watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rui Fonte

Started by jojo1990, February 11, 2018, 07:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo1990

I really cant see why Fonte starts, hes bringing absolutly nothing right now. Kamara for me should be our starting Striker with Mitro the Sub. Fonte isnt on the Level and Kamara have a lot pace and strength.

Yesterday wasnt that bad, we had our chances and a Point away is always good.

COYW!

BedsFFC

I still find it odd why people think speed and strength are superior assets than skill and brains.
I'm not trying to change people's opinion because I think they just like a player who has these assets but all i would say is look at the bigger picture.

That's what our manager has to do. Fonte is a class player who is great for the team.

Just remember.  We are the 2nd highest scoring team in the league. Just 4 goals less than wolves.

Kamara and mitrovic played a whole half yesterday and we lost that half 1-0.

Cairney and Fonte would create so many chances for the rest of the team. Its frustrating they havent had a chance to get a run going .

What kamara gives us is a diffrent option. He will get better. I like him at the moment as a plan b

Jonaldiniho 88

Fonte with the only assist of the game.

ffcne

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on February 11, 2018, 08:08:37 AM
Fonte with the only assist of the game.
Got that wrong mate. Piazon

ffcne

Quote from: BedsFFC on February 11, 2018, 07:40:18 AM
I still find it odd why people think speed and strength are superior assets than skill and brains.
I'm not trying to change people's opinion because I think they just like a player who has these assets but all i would say is look at the bigger picture.

That's what our manager has to do. Fonte is a class player who is great for the team.

Just remember.  We are the 2nd highest scoring team in the league. Just 4 goals less than wolves.

Cairney and Fonte would create so many chances for the rest of the team. Its frustrating they havent had a chance to get a run going .

What kamara gives us is a diffrent option. He will get better. I like him at the moment as a plan b
Fonte is there to score goals,assist and have shots ,headers.
On this he fails miserably. Give  him a chance ,How long does he want?

toshes mate

The aim was to get three points from yesterday's game.  That is, I am guessing, the same objective as we have had at the start of every game we have played this season.  We fell short yesterday primarily because an opposition player produced one sublime finish.  It could be argued that we failed to dictate the game after taking an early lead and squandered a few chances along the way, but the reality of football is that on certain days stuff doesn't happen no matter how hard you try to make it do so.  The lads can and will play better as they will show next game. 

But please don't let us get embroiled in looking for scapegoats every time we don't achieve maximum points return.   

VancouverWhite

Quote from: toshes mate on February 11, 2018, 08:28:00 AM
But please don't let us get embroiled in looking for scapegoats every time we don't achieve maximum points return.

Amen 082.gif

BedsFFC

Quote from: ffcne on February 11, 2018, 08:18:47 AM
Quote from: BedsFFC on February 11, 2018, 07:40:18 AM

Fonte is there to score goals,assist and have shots ,headers.
On this he fails miserably. Give  him a chance ,How long does he want?

Yes. You win. How can I possibly counter a post like that. Let him rot in the reserves

colinwhite

agree with toshs mate. We played quite well against a team fighting for their lives . It was abetter performance than barnsley away and if Stefans  shot had gone in instead of hitting the post there would be no discussion.
With regard to Fonte. Piazon and Fonte compliment each other well and we have more control over proceedings whenthey play. kamara has done well but our team play is not quite the same when he comes on, but he does provide other individual  qualities ,which dont. always fit in with the way the team is playing.
I also suspect that when Mitrovic starts starting we are more likely to see ojo on that side other than Piazon.

ffcne

The aim was to get three points from yesterday's game.  That is, I am guessing, the same objective as we have had at the start of every game we have played this season.  We fell short yesterday primarily because an opposition player produced one sublime finish.  It could be argued that we failed to dictate the game after taking an early lead and squandered a few chances along the way, but the reality of football is that on certain days stuff doesn't happen no matter how hard you try to make it do so.  The lads can and will play better as they will show next game. 

Message boards ,forums are all about opinions .
So you cant express your opinion?
Just because it differs from someone else.

BedsFFC

Quote from: ffcne on February 11, 2018, 08:45:12 AM

Message boards ,forums are all about opinions .
So you cant express your opinion?
Just because it differs from someone else.

That's not quite what he's saying though mate, is it?

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: VancouverWhite on February 11, 2018, 08:40:05 AM

Amen 082.gif

:54:

bobbo

Fonte has been hammered on here on more than this occasion, a little unfairly he works extremely hard chases everything he can,but I have to say produces very little. My opinion is he just doesnt fit.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

hovewhite

Some see player's and don't rate them,buts its Slav that picks them and I back his judgement!

gang

Another Brian Ruis, skilful but lightweight.

Facts Not Fiction

Fonte could easily be the creator in midfield that we've missed since Cairney's injury. Shame Jokanovic hasn't given him much of a chance with another ST up top.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: VancouverWhite on February 11, 2018, 08:40:05 AM

Amen 082.gif
Correct.... besides everyone knows if there is someone to blame it's Senderos!!  :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

bigalffc

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on February 11, 2018, 09:37:56 AM
Fonte could easily be the creator in midfield that we've missed since Cairney's injury. Shame Jokanovic hasn't given him much of a chance with another ST up top.
Absolutely agree he is a midfielder, attributes he brings to the game would work well with Mitro up front
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Mullers OG

We're all supporting the same team and all hope for success.  Some players are better than others and each of us will probably have different views about which players are the better ones. 

Personally I rate Fonte as one of our top players.  He has skill and vision.  When he plays we look a much better side.  I don't particularly enjoy watching kick and rush football with a couple of big lumps up front.

MoM yesterday was Fonte until he got taken off and after that we lost rhythm and were pegged back.

jojo1990

I dont say Rui Fonte is a bad Player, i just think he not made for this League. Its not only the Pace from Kamara who makes him Dangerouse. I think he made a huge step also with the ball etc. Of course Fonte has Skill and Tecninc, but he is too lightweight and didnt put the opposite Defense under pressure.

And i dont want to talk bad about him, he is a Fulham Player and i Support every Player and i think he has the heart on the right spot.

COYW!