https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (03/02/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 03, 2018, 07:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

Derby Away Tickets

Tickets for Fulham's match against Derby County on Saturday 3rd March (3pm) are now on sale to Season Ticket Holders and Members.

The Whites travel to the East Midlands for their first game of the month, with tickets priced at £24 for adults, £17 for over 65s, £13.50 for under 18s and just £7.50 for under 13s.

What's more, the Club is delighted to provide free coach travel to supporters at this fixture. Coaches will depart from Motspur Park and Craven Cottage from 9:30am.

Tickets will go on General Sale from Wednesday 7th February. Follow Fulham Away and secure your seat today!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/february/02/derby-away-tickets

WhiteJC

Fulham vs Nottingham Forest: Do Aleksandar Mitrovic or Cyrus Christie make their debuts in your starting XI?

Both signed on Deadline Day - but do either make your starting XI for the game with Nottingham Forest?

After that manic last hour on Deadline Day, it's back to the football and the big question is whether or not Aleksandar Mitrovic or Cyrus Christie make their Fulham debuts this weekend against Nottingham Forest .

Mitrovic has been brought on loan until the end of the season, while Christie has signed a three-and-a-half year deal at Craven Cottage, but would either of them start if you were in Slavisa Jokanovic's shoes this weekend?

Fulham were unchanged last week when they beat Barnsley 3-1, with skipper Tom Cairney missing from the matchday squad as he continued his rehabilitation from injury, but is it time to mix things up as the side head back to the Cottage to take on a largely changed Forest .

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-vs-nottingham-forest-aleksandar-14236425

WhiteJC

Forest Tickets Limited

Tickets for tomorrow's game against Nottingham Forest (Saturday 3rd February, 3pm) are now limited in availability.

Be sure to secure your seat for all the action as we aim to make it five straight league wins, and see our new signings potentially make their Cottage debuts.

Starting from £25 for adults and £15 for juniors, supporters can purchase today online, by telephone on 0203 871 0810 (opt 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/february/02/forest-tickets-limited

WhiteJC

Lolley ready for debut

Joe Lolley says he is eager to make his debut for Nottingham Forest at Fulham tomorrow but knows there is stiff competition for places.

The winger signed on transfer deadline day but he knows that the whole squad will have to play their part for The Reds.

He said: "Any player wants to play but it is up to the manager to choose what he thinks is his best eleven.

"Everyone in the squad will have their part to play, everyone will want to play and that is why I have come here.

"Like any player, I always give everything I have got and work as hard as I can. I am fast and direct and hopefully I can score some goals."

The 25-year-old signed from Huddersfield Town and feels he is settling in well to life at The City Ground.

"The lads are all really welcoming and all seem like good guys," he said. "I am looking forward to getting to know them more.

"It was like the first day at school! I didn't know anyone and it made it easier that there were so many new faces, so everyone was in the same boat.

"It was a bit of a nervous day but I am glad that the first day is over and I can look forward to the days and months ahead."

Fulham provide the first test for Lolley in the Garibaldi red and he is expecting a tough match at Craven Cottage.

He said: "They are a good team, they like the ball and like to attack. They are one of the better teams in the Championship in terms of passing and playing that style of football.

"But the lads have said that they seem to thrive on the bigger games, like Wolves a couple of weeks ago, so we are looking forward to the test."

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2018/february/joe-lolley-pre-fulham/

WhiteJC

Newcastle's Aleksandar Mitrovic reveals why he signed for Fulham on a 'stressful' deadline day

Aleksandar Mitrovic has spoken about a "stressful" deadline day which saw him join Fulham at the 11th hour....

Mitrovic joined the Championship side on loan after a proposed move to Anderlecht broke down. The Newcastle United striker had travelled to Brussels to re-sign for his former club. However, Anderlecht pulled out of the deal after failing to offload a player, and Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic stepped in to sign his Serbian countryman for the rest of the season. "It was a really long and stressful day, but it ended and I'm here and I want to be here," said Mitrovic.

"I'll be honest there were a lot of clubs, but it was Fulham, first of all because of the coach, and secondly because of the style of football that the club plays. "Fulham have a young and good team and score a lot of goals. For me, last season Fulham played the best football in the Championship."

On Jokanovic, Mitrovic added: "He was a big player. He's a good coach and a big name in Serbia. I talked with him and he told me his plans. This is the reason why I chose Fulham." Mitrovic hinted at his unhappiness at a lack of playing time in an interview with the Gazette in November. The Serbia international is desperate to play week in, week out ahead of the summer's World Cup finals. "It's a big thing for me and my country and all people in Serbia," said Mitrovic. "We're finally back where we should be. I'm looking forward. I need games and I hope I will get games. "If I get games I will score goals. The key is to get promoted and I hope I will help."

MItrovic, signed from Anderlecht in the summer of 2015, helped Newcastle win the Championship last season. "I played last season in the Championship," Mitrovic told fulhamfc.com. It's a really hard and physical league. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon." MItrovic could face United team-mate Jack Colback tomorrow if he makes his debut against Nottingham Forest at Craven Cottage. Midfielder Colback joined the club on loan on transfer deadline day.

Read more at: https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-s-aleksandar-mitrovic-reveals-why-he-signed-for-fulham-on-a-stressful-deadline-day-1-8996711

WhiteJC

Fulham's resilience leads to a jubilant January

A resilient January for Slavisa Jokanovic's Fulham, both on and off the pitch, has set the club up in perfect fashion for the Championship run-in, writes Cottagers Columnist Max Cohen.

It has quite simply been a splendid month for Fulham Football Club, a feat few would have predicted it at the outset of the new year.

As January commenced, the transfer rumours swirling above Craven Cottage dominated the headlines. Slavisa Jokanovic was unsettled, Ryan Sessegnon looked set to leave for a top team and captain Tom Cairney seemed to be on his way out as well.

Yet, from an atmosphere of off-the-pitch dysfunction emerged the most in-form team in England. The Whites took the month by storm, winning all four of their league matches by a combined score of 14-2. It was the ultimate statement of intent: Fulham were on the up, and everyone knew it.

Each of the four victories showcased a different aspect of the squad, with every winning performance a testament to the strength of the Cottagers.

The new year began with a 4-1 comeback victory over Ipswich Town at the Cottage, a match in which Fulham started poorly and were behind at the half.

However, after a dollop of good fortune, which saw the Tractor Boys went down to ten men after a moment of madness, Fulham turned up the gas and blew Ipswich away in the span of seven minutes. The purple patch brought four goals, two for Sessegnon and two for Aboubakar Kamara- the previously maligned French striker who finally seems to be hitting top form.

After a brief set back defeat to Southampton in the FA Cup, Fulham faced undoubtedly their toughest match of the month. Away on Teesside to a formidable Middlesbrough, newly managed by Tony Pulis.

This was no easy assignment and nd it showed during the vast majority of the match, as Fulham were outplayed and outmuscled. The Whites massively rode their luck, but when it mattered, they stepped up and stole the three points through Oliver Norwood's late penalty.

It was the ultimate smash and grab, a feat only bettered a fortnight later at Oakwell.

Still riding the high of Boro victory, Fulham hosted Burton Albion and taught them a footballing lesson. From minute one until the very end, Fulham bossed the game, dominating possession, shots, and chances en route to a commanding 6-0 victory.

Rui Fonte ended his months-long goal drought with a brace, Lucas Piazon marked his return to the side with a goal, and the sensational Sessegnon bagged a double. The play-off places were in touching distance.

Fulham finally reached the hallowed sixth position thanks to another scrappy, yet utterly rewarding, away victory. Down 1-0 again, the Whites received the benefit of a silly sending off, but played with less quality than was evident against Ipswich. Nevertheless, Fulham found a way to win, with Kevin McDonald bundling home the scrappiest of scrappy goals in stoppage time.

The constant theme of the January renaissance was that no matter what, Fulham found a way to win. From home thrashings to undeserved away wins, the Cottagers did what it took to get the three points.

It was a side of Fulham that had been rarely seen this season, or for many of the past five years. The Cottages have been, for so long, the club at the hands of crushing late goals, unfortunate refereeing decisions, and missed penalties.

Now the Whites are winning matches in the dying minutes, benefiting from red cards, and slotting home spot-kicks with ease. This is a new Fulham. A Fulham that screams confidence, class, and composure.

It is this newfound swagger that very well may prove the difference between last year's failure and this year's potential success. Fulham are hitting their stride and winning at every opportunity and in every situation. This is a team capable of not only the top-six, but even automatic promotion.

To make the month even more impressive, the run of form has coincided with drama over arguably Fulham's most internal player, Tom Cairney.

Linked with West Ham over the weekend and struggling with a persistent knee injury, Cairney has featured sparingly in January, but Fulham have kept rolling regardless. This depth is also a key factor in a possible improvement on 2017's play-off heartbreak.

Add in to the mix the deadliest finisher in the Championship (17-year-old Ryan Sessegnon), the strongest central midfielder in the league (Kevin McDonald), and a goalkeeper whose very presence signals a dramatic uptick in form (Marcus Bettinelli), Fulham are a side to fear.

With a remarkable January in the books, the Whites are the team to beat in the Championship. Roll on February.

http://tbrfootball.com/fulhams-resilience-leads-jubilant-january/

WhiteJC

Middlesbrough boss Tony Pulis speaks about transfers after Cyrus Christie left for Fulham on Deadline Day

Cyrus Christie left Boro for the Cottage after only signing for Middlesbrough in the summer, and his former boss has had his say on the outgoings at the club

Tony Pulis has said that he finds it 'astonishing' that players want to leave a football club after five months and insists he wants players who want to be at Middlesbrough.

Cyrus Christie joined Fulham on Deadline Day after only joining Middlesbrough in the summer , but Pulis allowed him to leave the club in a reported £3m deal with add ons - something he believes was a good deal for the football club.

The Irishman could be in the Cottagers' squad to face Nottingham Forest tomorrow after making the move, and his former boss has explained the thinking behind all the outgoings at Middlesbrough on Deadline Day.

"They either want to play for Middlesbrough Football Club or they don't," Pulis said.

"There's no middle line - you're either with it or not.

"If they want to move and the opportunity is there to move - if it's a good deal for the football club, then fine.

"I think it's important we set in stone what we're trying to achieve.

"This is a fantastic football club with fantastic people. You want people to come here and grow, and people who are here for the right reasons.

"If they come in, and after three or four months, and see it right and fit and want to leave, I find it astonishing, but I just want people who want to be at the football club.

"I've got no problems with all the lads who have left, they're all good lads.

"We have to find players with the character, understanding and commitment that will make them want to stay at this football club."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-boss-tony-pulis-speaks-14236623

WhiteJC

Sky Sports pundit predicts Fulham will be challenging for Championship top two sooner or later

David Prutton is also backing Fulham to continue their fine run of form with victory against Nottingham Forest on Saturday

Sky Sports pundit David Prutton is backing Fulham to continue their fine of form with victory against Nottingham Forest, and expects them to challenge for the top two before long.

Slavisa Jokanovic's side are on a seven-game unbeaten run in the league and had a 100% record in January, winning all four of their Championship games - a run that has seen them break into the Play-offs.

They face Nottingham Forest at the Cottage on Saturday, who added a number of new faces to their team on Deadline Day, including ex-Fulham man Ashkan Dejagah as Aitor Karanka looks to get his side ticking once again.

In his weekly prediction column, Purtton wrote: "Fulham are the form team in the Championship right now and they're showing no signs of slowing down in their pursuit of promotion. If they keep going the way they are then they'll be threatening the top two sooner or later as well.

"Nottingham Forest were dismantled by Preston in midweek and they look like they're lacking in confidence at the moment. Strange things can happen in this league but this is surely three points for Fulham.

"Prutton predicts: 2-0"

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sky-sports-pundit-predicts-fulham-14236514

WhiteJC

Jokanovic simply must start this £7.2m-rated player against Forest tomorrow

It's surely an exciting time to be a Fulham fans at the moment with them flying in the Championship and looking good for a top six spot.

The slowish start to the season has certainly been forgotten and we're once again witnessing a Fulham side that can beat anyone with a flood of goals and attacking verve.

Slavisa Jokanovic is doing a good job, then, and he certainly pulled off a potential masterstroke late on in the window as £7.2m rated Aleksandar Mitrovic rolled in through the Craven Cottage doors.

One criticism of Fulham this season is that their strikers haven't really scored enough goals for a play-off challenging side. Ryan Sessegnon, of course, has helped soften the blow but a new centre-forward was needed and in Mitrovic they've got a class option if he produces what we know he can.

Against Nottingham Forest, then, he must start this weekend as Fulham look to continue their run and their top six challenge.

Forest, defensively, are there to be got at but with Aitor Karanka signing a number of players late on to help them add physicality, they may prove a slightly stouter opponent than they would have done.

The Lilywhites need to go on maximum attack and play their best offensive assets, then, and Mitrovic is surely right at the top of that particular list.

Make no mistake, he's going to be rusty, but in Jokanovic he has someone who believes in him and that often seems to be all the player needs to produce the goods.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/jokanovic-simply-must-start-this-7-2m-rated-player-against-forest-tomorrow/

WhiteJC

Fulham v Nottingham Forest preview

Aleksandar Mitrovic could make his Fulham debut

Fulham could hand debuts to Cyrus Christie and Aleksandar Mitrovic against Nottingham Forest.

The Cottagers signed right-back Christie from fellow Championship club Middlesbrough for an undisclosed fee on dedline day. Serbian striker Mitrovic was then a surprise arrival from Newcastle on loan until the summer.

Tom Cairney (knee) and Floyd Ayite (calf) could return after missing last weekend's 3-1 win at Barnsley.

A flurry of late transfer business before Wednesday's deadline gives Forest boss Aitor Karanka a host of decisions to make. A 3-0 home defeat to Preston could see Karanka shuffle his pack, with deadline day signings Ashkan Dejagah, Joe Lolley and the returning Adlene Guedioura all options - although a lack of football could mean the trio need time to get up to speed.

The east midlands outfit also recruited a quartet of loan signings with defender Tobias Figueiredo coming in from Sporting, Costel Pantilimon boosting the goalkeeping options from Watford, Lee Tomlin joining from Cardiff and Newcastle allowing Jack Colback to depart on a temporary deal. Veteran striker Daryl Murphy has yet to feature in 2018 and faces another fitness test.

Opta stats
Fulham haven't won three consecutive league matches against Nottingham Forest since October 1952 (four in a row).

Forest haven't ended on the losing side in both league matches against Fulham in a season since 2000/01, during which Fulham were promoted to the Premier League.

The Cottagers have won six of their last seven league games (D1), including each of the last four; they last won five or more in a row under Jean Tigana's stewardship (12 successive wins).

Forest have failed to score in five of their last six Championship games, although they won their last away game against current league leaders Wolves.

Fulham have scored a goal in the 88th minute or later in each of their last three Championship outings, winning with 90th minute goals against both Barnsley and Middlesbrough.

Indeed, Fulham have won 13 points from losing positions; two more points than any other Championship side.

Prutton's prediction

Fulham are the form team in the Championship right now and they're showing no signs of slowing down in their pursuit of promotion. If they keep going the way they are then they'll be threatening the top two sooner or later as well.

Nottingham Forest were dismantled by Preston in midweek and they look like they're lacking in confidence at the moment. Strange things can happen in this league but this is surely three points for Fulham.

David Prutton predicts: 2-0 (15/2 with Sky Bet)

http://www.skysports.com/football/fulham-vs-n-forest/preview/374970

WhiteJC

U18s Host Reading

The Under-18s host Reading on Saturday morning at Motspur Park with kick off at 11am.

The Young Whites will be looking to get back to winning ways after last weekend when they were knocked out of the Premier League Cup in their away trip to Everton with the match finishing 2-0.

The Young Whites have played Reading this season already in the reverse fixture. Fulham ran out convincing 5-2 winners. The match didn't go all their own way as the Young Whites were 2-0 down with the Royals scoring just either side of half-time.

Nicolas Santos-Clase opened the scoring for Fulham before Cameron Thompson scored a hat-trick to secure the win, before Reece York put the final touch on the match.

Fulham are sixth in the table on 20 points and the Royals are third from bottom in 10th in the Premier League South on 11 points. The Young Whites could potentially jump to fourth with a win at the weekend.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/february/02/u18s-host-reading

WhiteJC

Kalas: Good Variety

Tomas Kalas expects Fulham's new additions to give the squad a boost in their quest for promotion.

The Club followed up the signing of Matt Targett with a double swoop on deadline day, as Cyrus Christie and Aleksandar Mitrović arrived in late deals.

Having come up against the latter in their first training session on Thursday, Kalas expects the Serbian striker to offer the Whites something different up top.

"Give them time and I'm sure they will all be good additions to our team, and they will help us on and off the pitch to achieve our targets," he told fulhamfc.com.

"We could see in training yesterday that he likes to hold off the defenders and get the ball into his feet. But I think he can offer even more because he's not a slow player, so we've got loads of variety in attack now.

"In defence as well we've got options, with Matt and Cyrus coming, so we've now got an even stronger squad and hopefully we will get where all of us want to be."

After taking 19 points from a possible 21, the Whites find themselves in the Play-Off places.

That run has seen Fulham collect wins in a variety of ways, from 6-0 triumphs to grinding out victories – something that Kalas believes holds us in good stead.

"We know we're quite strong at the end of games and we can turn results in our favour," he said. "That's one positive, and another positive is when we keep playing patiently – like we did against Burton – we do that well and can get wins that way too.

"Everything is going well at the moment but we need to keep our focus because two bad or unlucky games means our good form will be forgotten.

"We've got in the Play-Offs, even though we were 17th in the middle of November, so it took two months to get there and it would be a waste of energy if we don't keep our spot.

"We're not far from second position either, so it's not just keeping our top-six spot that we're fighting for. Everyone wants to go up automatically so we want to keep climbing."

Nottingham Forest arrive at the Cottage having signed six players on transfer deadline day, and Kalas expects a tough encounter against a side led by one of his former managers.

"It's not going to be easy," he admitted. "They've signed good players, maybe they won't have had that much time to gel but they're still good players so it doesn't mean that they can't perform.

"It will be a hard game, especially as they'll be looking for a reaction after losing at home to Preston, they'll want to make up for it.

"I spent a year-and-a-half in Middlesbrough with Aitor Karanka and it worked well, in the end we got promoted.

"He likes to play organised football which can be very difficult to break through, but if we play our football then I'm sure we'll find a way."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/february/02/tomas-kalas-good-variety

WhiteJC

Tottenham Hotspur plotting summer swoop for Ryan Sessegnon?

Teenage Fulham full-back Ryan Sessegnon has reportedly been added to Tottenham Hotspur's list of transfer targets ahead of the summer window.

Lilywhites boss Mauricio Pochettino strengthened his squad this week by bringing in Brazilian midfielder Lucas Moura from Paris Saint-Germain for £25m.

Spurs are also said to have missed out on a few other players, though, and the London Evening Standard suggests that Pochettino will be busy at the end of the season with potential targets already being lined up.

Sessegnon, who has caught the eye with his attacking displays down the flank at Craven Cottage, is said to be seen as a probable replacement for Danny Rose.

Bordeaux attacker Malcom is still wanted, meanwhile, having failed to agree on a fee last month, and James Maddison of Norwich City is touted as another candidate to come in.

Tottenham are currently fifth in the Premier League, two points adrift of Chelsea in the final Champions League berth.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/transfer-talk/news/spurs-plotting-summer-swoop-for-sessegnon_317771.html

WhiteJC

Luca's England Call Up

Fulham's Academy goalkeeper Luca Ashby-Hammond has been called up by Steve Cooper to the England Under-17 squad, which will be travelling to the Algarve Tournament later this month.

Ashby-Hammond has had an impressive season so far, notably in the Third Round of the FA Youth Cup where his penalty heroics saw the Young Whites through to the next stage of the competition. He saved three and scored the winning goal.

His form has seen him become an important part of Peter Grant's Under-23 match day squad.

The Young Lions face opposition from host nation Portugal, Germany and Netherlands at the annual competition which takes place in and around Faro.

The 21-man squad will head out to Portugal next week to continue their training programme, building up to the Euros which are being held on home soil in May.

As hosts, England automatically qualify for the Finals and with no qualifying rounds to play as a result, this competition is an added bonus for Cooper's group.

They kick-off against Portugal on Friday 9 February at the Sport Park Nora in Ferreiras, before facing Germany two days later at the Algarve Stadium in Almancil.

The competition is rounded-off on Tuesday 13 February, when England face the Dutch at the Algarve Stadium.

Cooper's side have already tested themselves against both Portugal and Germany this season, when they met in a mini-tournament last November.

Goals from Jack Nolan and Bobby Duncan secured a 2-1 win over Germany in Rotherham, while Tommy Doyle, an OG and a late winner from Duncan were enough to seal a thrilling 3-2 victory over Portugal at Chesterfield.

The squad

Goalkeepers

Luca Ashby-Hammond - Fulham

Marcus Dewhurst - Sheffield United

Arthur Okonkwo - Arsenal

Defenders

Ajibola Alese - West Ham United

Luis Binks - Tottenham Hotspur

Dylan Crowe - Ipswich Town

Vontae Daley-Campbell - Arsenal

Ethan Laird - Manchester United

Bukayo Saka - Arsenal

Midfielders

Faustino Anjorin - Chelsea

Trae Coyle - Arsenal

Thomas Doyle - Manchester City

Jimmy Garner - Manchester United

Mason Greenwood - Manchester United

Clinton Mola - Chelsea

Forwards

Xavier Amaechi - Arsenal

Bobby Duncan - Unattached

Tyreece John-Jules - Arsenal

Curtis Jones - Liverpool

Jack Nolan - Reading

Rayhaan Tulloch - West Bromwich Albion

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/february/02/lucas-england-call-up

WhiteJC

Reputable journalist makes admission that may worry Fulham fans

Fulham have been searching for a reliable striker to finish the flurry of chances constantly created by their passing football and outstanding creative players for the past two seasons.

The latest man to be brought in to fill the breach is Newcastle United loanee Aleksandar Mitrović, who joined the Cottagers on transfer deadline day.

He has brought about no shortage of excitement at the West London club. He is an international striker, playing under his countryman Slavisa Jokanovic, with his eye on a place at this summer's World Cup.

That all adds up to an enticing prospect for Fulham, who are already just inside the play-off places and playing the kind of football that makes you think they're only going in one direction.

However, Lee Ryder, the Chief Sports Writer for the Newcastle Chronicle has a word of warning for the excited Fulham fans.

He has revealed that the reason that Mitrovic has not been playing at Newcastle, and was let go by a club struggling for firepower is that he does not perform well enough in training.

He wrote: "The coaching staff could see that Gayle, Joselu and Perez were outperforming Mitrovic – who was also banned at the start of the season – and told all players that statistics Monday-Friday would determine who plays at the weekend.

"It hasn't been just Benitez's decision alone to leave out Mitrovic. The Toon boss asked every member of his coaching staff to give an opinion and they all felt that [Mitrovic] needed to work harder during the week to justify his selection."

The Verdict

I still expect Mitrovic to be a success at Fulham but their fans would be wise to consider why a team that is so short on goals would let an international striker leave without getting any money in.

Mitrovic's attitude problems are well documented and although Jokanovic will fancy his chances of getting the message across to his compatriot, there is a risk that he will prove to be more trouble than he is worth.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/reputable-journalist-makes-admission-that-may-worry-fulham-fans/

WhiteJC

Nottingham Forest In Focus

Take a look at the important matchday information as Fulham aim to make it five consecutive wins when we welcome Nottingham Forest to the Cottage.

Possible opposition absentees

Daryl Murphy - rib injury
Tickets

Tickets for this fixture are now limited, so act fast if you want to be there to see Fulham try and secure a fifth consecutive league victory! Advance prices start from £25 adults and £15 juniors.
Weather

It will be overcast but hopefully dry in Fulham on Saturday, but chilly with temperatures around five degrees.
Pre-match

Fans can pick up a pint of Carlsberg or Somersby for £3.50 (usually £4.80) up until 2pm in the Hammersmith, Riverside and Johnny Haynes Stands.
He said...

"Fulham are one of the best teams in the league, they have a very good manager who knows the league. It is going to be a tough game but I don't care about them or any opponents." – Aitor Karanka, Nottingham Forest manager.
Live stream

Overseas subscribers to fulhamfctv will be able to watch a live stream of this game. Follow this link for all available packages, and head to www.fulhamfc.com/live from 2.30pm (GMT) to view..
Grosvenor Casinos match odds

Fulham: 4/7

Draw: 3/1

Nottingham Forest: 9/2
Previous five results

Nottingham Forest 0-3 Preston North End (Championship)

Hull City 2-1 Nottingham Forest (FA Cup)

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-2 Nottingham Forest (Championship)

Nottingham Forest 0-1 Aston Villa (Championship)

Nottingham Forest 4-2 Arsenal (FA Cup)

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/february/02/nottingham-forest-in-focus

WhiteJC

Inside Scoop

We caught up with Simon Peach (Chief Football Writer at the Press Association and Southampton fan), Jonathon Taylor (Boro Writer at the Gazette), and Lee Ryder (Chief Sports Writer at the Newcastle Chronicle) to get the inside scoop on Fulham's January arrivals.

With Ryan Bertrand ahead of him, how important is it for Matt Targett to get some regular game time?

SP: This is an important stage in Targett's career. He made his Saints debut at the start of 2014/15 and has looked assured more often than not when given the opportunity, but has understandably found game time hard to come by thanks in no small part to having an England international ahead of him.
Cyrus Christie's signing was pretty under the radar – was it a surprise for you?

JT: Yes, I'd say the general reaction on Teesside was a mixture of surprise and disappointment. After all, Christie was a mainstay in the Boro XI and arguably the club's Player of the Season under Garry Monk. He hit the ground running following his summer move from Derby and appeared to be enjoying a new lease of life on Teesside. There's no doubt that Tony Pulis' arrival was a watershed moment in his short-lived time in the North-East, though. It became clear reasonably quickly that Ryan Shotton - a player Pulis knows all about from his Stoke days - was going to be his first choice.

For Christie, he will no doubt have felt aggrieved that he was dropped so quickly under the new regime. While Boro's results have been inconsistent all season, you'd be hard-pushed to suggest he was one of the weakest links in the team. Christie is too good a footballer not to be playing week-in, week-out. I can understand why the move to Fulham was an attractive one for him - especially if he felt he had little chance of breaking back into the Boro fold.

Were you surprised to see Aleksandar Mitrović join Fulham on deadline day?

LR: It looked for a long time that Mitrović's only way out of Newcastle would be to a club in Europe as Rafa Benitez made it clear he wouldn't be playing in the Premier League against Newcastle this season. But fair play to Fulham, they read the situation and acted calmly on deadline day to get their man. Slaviša Jokanović clearly knows the player well and will feel he can bring the best out of him - something we have seen in glimpses at Newcastle.
What sort of qualities will these players bring to the Fulham team?

SP: As mentioned, Targett is a steady presence but one that isn't afraid to go forwards. Confident on the ball and solid defensively, he is also capable of decent crosses - albeit he needs to do so more consistently.

JT: Christie is a modern day attacking full-back who provides great pace and drive from deep. His ability to cross a ball into good areas was something we saw a lot during his time at Boro. His first instinct is always to get beyond his man, offer attacking impetus and look to create something in the opposition box. At 25, his best years are almost certain to be ahead of him, yet he has already accumulated a huge amount of experience in the Football League.

LR: Mitrović will certainly bring Fulham some presence in the final third, but he needs other players to link up well with him. He's strong in the air but needs to keep his cool as he can be rattled by opponents. As far as goals are concerned he has not been a prolific scorer for Newcastle, but that said, he knows he will need goals to propel himself on to the football map again if he wants to ensure he heads to Russia in good form. I spoke to him in pre-season in Ireland and he said then what a big season this was for him because of the World Cup, so he has a lot of work to do to catch up.
Do you think it'll be a good fit at Fulham?

SP: He should be, yes, both in terms of personality and style. Southampton will certainly be hoping Targett blossoms with regular football.

LR: Mitro is a player who thrives from good service and the truth is Newcastle have been a defensive side this season. Sometimes when Mitrović has been sent on the team have already been beaten. Any striker benefits from good form so this will be an interesting test for Mitrović.

Christie and Ryan Fredericks are quite similar players – good competition or can you see one playing further forward?

JT: It's a nice problem for Slaviša Jokanović to have. Fredericks is another player well-known to us in the North-East, following his loan spell at Boro in 2014/15, and he has developed into one of the outstanding full-backs outside of the top-flight. Christie will be hard-pushed to dislodge him, yet the pair both seem to have plenty of versatility.

From what I've seen of Christie in a Boro shirt, there's no reason why he wouldn't be able to play further forward as a winger. Attacking seems to be the strongest part of his game, his delivery is excellent - so why not?
How do you see Fulham faring this season with the new additions?

SP: Given the current run of form and the eye-catching deadline-day signings, promotion looks a realistic target. An automatic spot is not out of the question and after last season I am sure everybody at Craven Cottage will be hoping to avoid the Play-Offs.

JT: Looking at all of the deals up and down the Championship, I think Fulham's business has been as impressive as anybody's in the division. Christie offers another option to Jokanović, along with Matt Targett on the other side, and there's been a feeling all season with Fulham that they're perhaps just one striker away from being a real force. Aleksandar Mitrović may be that player, somebody who has a point to prove after his time on the Newcastle fringes, but who has shown - particularly on the international stage - that he's a player with clear potential. So I expect Fulham to be scrapping for a Play-Off place, along with Boro, and plenty of other sides. It looks like it will be one of the fiercest and most exciting top-six scraps for a long time.

LR: Looking at the table now, I think Mitrović will help Fulham secure a Play-Off slot. Wolves won't be caught in my opinion and the tussle of second will be between Villa and Derby. I think he will get a few goals and then it will be down to the promotion shoot-out that excites the neutral so much - the Play-Offs.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/february/02/inside-scoop

WhiteJC

Report hints at reason for Middlesbrough's deadline day exodus

Middlesbrough boss Tony Pulis has spoken out regarding the club's Deadline Day dealings.

As reported by Gazette Live, Middlesbrough manager Tony Pulis has suggested that the mass departures on deadline day, and more specifically the departures Cyrus Christie and Martin Braithwaite, were due to them being desperate for a move away from the club.

Both Christie and Braithwaite were once considered to be first-team regulars for the promotion-chasing side, however, over time it appears as if they both grew tired of playing for the North East club.

Christie was much more favoured by former boss Garry Monk than Pulis, meanwhile, the once-promising Braithwaite has found himself back on a plane to France after a six-month spell that was less than inspiring at Riverside.

According to the report, Pulis did not directly name neither player, although he did claim that he feels players should only be at the club if they truly want to be there. He appeared to be flabbergasted by individuals who could not wait to move elsewhere, which makes sense given that Boro are still well within the hunt for a place in the play-offs.

Ashley Fletcher and Adlene Guedioura were two other members of the squad who left the club on deadline day, although fans had already begun to prepare themselves for that.

Following on from these moves it seems as if the confidence in gaining promotion from Boro fans has dwindled, with a poll on Gazette Live's website suggesting that 72% of supporters are now less confident about reaching the Premier League than they were at the start of January.

That may come as a surprise given that Middlesbrough are just three points off Fulham in sixth, although they have won just two of their last five league games which includes a loss to the aforementioned Cottagers on January 13.

Pulis will attempt to steer the ship back on course, starting with a difficult trip to Carrow Road this weekend to face Norwich City.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/02/hk-tony-pulis-hints-at-reason-for-deadline-day-exodus/

WhiteJC

Fulham squad numbers: Here's what numbers the side will be wearing until the end of the season

After all the incomings and outgoings at the club - here's what squad number each player will be wearing until the end of the season

Fulham added three new faces in the January transfer window, which means three new squad numbers as the side enter the last half of the Championship season.

Matt Targett, Cyrus Christie and Aleksandar Mitrovic were all brought in by the club as they look to challenge for a top two finish after a run of six wins and one draw in their last seven games.

That form has seen them break into the play-off places and the target now is to stay there, while at the same time try and catch Derby, who currently occupy that final automatic spot.

Here's the definitive list of what number every Fulham player will be wearing this season:

1. Marcus Bettinelli

27. David Button

2. Ryan Fredericks

3. Ryan Sessegnon

4. Denis Odoi

13. Tim Ream

21. Matt Targett

22. Cyrus Christie

23. Marcelo Djalo

26. Tomas Kalas

6. Kevin McDonald

7. Neeskens Kebano

8. Stefan Johansen

10. Tom Cairney

16. Oliver Norwood

44. Ibrahima Cisse

9. Rui Fonte

11. Floyd Ayite

19. Sheyi Ojo

20. Lucas Piazon

32. Aleksandar Mitrovic

47. Aboubakar Kamara

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-squad-numbers-heres-what-14236915