Author Topic: Cottage Talk Podcast Interview With Gentleman Jim McGullion And Jamie Reid  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Russ Goldman

• Graham Leggat
Hi Everyone.

This is an interview with the broadcasting team of Gentleman Jim McGullion And Jamie Reid from FulhamFCTV. We asked Jim and Jamie several questions regarding both of their time commentating on Fulham.

During our chat, we also got their thoughts on the past two seasons through their eyes. To end the interview, we talked about the massive 6-0 victory for Fulham against Burton Albion, as we recorded this episode about an hour after that match ended.

Please do take a listen and let me know what you thought of the interview?

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cottagetalk/2018/01/22/cottage-talk-interview-with-gentleman-jim-mcgullion-and-jamie-reid

« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 01:45:50 PM by Russ Goldman »

Offline Russ Goldman

• Graham Leggat
Hi Everyone.

If you have listened please do share your feedback on the interview?

Offline grandad

• Gentleman Jim
Really good of you to arrange the interviews. GJ is Fulham through & through. If possible can you arrange other interviews with current or past Fulham people.

Offline BedsFFC

• Legend
Good work Russ. You do a sterling job mate.

Actually, Jim & Jamie do make a very good team.

Hearing Jim mention Clubcall makes me feel like come from a different era. Then I take a step back and realise ....I come from a different era.

I remember the play off game away against Bristol Rovers. I had a "weekend away" with an ex-girlfriend in Brighton. (please just wait there while I reminisce)

We were sitting on the beach and all I could think about was the Fulham game. I had to get up, say I was having a stroll, then run to the road and put about £3 worth of change into a phone box to hear a 45 second intro and then a snippet of recorded commentary, which got gradually more depressing every time.

There's something about Jim & Jamie that you feel you could bump into them and without any real intro's just sit and talk to them for 30 mins. I imagine Jim would start getting the hump about the time you say, right, that's the 70's & 80's done,lets move onto the 90's. But Jamie would persuade him to have another quick half and discuss the Fayed era.

They must get that all the time

Anyway, many thanks to all concerned

Offline RaySmith

• Gentleman Jim
Thanks Russ - Jim is a true Fulham legend, ably assisted  these days by Jamie.

Offline Jims Dentist

• Graham Leggat
Good work Russ. You do a sterling job mate.

Actually, Jim & Jamie do make a very good team.

Hearing Jim mention Clubcall makes me feel like come from a different era. Then I take a step back and realise ....I come from a different era.

I remember the play off game away against Bristol Rovers. I had a "weekend away" with an ex-girlfriend in Brighton. (please just wait there while I reminisce)

We were sitting on the beach and all I could think about was the Fulham game. I had to get up, say I was having a stroll, then run to the road and put about £3 worth of change into a phone box to hear a 45 second intro and then a snippet of recorded commentary, which got gradually more depressing every time.

There's something about Jim & Jamie that you feel you could bump into them and without any real intro's just sit and talk to them for 30 mins. I imagine Jim would start getting the hump about the time you say, right, that's the 70's & 80's done,lets move onto the 90's. But Jamie would persuade him to have another quick half and discuss the Fayed era.

They must get that all the time

Anyway, many thanks to all concerned
Remember Club Call well.
Was Ken Myers who used to do it.
Met him a number of times and thought he was a decent guy.
When at Gillingham away watching us in a midweek Combination game he got me in out of the cold stand to the complimentary refreshment room for tea and scones!!

Offline Fulham Tup North

• MAESTRO
 :wow:   I had forgotten about Club Call !!
Used to cost a fortune. Midweek games I would stay at work just so I could phone in and not have to pay!
 :yay: