watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Aston Villa

Started by Fernhurst, February 12, 2018, 09:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

For me, I would be tempted to play the team that finished the game on Saturday.

Now TC's shenanigans are completed he appears to be very fit (?) bringing  much needed control in his cameo appearance.
AK was super fast and muscular on his appearance and despite his desperate match winning miss 30 secs after coming on deserves a chance to be an effective member of the strike force this coming Saturday.
Mitrovic looks to me to be fully qualified as the up ender for JT .... we really require Terry to have an uncomfortable afternoon and it's Slav's job to work the routines this week focusing on creating space at the edge of the box.
Full bloodied game expected and not the environment for Lucas and Rui but would consider bringing both on if our position in the game allows.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

BedsFFC

Not aimed at you personally but I read so many posts on here about how we have to be "up for the fight" and we cant play certain players as its going to be a physical battle.

A few people going on at how Bolton were such a horrible side because they used tough tactics.

You do realise that these are professional footballers that have been playing competitively since they were about 7 years old? I get the feeling that many of you saying we need to be tough are a little older in years.

This isn't the 1950's & 60's were assault was pretty much encouraged as part of the game. The refs blow for everything now. It's virtually a non-contact sport. When our players came off against Bolton, they would have shook hands and had a wry smile about the battle. Yet some of our fans are in uproar and act if Bolton have become 1960's Argentina and want Alf Ramsey to appear and stop our players shaking hands with the animals.

Fast and muscular is a real asset in youth football. When youths become men, touch, skill, brains and teamwork are far more important. We are going to play some form of 4-3-3 where movement and quick passing of the front 6 and overlapping wing backs will create space for openings.

Don't worry, our precious ball players will be ok. They will survive and live to tell the tale

KJS

I don't know why people believe that Rui is a lightweight he actually does a lot of hard graft when on the pitch and doesn't get knocked off the ball.

ffcne

Think we need pace .Ayite/Kebano?
One of them playing with Mitrovic  or Kamara.
As opposed to Fonte and Piazon.

filham

The big decision of course is Cairney, has he survived the 45 minutes at Bolton or will he now need a free week to recover.
If it is thought he is only good for 45 minutes do we start with him or bring him on as a half time sub. Best to start with him, using him as a sub is risky as if he breaks down Norwood has already been used and not available to replace him.

Do wish we could get Cairney 100% fit, that may clinch promotion for us.

FulhamStu

Do we have a Best front 3.    I have no idea but I have always thought that bringing on players like Kebano and Kamara when the game get stretched towards the end is a good bet.  Fonte's running will help to tier a defence but Mitros strength and central play will work Terry more, which would then allow Kamara to terrorise him towards the end.  Ojo is another one but don't think this is the game to bring him back into.

I am sure Sess will start, and suspect Rui and Piazon but really don't know if this is our best front 3 for this game.   I would personally think hard about starting Mitro instead of Rui, then replace him with Kamara and bring on Kebano for Piazon.

Fernhurst

Quote from: BedsFFC on February 12, 2018, 10:15:43 AM
Not aimed at you personally but I read so many posts on here about how we have to be "up for the fight" and we cant play certain players as its going to be a physical battle.

A few people going on at how Bolton were such a horrible side because they used tough tactics.

You do realise that these are professional footballers that have been playing competitively since they were about 7 years old? I get the feeling that many of you saying we need to be tough are a little older in years.

This isn't the 1950's & 60's were assault was pretty much encouraged as part of the game. The refs blow for everything now. It's virtually a non-contact sport. When our players came off against Bolton, they would have shook hands and had a wry smile about the battle. Yet some of our fans are in uproar and act if Bolton have become 1960's Argentina and want Alf Ramsey to appear and stop our players shaking hands with the animals.

Fast and muscular is a real asset in youth football. When youths become men, touch, skill, brains and teamwork are far more important. We are going to play some form of 4-3-3 where movement and quick passing of the front 6 and overlapping wing backs will create space for openings.

Don't worry, our precious ball players will be ok. They will survive and live to tell the tale

Ok Beds all points noted , however, the question then arises just why did Jokanovic withdraw them both for the entire second half if their "movement and quick passing" was working??
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

b+w geezer

Quote from: FulhamStu on February 12, 2018, 12:29:16 PM
bringing on players like Kebano and Kamara when the game gets stretched towards the end is a good bet.  Fonte's running will help to tire a defence but Mitros strength and central play will work Terry more, which would then allow Kamara to terrorise him towards the end...  I would personally think hard about starting Mitro instead of Rui, then replace him with Kamara and bring on Kebano for Piazon.
Well explained and I agree.

bahay18

John terry still looks very accomplished when the game is played in front of him . Yesterday the one time  he had react quickly with ball behind him he got in a mess. Probably need to play with some pace rather than try to fight him .

We Are Premier League

Quote from: bahay18 on February 12, 2018, 08:01:19 PM
John terry still looks very accomplished when the game is played in front of him . Yesterday the one time  he had react quickly with ball behind him he got in a mess. Probably need to play with some pace rather than try to fight him .

:plus one:

Fonte with a few clever runs and Sess and Kamara with pace around him...

The Rock

Villa. Bristol City. Derby. Southampton. These teams aren't any better than we are. In SJ I trust to pick the best 11. It's a fine line.

davew

Quote from: The Rock on February 13, 2018, 02:11:13 AM
Villa. Bristol City. Derby. Southampton. These teams aren't any better than we are. In SJ I trust to pick the best 11. It's a fine line.

Not sure why the comparison with Southampton?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

hovewhite

Think myself we are on a part with any team championship team,also we have a top head coach,so nothing to fear ,bring villa on!

Twig

Quote from: b+w geezer on February 12, 2018, 04:07:46 PM
bringing on players like Kebano and Kamara when the game gets stretched towards the end is a good bet.  Fonte's running will help to tire a defence but Mitros strength and central play will work Terry more, which would then allow Kamara to terrorise him towards the end...  I would personally think hard about starting Mitro instead of Rui, then replace him with Kamara and bring on Kebano for Piazon.

Actually I disagree.  Terry is used to slow muscular attackers but at his age what he does not want is to be run off his feet. So I would start with one of our quicker strikers and perhaps bring on Mitro when he is tiring.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Twig on February 13, 2018, 08:15:07 PM

Actually I disagree.  Terry is used to slow muscular attackers but at his age what he does not want is to be run off his feet. So I would start with one of our quicker strikers and perhaps bring on Mitro when he is tiring.

Could this be a game for Sess Ayite Kebano.    Personally think Slav will start Fonte with Piazon and Sess again.    Hope Kebano is on the bench.

BedsFFC

This is an incredibly interesting game.

For a season and a half (bar Wolves) in my opinion, we have been the best toe-to-toe side in the league. "Come and have go" and we will pick you off.

Our Achilles heel has been (broadly speaking) playing against teams who stifle us and exploit our exposed spaces (Usually full back positions and then stretch our centre backs)

From what I have seen of Villa, which admittedly is not very much, I think they will take us on.

With a full squad, I really fancy us. If Villa come and sit back, it may not be that natural for them.

Anyway, the Cottage will be packed and rocking. Can't wait

Holders

Quote from: Twig on February 13, 2018, 08:15:07 PM

Terry was shown up by that young German team several years ago, it's the pace he couldn't handle then and he won't have got any quicker.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ffcne

Quote from: mlangstrom on February 12, 2018, 09:46:28 PM
Quote from: bahay18 on February 12, 2018, 08:01:19 PM

:plus one:

Fonte with a few clever runs and Sess and Kamara with pace around him...
I would rather he scored a couple of goals .Than a couple of clever runs which i cant recall seeing any.

MrFFC

For me 2 changes to the starting team Kamara & Cairney for Fonte & Norwood
Come on you Whites!! :)

Twig

Quote from: MrFFC on February 14, 2018, 01:06:55 PM
For me 2 changes to the starting team Kamara & Cairney for Fonte & Norwood

Cairney for Norwood certainly.  I would be ok with either my preferred option, Kamara, for his pace or Fonte for his assists and runs off the ball.  Certainly not Mitro as I think we would be playing into their hands.