watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next 6 fixtures.

Started by Beamer, February 12, 2018, 11:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beamer

Our next 6 fixtures are all against sides in the top 8. Realistically how many points do people feel we need to gain from them in order to maintain a run not just for the top 2 but to stay in the top 6. Obviously how other teams do around us will influence what's needed and we would all love to dream we could get 18 but what do we think would be a good return as things stand now.

filham

Sorry, one game at a time for me  but three points against Villa on Saturday will be a good start.

Woolly Mammoth

I haven't a clue to be honest, it's all a guess with Fulham, and speculating just increases the agony and intensity. Villa match is all that matters, the next match is the most important, nothing else concerns me. Guessing results is not going to alter the result.
If we can win every match we go up, and that has to be the target. All the mental energy has to be focused on Saturday, that's all that counts, nothing else.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SuffolkWhite

One game at a time for me to, but you would have to say 9 points would be the average so anything over that is good!?!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Facts Not Fiction

Would like to see us win no less than 2 and lose no more than 2.

hovewhite

Robbie

SuffolkWhite

Yep concerned we have to be 100% against Villa, as I feel we have had some wins that could easily have been draws. But would take winning ugly against Villa  049:gif7
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

We Are Premier League

Bristol and Sheffield are there for the taking but I would still settle for 9 point.

Can see any (resonable) scenario that would have us in 2nd place by 10th March. Even 12 point would require a minor collapse of all the three teams in front of us.

I would rather not risk TC in the next few games, only pick up enough point to stay in the running and then go for a wild winning streak in the ("easy") last 9 games...

DevonFFC

I see Villa as the toughest game, wolves are hit and miss but villa are on a roll and if we stop them I think we will go on and get 2nd.

We just have the be deadly in front of goal

simplyfulham

You might argue that even more important then how many points we can get is who we can get the points from or lose them too.

Lose or drop points to villa and Derby, and we endanger saying goodbye to the automatic spot for good.

Lose or drop points to Bristol, Sheffield and Preston and we endanger letting them gain ground on us and letting our spot in the playoffs slip.

cottage expat

A win against Villa will serve as a huge psychological  boost to the team. Even a draw will give the lads confidence.

Burt

9 or 10 points would be a good return from these games, and as this means picking up points from teams around us, this should keep us in the mix...

JOND999

i would be pleased to take 10 of the 18 points on offer against that group.  3 wins/1 draw/2 losses.   then a pretty easy run in should secure us a top 6 spot.  we'd have to really stay hot to get auto promote - something like 12-14 of the 18 points and then dominate the finishing run. 

i like our chances, though.  Derby is fading, as they typically do.  Villa is the key match, obviously, because they have the talent and the 2nd spot right now.  i'll be very curious just to see where we stack up given our form against Villa and Wolves.  cardiff/bristol/boro/PNE etc. don't worry me much.

The Rock

Better than 13 and chances look good for automatic promotion. Less than 6 and we might not make playoffs.

MJG

The top eight mini league table.

Now if we were to get our aveage over the next 6 games then we come out with 7 points.

59 points from 37 games leaves us with 9 games to pick up the 18 points to reach 77 I think its best to aim for.

With this in mind if we can get 10 from next 6, I'd say thats an excellent return.
Just the views of a long term fan

Twig

Quote from: MJG on February 14, 2018, 03:25:44 PM
The top eight mini league table.

Now if we were to get our aveage over the next 6 games then we come out with 7 points.

59 points from 37 games leaves us with 9 games to pick up the 18 points to reach 77 I think its best to aim for.

With this in mind if we can get 10 from next 6, I'd say thats an excellent return.

Agreed, I would be delighted with 10.

Fulham Tup North

I may be an eternal optimist but I will fancy us getting between 12 & 14 points. 3 wins + 3 draws or 4 wins and 2 draw. Keep the unbeaten run going as well. Puts pressure on everyone else to pick up points against other top teams. We raise our game against good sides and they will play proper football, rather than 'Kick and rush' rubbish. Most will think that they can match us at football. Most cannot.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Jeroen

3 points down, 15 to go!

Great start and as someone mentioned above a great confidence boost. If we can get a win at Bristol, we set ourselves up for at least 12 points.

MrFFC

1 game at a time great result against Villa & 4 points from Bristol City & Wolves would set us up nicely to really start putting pressure on the top 2
Come on you Whites!! :)