Main Menu

Fulham on Targett!

Started by bill taylors apprentice, January 22, 2018, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

Hooray!

But will the Head Coach play him?

Targett Joins On Loan

The Club is delighted to announce the signing of Matt Targett on loan from Southampton.

The 22-year-old left-back, who was on the bench for the Saints in our recent Emirates FA Cup meeting, will remain at Craven Cottage for the rest of the 2017/18 campaign.

Targett joined Southampton's Academy at the age of eight, which was then led by Fulham's current Academy Director Huw Jennings.

After progressing through the ranks, he was given a first team opportunity following Luke Shaw's move to Manchester United, and made his debut in the League Cup against Millwall in August 2014.

His Premier League bow wasn't far away, with the youngster coming on as a substitute in a win over Queens Park Rangers a month later.

Targett's first top flight start arrived in a 1-1 draw with Chelsea in December 2014, and he ended his maiden campaign with 12 senior appearances to his name.

The following two seasons saw him continue his progression at St Mary's, and he now has 42 games under his belt across the Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, and Europa League.

Targett was first capped by England at Under-19 level, and went on to captain the Under-20 side. Recognition at Under-21 level followed, and he was a member of the squad at the 2015 European Championship.

"I'm really happy to be here," Targett told fulhamfc.com. "I am looking forward to helping the side push on to the Play-Offs.

"One of the main reasons I joined is that Club is in a great place at the moment and the results have been fantastic. I can't wait to be a part of that.

"I am very excited to make my Fulham debut and the most important thing is that we pick up the three points when I do."

Tony Khan added: "Matt is a talented young player, and he will be an exciting addition to our squad.

"He brings Premier League experience with him, and we feel that he can be a valuable contributor to our team as we continue to push for promotion."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/january/22/matt-targett-joins-on-loan

gerrys

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on January 22, 2018, 09:05:24 AM
Hooray!

Started at the Saints when Huw Jennings was there,......so someone at Fulham has a good idea of his potential...

OMalleyCat

Hooray!

Hope so, free's up Sess to play further up.

Allestree andy

Sounds like a good addition to me,onwards and upwards
To the limit and beyond

Marcel_Gecov

Good move, will also, unfortunately, confirm the end of Soares no doubt. I mean unfortunately as I sung his praises a few months back but has been disappointing.

Ordar

Spoke to a Saints fan who doesnt rate him at all. Says he's alright going forward, but weak defensively.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Ordar on January 22, 2018, 09:28:34 AM
Spoke to a Saints fan who doesnt rate him at all. Says he's alright going forward, but weak defensively.

I am sure he is better than soares

Fernhurst

Hmmmm just what we need......... still what do daft football fans know??????
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Southcoastffc

Like almost all modern fullbacks then!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

MJG

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 22, 2018, 09:42:23 AM
Like almost all modern fullbacks then!
They are all failed wingers anyway.
Just the views of a long term fan

Woolly Mammoth

I am pleased Fulham FC have signed him. I hope it's the first of a hatrick of signings the club makes by the 31st January 2018.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

snarks

I work with a load of saints fans, they think it's a very good signing for Fulham. They can't understand why Saints let him go.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 22, 2018, 09:48:47 AM
I am pleased Fulham FC have signed him. I hope it's the first of a hatrick of signings the club makes by the 31st January 2018.
That's the spirit woolly 😁 ⚽⚽
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Fernhurst

Quote from: snarks on January 22, 2018, 09:54:22 AM
I work with a load of saints fans, they think it's a very good signing for Fulham. They can't understand why Saints let him go.

Oh those particular fans are obviously intelligent and insightful 😜
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

MrFFC

Good signing hopefully that's the end of Sessegnon at LB. Targett & Odoi for LB is enough
Come on you Whites!! :)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 22, 2018, 09:55:40 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 22, 2018, 09:48:47 AM
That's the spirit woolly 😁 ⚽⚽
COYW

May I take this opportunity FTN to express my admiration for the dignified way you took yesterday's unfortunate loss against the New England Patriots on the chin. No excuses no resentment or negative sportsmanship, especially as they snatched victory from the jaws of defeat in the final moments.
I admit I followed the match in between drinking pints of English Bombedier to allow me to understand the game more and also to find out what all the hype was about, as knowledge is powerful.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Hooray!

That's a definite yes if he takes his chance to do well.

the nutflush

Nice one.  Will free up Sess to go forward and score a hat trick every week.  I just put a little bet on Sess for leading Championship goalscorer at 66/1.

Twig

So who is first choice as LB now, Odoi or Targett? Would be tough on Odoi to be dropped to the bench, he has been versatile and reliable for us.