watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My friend who is a Villa season ticket holder

Started by The Swan, February 12, 2018, 07:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

He says that Villa have won seven games in a row he feels that they are not playing good football. He hopes that they will win their eight in a row on Saturday.
We must keep a close watch on Snodgrass and Grealish.
They are both good players who like to cut in from out wide and shoot with power and pace.
Snodgrass scored a cracker from the right wing with his favoured left foot against Sheffield United.
The Swan

HatterDon

seven wins in a row and this guy thinks Villa isnt playing good football?

he must be related to about 15 or 20 on this site!  064.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

DevonFFC

My main concern is for your health and safety, you have a friend who is a villa fan??

The Rock

They probably aren't as easy on the eye as they should be. There are a lot of thug type villa supppoters. The championship is not easy. Perhaps its just ego shock and perhaps your mate is coming to terms with being a good, not great, Championship side.

filham

A team 2nd in the Championship at this stage of the season must have something going in there favour.
Yes we must show them respect and keep an eye on Terry from set pieces but I hope we also have the confidence to have a go at them and put their defence under some pressure.

Burt

Hopefully the team will be chasing the 2nd place prize to give us that extra edge compared to Villa who may come in to the match not wanting us to close the gap. It's a subtle difference, but it could be significant.

HatterDon

Quote from: Statto on February 13, 2018, 12:43:47 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on February 12, 2018, 10:43:43 PM
seven wins in a row and this guy thinks Villa isnt playing good football?

he must be related to about 15 or 20 on this site!  064.gif

I'd expect you, a connoisseur of football (domestic and international, English and foreign etc.) to acknowledge the difference between "good" (ie beautiful, sophisticated) football and the type of football generally accepted to be the most successful in this particular division

I take your point, sir, but when was the last time that Aston Villa were known for beautiful and sophisticated football? The moaner must be even older than me.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

peter w

Hi all

Aston Villa fan here.

Interesting to read your thoughts on the game and of course how ugly a team you believe us to be. Well, I cannot lie and you aren't going to see a hybrid Brazil 1970/1982 visiting on Saturday but neither are you going to see a modern day version of the Crazy Gang or even Villa when we last won promotion in 87-88. I'm not sure what it is but maybe your hatred of John Terry is blinding yourselves to a team that is playing some decent stuff. Pretty on the eye? Sometimes yes/sometimes no but certainly far removed from the team we were watching up to around November/December.

But there have been reasons behind our less than attractive football previously - a loss of kodjia, Grealish being out, Snodgrass being unfit and taking a while to get going, only one fit forward for a while who was a 19 year-old brick shithouse kid, and a midfield featuring Glen Whelan. Slowly but surely though the team has become settled and Bjarnasson in midfield makes us more mobile and allows us to play on the front foot. Hourihane is up and down but the forwards are where are strength lies. 2 wide players now looking threatening, Hogan scoring, and grealish pulling the strings and looking like the player Villa fans always believed he could be.

So onto saturday - I don't know a great deal about your team but you don't have a run like you've been on, and are on, if you aren't a good team. I like the look of Sessegnon and Cairney has a reputation that makes him worth watching. So, you're on form and Craven cottage isn't a ground we tend to do well at - bizarre that neither club tend to do that well at the other's ground. This will be a massive test and our good run of form means that a defeat won't hurt us too badly but could easily happen. Then again, we will go into this game full of confidence. But given you're at home and seeing our record down there I have a horrible feeling that you'll sneak it. Still, at least its a nice place to drown our sorrows in post-match.

Good luck after Saturday and I hope you go up (through the play-offs).

keith

Quote from: peter w on February 14, 2018, 05:16:36 AM
Hi all

Aston Villa fan here.

Interesting to read your thoughts on the game and of course how ugly a team you believe us to be. Well, I cannot lie and you aren't going to see a hybrid Brazil 1970/1982 visiting on Saturday but neither are you going to see a modern day version of the Crazy Gang or even Villa when we last won promotion in 87-88. I'm not sure what it is but maybe your hatred of John Terry is blinding yourselves to a team that is playing some decent stuff. Pretty on the eye? Sometimes yes/sometimes no but certainly far removed from the team we were watching up to around November/December.

But there have been reasons behind our less than attractive football previously - a loss of kodjia, Grealish being out, Snodgrass being unfit and taking a while to get going, only one fit forward for a while who was a 19 year-old brick shithouse kid, and a midfield featuring Glen Whelan. Slowly but surely though the team has become settled and Bjarnasson in midfield makes us more mobile and allows us to play on the front foot. Hourihane is up and down but the forwards are where are strength lies. 2 wide players now looking threatening, Hogan scoring, and grealish pulling the strings and looking like the player Villa fans always believed he could be.

So onto saturday - I don't know a great deal about your team but you don't have a run like you've been on, and are on, if you aren't a good team. I like the look of Sessegnon and Cairney has a reputation that makes him worth watching. So, you're on form and Craven cottage isn't a ground we tend to do well at - bizarre that neither club tend to do that well at the other's ground. This will be a massive test and our good run of form means that a defeat won't hurt us too badly but could easily happen. Then again, we will go into this game full of confidence. But given you're at home and seeing our record down there I have a horrible feeling that you'll sneak it. Still, at least its a nice place to drown our sorrows in post-match.

Good post mate.

ffcne

Hi all

Aston Villa fan here.

Good post .Villa looking a team at the moment.Cairney has been struggling with a knee injury all season so hardly played .  Just seems to be getting fit .If he can play like he did last season for the remaining games it will be like a new signing. 

MrFFC

Good team will be a very tough game. A win certainly opens up 2nd place for us. Anything less & it's play offs at best for me
Come on you Whites!! :)

Burt

Hi all

Aston Villa fan here.

Welcome to the board, and thanks for your post - good insights. Yes, JT is not a favourite around these parts but his record does speak for itself and I'm sure he'll be pumped up for this fixture! It should be a cracking game between the division's two form teams, and with a few thousand Villains in the Putney End the atmosphere should be pretty good too! May the best team (that will be the one in white) win ;)

The Swan

Reply to a Villa Fan.

As I said in my first post my mate is a Villa season ticket holder and he and I go back to late 60 's.

We have often been to each others ground . He likes the fact that Villa are now doing well. He feels that now that Terry is fit and playing well and Hogan is scoring goals.
He feels that it will be a tight game which might end up as a draw.

I got to agree with him.
The Swan