News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do we have a problem with team selection ?

Started by Riversider, February 12, 2018, 03:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VancouverWhite

Quote from: grandad on February 12, 2018, 07:00:43 PM
Pleased team selection is not my problem. Should he select a team which the opposition think he will field or should he try to out fox them? Perhaps Fred as FB & Christie as wide right.Both Christie & Sess are good crossers so I would start Mit up top. Which of our 6 loanees will have to drop out?

Of course you don't have an issue with team selection, you've called the subs correctly in how many matches in a row now?   082.gif

KJS

Personally as we are currently 5th in the table and on a good run I will trust JOKA to decide who plays in each match after all that is his job 049:gif

toshes mate

Before window some people (on here) were saying 'what is SJ doing?'  After window some people (on here) are saying 'what is SJ doing?'
Are the team still on target for a top six finish?  Yes.
Did the Bolton game make a difference?  Yes, but no more so than it would have done whatever the outcome.
Did we and do we (on here) know our best side?  No, in either case.
Is there such a thing as a best side for every game?  A question for the 'I told you so' brigade to answer after every game.
Is the Villa game important?  Of course it is.  All games between now and the end of the season are.
Will we (on here) keep a perspective no matter what happens in the Villa game?  Of course we won't - we are fans after all.

FulhamStu

I was going to start a new thread, but will put this on here as it's relevant to the discussion.

When Watford manager, I am pretty sure they played 2 big lads up top most of the time, one was Deeny.
Slav does have the option of Mitro and Kamara now so will be interesting if he goes with that.

We have many pacey wide players so for me 2nd half on Saturday playing Mitro central and Kamara and Sess wider is a bit of a waste when we have better wide men in Kabano, Ayite and Ojo, you cant really drop Sess as he gives so much incl cover when we are defending and of course goals but I would not personally have played Kamara wide right.  He should play through the middle off Mitro or up front on his own.

I think a lot will depend on how Slav sees the game going.   Bringing on pace in the latter stages when the game gets stretched makes sense.   I think Kebano and Kamara are both better off the bench say after 60 minutes.

Ayite has always been a Slav favourite and I don't think he persuaded Mitro to come by putting him on the bench.  I think we will end up with Sess, Mitro and Ayite starting.

At the end of the day, we have all these attacking options and it's not who he picks but how they play.  To stay in the team you have to play well, Mitro May be given a couple of extra games to get him up to speed.  We also will start to soon have more than one game a week and we are now in a perfect situation to rotate the strikers which I suspect he will do, bringing in Ojo here and there.

Should be a fascinating run in and if these guys want to play, they will have to perform or be dropped.

filham

No.
Defence, midfield and wide left positions pick themselves  but we have too many options in for the two remaining positions.

Lone Striker  Fonte, Mitrovic, Ayite and Kamara

Wide Right   Kebano, Ojo,Piazon,

There is little to choose among these players and we may now find none of them will be given the opportunity to settle in the team for the rest of the season.

FulhamStu

Quote from: filham on February 13, 2018, 11:17:03 AM
No.
Defence, midfield and wide left positions pick themselves  but we have too many options in for the two remaining positions.

Lone Striker  Fonte, Mitrovic, Ayite and Kamara

Agree to some extent however it's rare that everyone is fit, especially strikers and rare that everyone is on top form.   Having the potential to change 3 attacking players during the game is also a big advantage but needs to be used correctly.   All that and making for strong competition has to be a good thing.  It's the coaches job to get the balance right, to pick the right team for the right game, to make good substitutions so Slav will need to perform at his best now he has these challenges.

SuffolkWhite

General Discussion board hahaha this board should be called Fickle Fans Forum. 064.gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"