watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (09/02/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 09, 2018, 06:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Ryan Sessegnon: The player of the year in waiting wanted by Spurs, Liverpool & Manchester United

Fulham defender Ryan Sessegnon is tearing things up in the Championship

No matter the league or the standard, a team gunning for promotion needs a talisman to lead the way, someone like Andy Johnson, Anthony Knockaert or Kevin Phillips. Of course, they are not easy to come by, but in Ryan Sessegnon, Fulham are hoping they have found theirs.

Already boasting 11 goals and four assists this season, Sessegnon was named the Championship player of the month for January. His speed and agility has been a terror to opposing backlines as he opens up defences and creates opportunities for his teammates. Oh, and in case you didn't know, he's a 17-year-old left-back.

It's not often that your star player is a full-back. The most prominent example would be Dani Alves' time at Sevilla when the Brazilian was their most important player in all phases of play, captaining them to five trophies - including two Uefa Cups - before moving to Barcelona.

The Cottagers can only dream of Sessegnon having such an impact on the club, so perhaps a more realistic comparison is Seamus Coleman, who is doubtless the most important player in the Republic of Ireland team when he plays.

For the first half of the campaign though, Sessegnon did not have this impact. Fulham floundered through games, struggling to recapture the form that catapulted them into the playoffs in 2017.

It wasn't until the Sheffield United game that his season came alive. Until that November night he had just scored one goal, but he would go on to get a hat-trick in a thrilling 5-4 away win.

Ryan Sessegnon in action for Fulham against Tottenham Hotspur in the FA Cup last season (Photo by Clive Rose/Getty Images)

Fulham-ish

Despite the positive result, the game showed up weaknesses in Fulham's game. Always capable of scoring several times, their defence is just as capable of letting them down on the other end. A patchy run of form followed, including a 1-0 loss at the Stadium of Light - Sunderland's first and only home win of 2017. It was, as whites fans would say, very Fulham-ish.

Up to this point, Fulham hadn't found their talisman yet. Tom Cairney - who held that mantle last season during a breakout year in the number ten role, captaining the side during their incredible late surge into the playoff places - has been sidelined with injury for much of the campaign. Even when he has been fit, the Scottish international has failed to make much of a meaningful impact.

The team found it tough plugging the creative gaps left by Cairney and as a result of the sales of Sone Aluko and Scott Malone. Each player had their flaws and it was understandable the club would sell given the money offered.

But their contribution to chance creation had been massive and not readily replaceable. All of a sudden the previous season's highest scoring team in the Championship were finding it hard to locate the net.

Best Position

Fulham fans chuckle somewhat whenever Sessegnon is referred to as a full-back. Of the 30 games already played this season, he has featured on the wing or in the wide forward position on 11 occasions. In the other 19 he has been a full-back in name only, tearing down the left hand side like it's nobody's business.

Despite the clear potential that Sessegnon had in front of goal during that game at Bramall Lane, the problems at the back were causing real issues and hampered the youngster's efforts to get forward.

Slavisa Jokanovic opted to play Denis Odoi at left-back to give the team a solid presence behind the boy wonder, handing Sessegnon the freedom to get down the line and attack. The signing of Matt Targett on a six month loan from Southampton seems to confirm that the teenager will no longer find himself in the back four this season.

The manager's efforts to play him further up the field has reaped major dividends: Fulham have a 100% record in their five league games thus far in 2018 and are unbeaten in the nine games since losing to the Black Cats. Shooting right up to fifth in the table, the Cottagers are back in the play-off spots and just six points off the automatic promotion places.

Ryan Sessegnon celebrates scoring his sides fifth goal against Burton Albion (Image: Jordan Mansfield/Getty Images)

Team Player

Sessegnon's individual brilliance has brought him and this team a long way. Though he is known for his speed and agility, he is not a player who overly depends on his pace, as many inexperienced footballers do. You will rarely find him caught out of position or having to make a 50 yard dash to protect his own goal.

The Fulham defender's greatest quality is arguably his instinct. He knows when to press and when to hold off, when to push outside and when to move inside. But most of all, he always finds himself in the right place for a goal opportunity.

While Aluko fit well into the Fulham system last year, mostly playing as a shadow striker providing for others, he would too often spurn chances in front of goal after finding himself in a great position. Sess has no such problem, scoring some gorgeous goals from all angles, with his first in that hat-trick against Sheffield United being a prime example, though the majority of his goals are tap-ins.

Sessegnon's individuality has helped Fulham unlock defences, but he has also slotted well into the team's possession based style of play. When opponents play it out wide, he is quick to press so a teammate can help win it back. His speed creates a natural press high up the pitch, which can lead to scoring opportunities on quick turnovers.

What the summer holds

As the man of the match performances mount, so too has the speculation of a move away from Craven Cottage. Tottenham Hotspur, Liverpool and even Manchester United have been linked with the teenager.

Premier League clubs spend millions hunting all over the world for the next big attacking full-back but the answer could be right under their noses, here in London.

If that is the level of club after Sessegnon, then the question must be asked: is he good enough to be on the plane to Russia this summer? And what would that kind of a spotlight do for his chances of a big-money move?

Ryan Sessegnon on England U19 duty

Sessegnon has the potential to go very far in this sport, but he still has some rough edges that need to be smoothed out. No professional footballer was ever at their best before they reached 18 but there is precedent here for prodigious talent going to major tournaments.

Wayne Rooney went to Euro 2004 at a similar age, tearing it up on the pitches in Portugal, while Marcus Rashford was one of the better English performers at Euro 2016 at the age of 18.

Looking at the England squad, it is difficult to imagine Sess getting in ahead of either Danny Rose or Ryan Bertrand but an injury to either could blow the door wide open. When you consider alternatives available to Gareth Southgate this summer - Charlie Daniels, Luke Shaw, Kieran Gibbs, Aaron Cresswell, Ashley Young and Leighton Baines - why wouldn't you take a chance on a talent like Sessegnon?

After all, he's not just the best player in south west London - he's probably the best player in the entire Championship right now.

https://www.football.london/championship/ryan-sessegnon-fulham-left-back-14263587

WhiteJC

Match Preview: Bolton vs Fulham – Who will come out on top this weekend?

Analysing Bolton vs Fulham – Who will come out on top this weekend?

Fulham look to extend their 4-match unbeaten run when they travel north to face Bolton this weekend, who themselves managed a morale-boosting victory over Bristol City last Friday. These teams' ambitions are at opposite ends of the scale, with Fulham in with a chance of promotion and Bolton just desperate to stay in the division.

Although it could be said that this game is a foregone conclusion, the Bolton vs Bristol City game last week proved the old adage that anyone can beat anyone in the Championship. Fulham will be wary of coming up against a Bolton side that has taken points off teams like Sheffield United and Cardiff very recently.

Slavisa Jokanovic in recent weeks has got Fulham playing like the promotion candidate many predicted they would be at the start of the season. With Tom Cairney likely to return to the starting lineup and new signing Aleksandar Mitrovic making a fine start to his Fulham career, they have a wealth of options on the pitch that Bolton fans can only dream of. Fulham have the chance to close the gap to the automatic promotion places to just 3 points and put the pressure on those above them.

Bolton, on the other hand, have 3 wins in their last 5 games and are in a good position to survive the drop under manager Phil Parkinson. They were expected to struggle with the loss of star striker Gary Madine but the performances of Sammy Ameobi and Zach Clough have so far meant that the talismanic striker has not been missed.

Bolton are hard to beat at home and will be looking to close down the space and force Fulham to try and play around them. They showed against Bristol City that they can launch excellent counter-attacks and will be looking to hit Fulham on the break.

The form of these two teams means we should be in for an exciting game at the Macron Stadium but it is more likely that the away side will be able to continue their good form rather than the home side. For Fulham, this game is a test of their promotion credentials. If they wish to go up this season, they need to get wins from games like these, and on the other hand for Bolton, any kind of result would be a bonus in their quest to stay in the division.

https://soccersouls.com/2018/02/09/analysing-bolton-vs-fulham-who-will-come-out-on-top-this-weekend/

WhiteJC

Why this Newcastle star on loan at Fulham could fire the latter to Premier League promotion

Why Aleksandar Mitrovic will be Fulham's key in the race for Premier League promotion

Newcastle United forward Aleksandar Mitrovic joined Championship side Fulham in a dramatic last-minute January transfer deal and he could just be what they need in order to finish the season on a strong note. Although the player was expected to return to his former club Anderlecht, he decided to embark on a temporary move instead. It is understood that Mitrovic really wants to make his career with Newcastle work even though things have not been all that encouraging so far.

Regardless, Mitrovic will be looking to make the most of this opportunity and sharpen his skills further. Fulham are currently in 5th place with 51 points and as the season comes to a close, they will be hoping to make a strong challenge for a spot in the top-flight. To that end, having a player of Premier League pedigree can massively boost their chances for the remaining half of the season.

At their very core, Fulham are known to be a team with a style involving a lot of speed, direct attacking runs and a willingness to shoot the ball into the box at every little chance. Mitrovic can thrive in an environment like that. Although they have been blessed with gems like Ryan Sessegnon and Tom Cairney, the club has been crying out for an out-and-out striker who can just come in and score goals on any given occasion.

There is no doubt that this move will greatly fuel Mitrovic's chances of securing a World Cup spot while also ensuring his Newcastle future is secure. The Championship is likely to provide him with a greater platform to show everybody what he is truly capable of. Mitrovic is someone who wears his heart on his sleeve. His passion, attitude and unpredictability have made him a fan favourite for the Magpies but it will be interesting to see if he can win the fans over at Fulham as well.

The player did come on and make his debut in Fulham's recent game against Nottingham Forest and the early signs were quite encouraging even if he did not score a goal. From here on, it will be extremely vital for Mitrovic to score goals for a team like Fulham.

Given their high rate of chance creation, they can get to newer levels if the Serbian gets going. Aboubakar Kamara and Rui Fonte have not been consistent enough and the fact that Fulham have brought in Matt Targett will allow Sessegnon to play up front as well, thus providing more scope for goals.

https://soccersouls.com/2018/02/09/why-this-newcastle-star-on-loan-at-fulham-could-fire-the-latter-to-premier-league-promotion/

WhiteJC

McDonald – 'I'm just doing my job for the team'
by Dan on February 9, 2018

Kevin McDonald isn't bothered by the fact that he doesn't gain as many plaudits as his midfield partners – and will be happy to eschew the limelight if Fulham can turn their outstanding run of form into a place in the Premier League at the end of May.

The Scottish schemer has been an integral part of Slavisa Jokanovic's side since moving to London from Wolves in August 2016 and fully appreciates that the finer arts of his holding midfield role don't write as many newspaper headlines as the goalscoring exploits of Tom Cairney or Stefan Johansen. The former Sheffield United man recognises his role in the Fulham midfielder and told GetWestLondon's Ryan O'Donovan that mastering that deeper position has been key to his success in the capital.

I don't mind that. I've never been one that is going to bang in ten goals a season, that's life – it's never been me and it never will be but I try to set myself targets to get a few goals per season.

Put it this way, if TC [Tom Cairney], Stef[an Johansen] and Ollie [Norwood] get ten goals each, they don't need me to get ten, they've got the strikers as well so I'm happy to chip in whenever, whether it's an overhead kick on the line or whatever, it's one of them. I don't mind being the so-called unsung hero, I'm there to do a job for my team and want to do well for myself and the team.

The centre of the pitch is a massive part of any team and I think if we control the tempo of the games and we win that battle first it gives the others confidence to go and do their thing. We've got a really good mixture of players in that midfield three/four just now as it is, you've got Ollie whose brought a bit of everything, he's a mix between me, TC and Stef and he's got it all between him.

McDonald admitted to being frustrated in the early months of the season as Fulham failed to take their all-conquering form that took them into the top six to the new campaign, but admitted he would prefer to end the season strongly than drop like a stone as the finishing line approached.

I'm sure there's a reason for it but I'm not too sure, it was exactly the same as last season and I think it takes us time to get going but you can't really use that as an excuse if you ask me. It's football, you don't get time to get going, you have pre-season and then that's you for 46 games.

I would think that it seems to be one of those things, I'm sure other teams start good and finish bad, I'm sure that happens but it seems to me that I'd rather it worked this way – I'd rather start slow but finish off really good so hopefully it continues.

He also praised Stefan Johansen's constant quest to make things happen in the Fulham midfield – acknowledging that the Norwegian had struggled during the autumn, but shared the fans' delight that the former Celtic midfielder has now returned to the form that characterised his first year with the club.

I think the false nine was due to the manager not being too sure what way to set up the team, so I think Stefan was put there just as a temporary thing, I don't think anyone had a long term plan for him to play there. He's back in a position where he should be and he's really starting to find a bit of form, he's not scored as many goals this season, but there's still plenty of time left and he'll be a massive player for us for the last few games.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/02/mcdonald-im-just-doing-my-job-for-the-team/

WhiteJC

Bolton's Sammy Ameobi backed to steal spotlight from Fulham wonderkid

PHIL Parkinson is looking to Sammy Ameobi to take control of the spotlight against Fulham.

Moved front and centre against Bristol City after spending most of the season on the wing, the former Newcastle United striker thrilled Wanderers' fans with a virtuoso display against Bristol City last time out.

And though the focus tomorrow may be on Fulham's exciting youngster Ryan Sessegnon, who has six goals in his last six games, Parkinson has backed his man to continue his rich vein of form.

"Sessegnon is a great talent," said the Bolton boss. "But I have to say, I think Sammy did great against him down at Craven Cottage. He rose to the challenge playing against a player the country has been talking about.

"Sammy wants to make sure they are talking about him after the game – as they did on Friday night against Bristol City.

"I think he has improved such a lot, physically. We brought him off in that game because he was shattered, he'd physically cramped up. But we look at him now and did some physical work ahead of the Bristol game and he was right at the front of it.

"I think he's in the best shape of his career, and I think you could ask him that, and the goal typified that."

Wanderers led 1-0 against Fulham until a Tom Cairney goal deep into stoppage time salvaged a point for the Londoners and ensured the wait for a league win at Craven Cottage stretched to a 26th year.

It had been tough luck for Parkinson's men, who had defended doggedly and had chances to put the result way beyond doubt.

Parkinson reviewed the game this week and feels his side can learn a lesson.

"We were delighted with the way the lads set about their business down there," he said. "The key was we couldn't get the second goal.

"I watched the game the other day and Adam Armstrong had about three chances. We'd said at half time 'go on, get that goal, you can kill the game off.'

"Fulham have got that ability to wear you down, pass you out of the game, and they got the equaliser in the end. But it was a very good away performance."

Much has been made of Parkinson's potential tactical re-shuffle in the light of Gary Madine's departure, but the manager believes his squad can cope with a slight shift in the style of play.

Backing midfielders like Josh Vela, Karl Henry and Derik Osede to identify the different demands of a new-look attack, the Whites boss is confident there is enough intelligence in the middle of the park to match Fulham.

"We have got some good technical players but like I have said many times, football is about playing the way which suits the players available to you," he said.

"If you have got Gary Madine then he needs balls dropped into his chest, because he is a great platform to play off. If you don't do that, you might as well not have him in the team.

"I always think the midfield players have to take that by the scruff of the neck and look at the players ahead of them. They need to ask what are their strengths?

"If you can identify who is playing with you and supply the kind of passes which will benefit them then there's a good chance they will play well.

"We know Fulham's two centre-backs are going to see a lot of the ball. We'll have to be patient, but equally the other night we got more belief and calmness when we got hold of the ball. That was good to see.

"Fulham are a team which can leave itself exposed. When you win back possession you have to have that degree of calmness to get that first pass off.

"If you can, then we have got players who will cause them problems."

Wanderers shifted back to a three-man defence against Bristol City and look set to stick with the same system tomorrow. But Parkinson says there will be an element of flexibility between now and the end of the campaign.

"Realistically we won't be playing three or four at the back for the rest of the season, it'll be a case of looking at the opposition," he said. "We did that last year. Fulham will play in a similar way to Bristol City, maybe over-play a bit more around the penalty box, but they are a team we have to respect. Football's about trying to get the balance so you feel secure but also that your opposition has something to worry about."

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/15983465.Ameobi_can_grab_headlines_ahead_of_Fulham_danger_man_Sessegnon__says_Parkinson/

WhiteJC

Bolton's Mark Beevers fires warning to high-flying Fulham

MARK Beevers stoked the flames for Saturday's visit of high-flying Fulham, warning Wanderers opponents: "You won't pass us off the park!"

No team in the Championship has enjoyed as much possession as Slavisa Jokanovic's side, currently sitting fifth in the table.

Fulham have won their last five league games but Whites defender Beevers insists they will not be allowed to have things their own way at the Macron – with Phil Parkinson's side fired-up to build on last week's win over Bristol City.

"I think we're a team that shouldn't or won't allow a team to come to our stadium and pass us off the park," he told The Bolton News.

"Fans don't want to see that and we definitely don't want to see that because it means more running for us.

"We need to get in their faces from the first minute, not allow them to stroke it around, get our tackles in and ruffle a few feathers – we know we have got some quality to nick us that goal."

Wanderers have been pigeon-holed as one of the Championship's more direct teams but since losing target man Gary Madine to Cardiff City on deadline day, have had to adapt their strategy.

Beevers reckons there is enough flexibility in the squad to cope.

"People have us down as a team who plays a certain way but let them think that. I know we've got players who can adapt to different systems," he said.

"I'm not going to stand here and say we won't miss Gaz – on and off the pitch - but the manager has brought in new players and we've got to get on with it.

"Anyway, it's nice to know teams think we're one-dimensional. We can catch them by surprise that way."

Will Buckley is likely to miss tomorrow's game with a minor hamstring problem, and Stephen Darby may also have to sit out after splitting his head open in a training ground collision on Thursday.

Aaron Wilbraham is nursing a calf strain and Reece Burke may also be rested as he recovers from a back complaint.

Beevers knows Fulham will start tomorrow's game as odds-on favourites but believes the underdog tag has suited Bolton this season.

"We have surprised a few people, especially at home," he said. "We don't mind if people want to big up opponents, we'll just get on with our jobs like we did against Bristol City."

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/15983461.Fulham_won__39_t_pass_us_off_the_park__roars_Wanderers_defender_Beevers/

WhiteJC

Fulham wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon named Player of the Month but Slavisa Jokanovic misses out

The 17-year-old scored six goals in four games as Fulham claimed a 100% record - but Jokanovic misses out on the Manager of the Month award

Ryan Sessegnon has been named Championship Player of the Month for January, but Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has missed out on the Manager accolade.

Six goals in four games has seen the 17-year-old win the gong for his performances, but Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce has pipped Jokanovic to the Manager of the Month award after both teams had 100% records in the month.

Sessegnon went up against Daniel Ayala of Middlesbrough, Scott Hogan of Villa and James Maddison of Norwich, but the judges picked the Fulham man on the basis of his performances this month.

Meanwhile, Bruce's haul of 12 points with just one goal conceded was enough for him to pip Jokanovic to the award, who oversaw Fulham ending the month with a 14-2 goal difference.

Fulham manager Jokanovic said: "Ryan has shown his talent and desire and deserves the award for January.

"He is a young player with a very big future and is an important member of our team.

"Winning this award provides recognition for the good work he and the team have done so far and I expect he will continue to show his skill and qualities to help us for the rest of the season."

Sessegnon said: "It's a great feeling to be named the Championship Player of the Month but I think it's credit to the team and the way we've all been playing in January, which has allowed me to get this award. It's an amazing feeling.

"It's been down to the gaffer playing me in a higher position allowing me to play further forward and scoring more and creating more goals. At this minute, I'm liking my role further up the pitch with the ability to contribute goals and assists."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-wonderkid-ryan-sessegnon-named-14264421

WhiteJC

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce and Fulham defender Ryan Sessegnon win Sky Bet Championship January awards

Aston Villa head coach Steve Bruce has been named the Sky Bet Championship Manager of the Month for January.

Never one to worry about the doubters, Bruce's tactical nous and organisational skills helped Villa land a maximum 12-point haul from four games and move up to third in the Championship, conceding just a single goal in the process.

Aston Villa assistant manager Colin Calderwood, who picked up the award on Bruce's behalf, said: "We've had some tough games in Bristol City and Sheffield United, teams in around us, and the importance of those games brought us to a new level of performance.

"We had difficult moments in those two games especially but we ended up coming out with positive results and I think it's that type of thing that helps get runs going. Our performance level has been good but the quality of our goals has been excellent. "

Fulham winger Ryan Sessegnon has been named the Sky Bet Championship Player of the Month for January. Flitting between left-back and the left side of midfield, sometimes in the same match, is no problem for the precocious 17-year-old.

Sessegnon said: "It's a great feeling to be named the Championship Player of the Month but I think it's credit to the team and the way we've all been playing in January, which has allowed me to get this award. It's an amazing feeling.

"It's been down to the gaffer playing me in a higher position allowing me to play further forward and scoring more and creating more goals. At this minute, I'm liking my role further up the pitch with the ability to contribute goals and assists."

Ryan Sessegnon has won the Sky Bet Championship Player of the Month award for January

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11240013/aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-and-fulham-defender-ryan-sessegnon-win-sky-bet-championship-january-awards

WhiteJC

Sess Named Player of the Month

Ryan Sessegnon has been named Sky Bet Championship Player of the Month for January.

The award is his second of that nature in three days, after he was voted PFA Player of the Month on Wednesday.

Sessegnon enjoyed the finest goal scoring run of his career last month, notching six times in four matches, two more than any other player in the division – a statistic all the more remarkable when you consider he started two of his four matches at left-back.

He got off the mark for the month with a brace in our first match of the calendar year against Ipswich Town, as he and Aboubakar Kamara twice took it in turns to score as Fulham came from behind to record a 4-1 victory.

There was no goal in our next league outing but Sessegnon was lively nonetheless in our excellent 1-0 win up at Middlesbrough, before notching a pair of near identical goals in the 6-0 triumph over Burton Albion back at Craven Cottage.

His efforts at Barnsley in our final January outing were absolutely crucial, hitting an equaliser soon after the restart before sealing the three points in stoppage time having sprinted half the length of the pitch to get on the end of Neeskens Kebano's cross.

"January has been a great month for everyone in the team and at the Club," Sessegnon told fulhamfctv. "A 100 per cent record in January is brilliant. Any player would obviously be proud to receive an award like this."

Slaviša Jokanović was also up for the Manager of the Month award, but was beaten to the accolade by Aston Villa's Steve Bruce.

Follow this link for the full exclusive interview with January Player of the Month Ryan Sessegnon.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/february/09/ryan-sessegnon-named-championship-player-of-the-month

WhiteJC

Player of the Month: Ryan Sessegnon - Fulham

Fulham winger Ryan Sessegnon has been named the Sky Bet Championship Player of the Month for January.

Flitting between left-back and the left side of midfield, sometimes in the same match, is no problem for the precocious 17-year-old.

Sessegnon has an uncanny feel for where the ball will drop in the area, as witnessed by his six goals in four games.

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic said: "Ryan has shown his talent and desire and deserves the award for January.

"He is a young player with a very big future and is an important member of our team.

"Winning this award provides recognition for the good work he and the team have done so far and I expect he will continue to show his skill and qualities to help us for the rest of the season."

Sky Sports' EFL pundit Don Goodman said: "It's not often you get as precocious a talent as Ryan in football and the EFL is once again proving what a great hotbed it can be for young English players to flourish.

"The way Slavisa Jokanovic has incorporated the 17-year-old into the first team is as impressive as the way that Ryan has taken his opportunity and his form in January has mirrored the club's in general."

Sky Bet EFL trader Mikey Mumford said: "Sessegnon is equally adept at left back and on the left side of midfield and we forget just how young he still is at 17.

"His braces in high margin victories over Ipswich, Burton and Barnsley were complimented by the clean sheet at Middlesbrough when a defensive reshuffle meant he reverted back to his customary left-back role.

"Those goals took his seasonal tally to 11 goals in the Championship this term. Only Diogo Jota, Albert Adomah and Jarrod Bowen can equal or better that output from midfield."

The judging panel for the Sky Bet Player of the Month comprises Sky Sports' EFL expert Don Goodman; EFL Communications Director Mark Rowan, League Managers' Association Director Olaf Dixon and Sky Bet EFL trader Mikey Mumford.

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/february/player-of-the-month-ryan-sessegnon---fulham/