton Albion helped them to engineer a 6-0 drubbing of the Brewers at Craven Cottage.

The Cottagers ran riot with three goals in each half cementing their place as firm play-off contenders.

Jokanovic referenced September's 2-1 loss to Albion and how his side approached the match knowing Burton pose a significant threat away from home.

"We respected them," Jokanovic said.

Ryan Sessegnon of Fulham scores his first goal of a brace against Burton Albion (Image: Rob Sambles/Epic Action Imagery)

"They won their last three away games, and we didn't want that to happen to us at home.

"We lost away to them earlier, and we approached the game in the right away. And in the end, we found great solutions."

Despite the score-line, it wasn't all plain sailing for Fulham.

They had to bide their time before Rui Fonte's opener on the 18th minute, with only a mistake from Luke Murphy allowing the hosts to go in front.

In Burton's three-match winning streak on the road prior to defeat at the Cottage, they had grabbed the first goal in each of those games.

"It was really important for us (getting the first goal)," Jokanovic added.

"Among other things, it was key to us winning the game and not making things too complicated.

"We scored first, and second, and from there everything started to become easier for my team and more difficult for Burton.

Rui Fonte of Fulham celebrates opening the scoring against Burton Albion (Image: Rob Sambles/Epic Action Imagery)

"It's good because we extended our good run at home.

"My team was focused and concentrated. We played a lot of good football, and at the end we played especially well.

"In the first 45 minutes we moved the ball quickly, and created chances to score goals.

"In the second 45 minutes we tried to control the situation and also score some goals."

https://www.burtonmail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/slavisa-jokanovic-says-fulhams-respect-1096401

WhiteJC

Interview: Louis Saha on Cristiano Ronaldo's pain, Marcus Rashford's price tag and blood sucking leeches
Currently in Mumbai, Saha spoke to Sportskeeda in an exclusive interview

Louis Saha

Several high profile players chose to finish their careers at a much lower level compared to where they began. Not Louis Saha. The former Manchester United striker has only played club football at the highest level.

Whether it was Ligue 1 club Metz where he began his career, aged 19 or Serie A outfit, Lazio where he ended it, aged 34, the Frenchman always tested himself against the very best in the game.

Currently in Mumbai for a Manchester United fan event, Saha spoke to Sportskeeda in an exclusive interview, during which he touched upon a wide range of topics. Here are the excerpts from the conversation.

Do you remember the days in the build-up to your transfer from Fulham to Manchester United?

Yes, it was a tricky transfer, I was caught in the fire because I wanted to join United but Fulham wanted to increase the price so it was a bit difficult. With the agents and the club staff involved, it's not easy.

As a player you want to concentrate on football, during the last two days (before the transfer), I knew something was going to happen. You just have to make sure it all goes through properly.

One week before, I knew that I will play for United but I still played a league cup match for Fulham when I knew that I have a greater chance to win the competition with Manchester United. But as a professional, I wanted to give all for my club.

Is it true you once used blood sucking leeches to recover from a knee injury?

(Smiles) Yes, I was desperate to find a solution because my knee had a bad reaction, it was always swollen a lot. So my grandmother and my aunty (live in Guadeloupe, France) asked me to do this natural thing.

That insect has a special effect when it bites you. I said okay let's try because I was desperate to play and it had an effect, it sucked out the bad blood. I am not saying it's something that's proven.

Would you be surprised if Real Madrid or Barcelona bid €100 million for Marcus Rashford in three years?

Yeah, why not? He is improving a lot and as a player, he is very direct. Barcelona signed Dembele recently, so they like those type of players.

I won't be surprised if it happens because he is a very talented player. I always hope these young guys at United will remain here like the class of '92. I hope he remains at United for the rest of his career, Rashford can do that.

Was Cristiano Ronaldo very reclusive off the pitch? He seems that way. You've spent four years with him.

Ronaldo was always very sure about his abilities. Off the pitch, he was always very discreet and he is not any different right now. He always takes care of his family and makes sure that he is only focused on his game.

I don't think he does a lot of activities apart from some commercials. He is a very focused lad.

When he came to United at 17, he had only one target, to be the best player in the world. In life, you always have to be sure about what makes you happy. When you have that target, you only focus on it. Whatever pain or disturbance he had, he never cared about it.

What kind of music did the players at Manchester United listen to in the dressing room during your time?

We used to listen to all kinds of music. Of course, we never let guys like Gary Neville chose the music! We listened to a lot of RnB, House music, Michael Jackson. Anything that could motivate us.

Do teammates need to be friends for the club to perform well on the pitch?

You have to get along with pretty much everyone but you don't have to go and eat at a restaurant with them every day.

It's not necessary to be good friends with your teammates. You have to work well and gel together, competition is always healthy. I don't have many friends in football and it never impacted my career.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/interview-louis-saha-on-cristiano-ronaldo-s-pain-marcus-rashford-s-price-tag-and-blood-sucking-leeches

WhiteJC

The five things we learned from Fulham's 6-0 win over Burton Albion at Craven Cottage

Oliver Norwood, Rui Fonte and Fulham in the transfer market

Well, what can you learn from a 6-0 win? If there was any doubt, it's clear that Fulham are quite a good team capable of the very best performance on their day.

The win over Burton certainly laid the gauntlet down for the rest of the Championship and the Cottagers are now one point and one place outside of the play-offs and eight points away from second placed Derby and automatic promition.

A slow start to the season but now it's game on.

Here's what we learned:

You can win on the counter-attack even when you dominate possession

The Cottagers' trademark is perhaps their sweeping build up play that uses the whole width of the pitch. Cool, calm, collected.

While that was still very easy on the eye against Burton as Fulham enjoyed 68% possession, what was perhaps more impressive was Slavisa Jokanovic's side's willingness to attack quickly when the opportunity presented itself.

They produced 49 long passes in the match and they were particularly scything in the first half as Rui Fonte and Ryan Sessegnon curved their runs, eager to break free quickly.

While Burton were deep for most of the match, Fulham were keen to exploit any chance there was space behind the Brewers defence as seen in Aboubakar Kamara's goal above.

Oliver Norwood is a more than able deputy to Tom Cairney

(Image: Get reading)

The midfielder delivered an exceptionally classy performance this weekend after nervelessly scoring the winning penalty against Middlesbrough last week.

He led Kevin McDonald and Stefan Johansen in the midfield trio beautifully and provided the cutting edge to the passing carousel that was on show in the first half.

The Brighton loanee completed 90 passes in his 67 minutes, the same number as Johansen did in the full match, and had an 89% success rate.

Norwood also provides complete coverage with his passing with 24.3% being forwards, 18.9% backwards, 27% to the right and 29.7% to the left.

Continually found Ryan Frederick's in acres of space so can clearly expose an opposition's weakness. Couldn't tell Cairney wasn't on the pitch because of his performance.

Rui Fonte can be a rough and tumble, battling centre-forward

Rui Fonte scored twice in Fulham's win against Burton

We all know the Portuguese forward has technique in abundance but at times against the Brewers he really looked like an old-fashioned, English No. 9.

Despite playing only 75 minutes, Fonte had the 8 duels, the fourth most in the Fulham side behind Sessegnon (10), Johansen (9) and Odoi (13). He worked exceptionally hard against three centre-halves and even though he only won half of his battles, he looked like a complete forward.

His second goal embodied this, first winning a header and then having the tenacity to follow it up to make the next touch past Stephen Bywater.

Fulham need another striker

Not often the realisation you come to after bagging six at home. Indeed there was a lot to be impressed about the Cottagers' forward play.

In December, Tom Cairney called for his side to score 'scrappy' goals , and yesterday they did. Sessegnon's efforts in particular showed the willingness to score when Burton failed to clear. There was also some cool finishes by Lucas Piazon and Rui Fonte, and a perfect run and lob that made Kamara look as good as anyone.

Jokanovic spoke to the BBC after the match however, and his point should convince anyone.

Craven Cottage can be a fortress

Now, I'm sure you all know about the atmosphere at home but yesterday, Craven Cottage was LOUD.

The old architecture lends itself to some incredible acoustics that are difficult to reproduce elsewhere in the league. With Fulham in the form they are and backed by a vociferous crowd it will be a difficult place for any team to come.

The Cottagers have won their last four home games in the league, and they could really build a promotion bid off this kind of form if it can continue.

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/fulham-burton-albion-five-things-14182968

WhiteJC

Sunday verdict: Fulham too good for Burton Albion as another big defeat sends Brewers to the bottom

The Brewers find themselves at the bottom of the table after their biggest Championship defeat

Close to 12 months ago, on February 1 2017, Burton Albion were beaten 2-0 at the Pirelli Stadium by an impressive Fulham outfit.

That result took the Cottagers up to ninth in the table, and they would barely look back from there in an inexorable push to the play-offs.

Judging by the latest meeting of the teams, the sides currently sat in the Championship's top six should watch their backs.

Slavisa Jokanovic's Fulham look a seriously impressive promotion prospect again.

The Brewers will testify to that and, after dropping to the foot of the table, will surely be glad to see that Fulham face Barnsley and Bolton Wanderers - two of their relegation rivals - over the next three weeks.

Not that Albion will be spending much time looking at the Championship fixture list in the 10 days before their next game at home to Reading.

Their focus will be on getting over their biggest defeat at this level as quickly as possible and getting their survival bid back on track after successive losses, because their levels have dropped markedly over the past 180 minutes.

Losing to a Fulham side who have taken 25 points from their last 11 games is no great shock and will not define the Brewers' campaign.

But falling to a 6-0 defeat, having been so good on the road of late, is a blow.

When they were outplayed in that Pirelli defeat to Jokanovic's side nearly a year ago, Albion kept themselves in touch on the scoreboard, even if they struggled to make a telling impact themselves.

Burton very rarely let sides streak clear of them in 2016-17.

Rui Fonte of Fulham celebrates opening the scoring against Burton Albion (Image: Rob Sambles/Epic Action Imagery)

On a freezing west London afternoon this time around, though, they were swept aside inside 45 minutes and then swept away all over again after the break.

It is the fourth time this campaign that they have lost by four goals or more. When things get away from them, they seem to get away quickly and drastically.

Martin Samuelsen made a positive impression on his Brewers debut after joining on loan from West Ham United in the week, showing genuine dynamism and skill on the right flank.

But as Lucas Akins admitted afterwards, there were not many positives to reflect on otherwise.

Samuelsen's inclusion on the right wing was one of two enforced changes for Clough to make as Burton went in search of a fourth successive away victory in the League.

Will Miller was set to undergo surgery on his dislocated knee on the afternoon of the game after being ruled out for the season, and Samuelsen was a straight swap for him.

The other switch was a result of Ben Turner injuring his calf in training on Friday.

His absence meant a change to the back five, with John Brayford joining Jake Buxton and Kyle McFadzean in central defence, Akins moving to right-back and Marvin Sordell coming into the starting XI as the lone striker.

One of the keys to the Brewers' successes on the road over the past two months has been a consistent selection in defence, and not having the dependable Turner in their ranks told here.

It was not an issue in the opening 15 minutes.

Clough's side settled well into the game, not allowing Fulham in behind their defensive line and building some pressure upfield.

Samuelsen and Akins linked well on the right, the West Ham man's good turn of pace and close control getting him into good areas - although both of Akins' deliveries from those positions were easily dealt with.

Still, they will have been happy enough with how things stood in the early stages, before one sloppy moment lit the fuse for a destructive Fulham performance.

Luke Murphy is arguably Albion's most consistent performer, but it was his misplaced pass in centre midfield that allowed Oliver Norwood to pounce and slide possession through for Lucas Piazon to race onto.

The Chelsea loanee could have gone for goal, but instead chose to lay it across unselfishly for Rui Fonte to knock into the unguarded net as Stephen Bywater rushed out to meet him.

The crucial first strike was Fulham's.

When Burton have been at their best this season, they have been looking to build on or defend a lead.

Falling behind not only puts them on the back foot, but forces them out of their rigid, disciplined structure a little more.

Just what Jokanovic's quick-passing, fast-moving, dynamic side will have relished.

The floodgates shut again for the next quarter of an hour, yet Fulham still managed to get out of sight before the end of the first half.

The hosts issued a couple of warning shots about their intentions to capitalise on space down the right flank when full-back Ryan Fredericks twice blazed good openings over Bywater's crossbar.

Fredericks would soon make his mark, though, driving a low pass back across goal into Piazon's path - and the forward's first-time finish was a classy one inside the far post.

Another Fredericks assist followed soon after, another foray down the right allowing him to stand up a cross into the Burton six-yard box.

Fonte surged onto it and won the battle to the delivery between Brayford and Jake Buxton, before slamming a finish home with his second touch.

A sloppiness in attack meant the Brewers failed to reduce the arrears before the break.

Lone forward Sordell was unable to get a meaningful eye of goal, while other fleeting openings were wasted when Akins, Samuelsen and Tom Naylor looked for a killer final ball 18 yards out instead of shooting.

Tom Flanagan spurned Burton's best chance shortly after the break as they enjoyed a spell of calm.

Some fleet-footed work by Samuelsen allowed him to float a cross in, and Sordell's flick on reached Flanagan, who lifted a volley over from a good position.

That was as close as they would come, and Fulham rediscovered their killer instinct thereafter.

The final half-hour was a repetitive one, as wave after wave of Whites pressure rolled at the Burton backline.

They were stronger in the challenge and quicker to the second ball and loose possession - a point summed up by Ryan Sessegnon's quickfire double.

On both occasions, Albion players dived in to block efforts by Stefan Johansen, only for the richochet to drop to Sessegnon.

He was the most switched on player inside the Brewers box, rifling both home from close range as Brewers players watched on.

A couple of tidy Bywater saves looked set to ensure Albion's loss would only be their joint-heaviest in the Championship, level with the 5-0 humbling at Elland Road in September.

But with two minutes remaining, substitute Aboubakar Kamara was too easily laid through on goal, and he produced a deft chip over the Burton keeper to make it six for the Cottagers.

There was a party atmosphere at the full-time whistle for the home fans, who must be sensing a similarly irrepressible push for the top six in 2017-18 as they witnessed 12 months ago.

For the travelling Brewers supporters - who were in fine voice all afternoon, despite what unfolded before them - it was a harsh reminder of why Albion's need for a turnaround on home soil is so important.

They may have been brilliant in recent weeks on the road, but they will occasionally catch a top side in unplayable form - and this was one of those occasions.

Ryan Sessegnon races away to celebrate as Burton Albion look dejected (Image: Jordan Mansfield/Getty Images)

They need some points at the Pirelli, and fast.

There was also a lethargy in the second half which suggests the 10 days between this defeat and the home clash with Reading could be precious.

The chance to bring in a couple of fresh faces will be priceless as well.

We will see what the transfer market has in store in that time, but Albion will at least be glad this humbling day is out of the way.

https://www.burtonmail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunday-verdict-fulham-good-burton-1097168

WhiteJC

10 days to go... former Premier League man in, 24-year-old out: The Fulham transfer business that needs to happen

Fulham are beginning to pick up again in the Championship and are in the play-off mix as we head towards the most important weeks of the campaign.

The Lilywhites started this season in a pretty frustrating way for their fans.

After the play-off run last year, perhaps there was a bit of a hangover as their attacking flair seemed to be diluted and more draws were piling up than anything else.

They're starting to click now, though, and with the experience of last season there is every chance that they'll be back challenging for promotion come the end of this campaign.

Slavisa Jokanovic will be aiming to get his squad in the best shape he can before Deadline Day, then, and so, with that in mind, here's an in and out we think needs to happen...

In: Sebastian Leto

Earlier this week, the Daily Mail reported that Fulham were in talks to sign the winger.

Some may remember Leto from his Liverpool days and in that case they might be not too keen on bringing the player to Craven Cottage.

Even so, since his Reds days he's forged a half-decent career out in Greece and away from Europe's top five leagues so he might be able to prove a point on his return to this country.

Out: Marcelo Djalo

It seems pretty clear that the centre-half is not yet ready to play for Fulham.

It seems odd to say as he was signed in the summer and isn't a young kid so clearly confidence is an issue.

A loan deal away from the club might be the best option right now for Djalo and it'd be no surprise if that led to a more permanent exit from the Craven Cottage club.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/10-days-to-go-former-premier-league-man-in-24-year-old-out-the-fulham-transfer-business-that-needs-to-happen/

WhiteJC

Fulham need to be ambitious and people need to give them credit after Burton win

The 27-year-old scored twice in the first half to set the Cottagers up for victory

Portuguese striker Rui Fonte opened the scoring for Fulham yesterday and his first performance set them up for a comprehensive 6-0 victory.

The ex-Arsenal product was keen to emphasise the performance of the whole team against Burton despite his two goals.

The summer-signing noted how good the win was in light of the Brewers' away record even though their league position might not reflect it.

He said: "I think most important was the team because if the whole team performs well that helps me

"That's what we did, my teammates had an amazing, amazing game so at the end I am just the tip of the iceberg when they perform well so I try to do my best as well.

"They won their last three games away and if I'm not mistaken kept six clean sheets away, so that shows it was a tough game - we just made it easy.

"People have to give us credit for this big win."

Rui Fonte scored twice in Fulham's win against Burton

The Cottagers are a point from being in the play-off positions having won six of their last eight league games after a slow start to the season.

It seems Slavisa Jokanovic's men could be set to replicate their play-off push from last season and Fonte is keen they show the ambition to target promotion.

The 27-year-old said: "We have to be ambitious so we want to be up there like at the beginning of the season. We had a couple of games at the start of the season that left us a bit apart from that position but now that we're close we want to be there for sure.

"We showed what we want, not just in this game of course because it was a six-nil game but we had a couple of wins away, at home we've been incredible so we just want to keep on going."

Fulham travel to Barnsley next weekend in a smaller round of fixtures due to the FA Cup.

Out of the teams ahead of them only Wolves play too and a win would see the side into 5th.

Fonte is keen to take advantage and for the Cottagers to thrust themselves firmly into the promotion picture.

He said: "We want to be in that fight and we showed that. We need to be ambitious and show that ambition as well.

"We can't say we want to if we don't show it so we just need to make sure when we go to the game we show everyone."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/fulham-promotion-ambition-burton-win-14184979

WhiteJC

Fonte feels Fulham 'must be ambitious' to win promotion
by Dan on January 21, 2018

Rui Fonte has urged his Fulham team-mates to 'be ambitious' if they want to reach the Premier League.

The Portuguese forward, who trebled his Fulham tally in yesterday's 6-0 thrashing of Burton, believes the Whites need to match the intensity and expansive start against the Brewers in their upcoming fixtures to put real pressure on the Championship's top six. Fonte also feels that his side's exceptional recent home record could prove vital:

We have to be ambitious so we want to be up there like at the beginning of the season. We had a couple of games at the start of the season that left us a bit apart from that position but now that we're close we want to be there for sure. We showed what we want, not just in this game of course because it was a six-nil game but we had a couple of wins away, at home we've been incredible so we just want to keep on going.

The 27 year-old played down his own personal impact – despite scoring twice in the first half – and instead lavished praise on the remainder of Slavisa Jokanovic's side.

I think most important was the team because if the whole team performs well that helps me. That's what we did, my teammates had an amazing, amazing game so at the end I am just the tip of the iceberg when they perform well so I try to do my best as well.

Fonte also felt Fulham deserved serious credit for the quality of their display, especially after Nigel Clough's side had put together excellent performances on the road of late.

They won their last three games away and if I'm not mistaken kept six clean sheets away, so that shows it was a tough game – we just made it easy. People have to give us credit for this big win.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/01/fonte-feels-fulham-must-be-ambitious-to-win-promotion/

WhiteJC

Santos-Clase sends Fulham into FA Youth Cup quarter finals
by Dan on January 18, 2018

A first-half double from Nicolas Santos-Clase sent Fulham's under 18s into the quarter finals of the FA Youth Cup tonight as the young Whites recorded an impressive victory at Swansea this evening.

The home side started well in the Welsh mizzle with Mason Jones-Thomas seeing a low shot smartly saved by Luca Ashby-Hammond, the hero of the penalty shoot-out win in the previous round at Huddersfield Town, and Kees de Boer firing across the face of goal after his free-kick had come back off the Fulham wall. Colin Omogbehin's side gradually grew into the contest with Tammy Abraham seeing his deflected drive loop wide of the target after a lightening Fulham break.

Lively winger Santos-Clase looked threatening down the left and, he also had a shot deflected behind for a corner. From Tyrone Francois' flag-kick, the Spaniard was left unattended inside the six yard-box and headed home emphatically. From there, the Whites began to see more of the ball and take a firmer grip on proceedings. Jayden Harris sent a free header over from another Francois set play and Sonny Hilton, playing in the number ten role, was finding space in front of the Swansea back from which to orchestrate a number of threatening Fulham attacks.

It came as little surprise when Santos-Clase doubled the lead just before the break. He seized on a loose Swansea pass and skipped away from two defenders before using Abraham's intelligent run as a decoy as he reached the penalty area and bending a low effort into the far corner. It was a superb individual strike that knocked the stuffing out of the Swans.

The contest followed a similar pattern after the interval. Santos-Clase was unfortunate not to complete his hat-trick five minutes into the second period when his rasping drive from the edge of the area rattled the crossbar after Swansea had failed to fully clear a Francois corner. The Spanish starlet also spurned two chances late on to claim the matchball. Fulham largely controlled the contest for the remainder of the evening, but were indebted to a superbly timed tackle from full-back Djed Spence that prevented Mason Jones-Thomas from racing through on Ashby-Hammond with twelve minutes to play.

The Whites have been handed a tricky trip to the competition's giantkillers, Plymouth Argyle, in the quarter finals, with the Home Park tie scheduled for early February.

SWANSEA CITY UNDER 18s (4-2-3-1): Lang; Lewis, Blake (Evans 66), B. Cooper, Cabango; Price, de Boer; Jones-Thomas (J. Walsh 78), Hazel (M. Walsh 45), O. Cooper; Wynter-Coles. Subs (not used): Shepperd, Williams.

BOOKED: O. Cooper.

FULHAM UNDER 18s (4-2-3-1): L. Ashby-Hammond; Spence, Felix, S. Sessegnon, Mundle-Smith; Francois, Harris; Kelly, Santos-Clase, Hilton (York 80); Abraham (Martin 75). Subs (not used): Schwarzer, Garrido, Davis.

GOALS: Santos-Clase (22, 42).

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/01/santos-clase-sends-fulham-into-fa-youth-cup-quarter-finals/