watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR if Sunderland and hull go dow

Started by bobbo, February 10, 2018, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Will it be the first time 2 clubs have gone straight through. Prem-championship - league 1 ???
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Southcoastffc

Quote from: bobbo on February 10, 2018, 11:53:44 AM
Will it be the first time 2 clubs have gone straight through. Prem-championship - league 1 ???
Not sure of that but Luton down went from the Championship (2006-7) and straight through leagues 1 and 2 to the Conference 2009-10) in 3 successive relegations.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

VicHalomsLovechild

I thought Bradford dropped two divisions consecutively but a quick look on Wiki seems to show I was wrong..

bobbo

Yes I see your answers but I'm talking about the straight through for two clubs they both came down and could both slip straight through.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

filham

Quote from: bobbo on February 10, 2018, 02:40:21 PM
Yes I see your answers but I'm talking about the straight through for two clubs they both came down and could both slip straight through.
Can't really see Sunderland being relegated from the Championship though, they are such a big club.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on February 10, 2018, 08:31:19 PM
Can't really see Sunderland being relegated from the Championship though, they are such a big club.

Bigger and better clubs than Sunderland have been relegated from the Championship before. Or the old Division 2.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

Northampton Town had a run a few decades ago from Division 4 to Division 1 and then right back down to Division 4. I think it took them about 10 years to do it.

By the way, Luton Town's demise was helped by a total of 45 points deductions over two seasons.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Holders

Was Fulham the first team to drop from the 1st to the 3rd in consecutive seasons? 1968-70, I think it was.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Facts Not Fiction

Without McCormack, I believe, in no doubt, we would've been relegated to League 1. You need a 15+ goal a season player to keep you up.

Sunderland and Hull don't have that. But fortunately for them, the teams around them don't either.

filham

Quote from: Holders on February 11, 2018, 10:04:25 AM
Was Fulham the first team to drop from the 1st to the 3rd in consecutive seasons? 1968-70, I think it was.
They must surely be the only club flying flags of the top division clubs while dropping into the 3rd.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 10, 2018, 08:44:30 PM

Bigger and better clubs than Sunderland have been relegated from the Championship before. Or the old Division 2.

Man City,Leeds and Wolves.

General

Portsmouth...

Quite a few clubs over the years have gone into free fall... that said I think baring in mind we almost got sucked into it.. it does seem as if a lot more clubs that do come down seem to underestimate the strength of the championship in relation to the premiership. I think only Newcastle have really come down and gone up easily.

Holders

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 12, 2018, 07:03:00 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 10, 2018, 08:44:30 PM

Man City,Leeds and Wolves.

I remember seeing Man U in Div 2 - Charlton, Kidd etc.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria