Tuesday
Cardiff
2 - 0 Bolton
Sheff Wed
2 - 0 Derby

WhiteJC

St Johnstone's George Williams ready to make debut at Celtic Park

George Williams.

St Johnstone loan player George Williams is ready to make a belated debut against Celtic on Sunday.

The arrival of the young Welsh winger boosts a Perth squad depleted by injury and the return of speed merchant Michael O'Halloran to Rangers at the turn of the year.

An ill-timed hamstring injury delayed his arrival from Fulham but he has had two training sessions with his new teammates under his belt.

Williams (22), who secured the first of his international caps for Wales after stepping in for Real Madrid superstar Gareth Bale, is eager to hit the ground running and help turn the fortunes of Tommy Wright's side.

"The manager spoke to me a lot about coming here," said Williams.

"He was very keen to bring me to the club.

"I liked what he had to say. Hearing how keen he was to get me made it feel right and I can't wait to get started.

"Hopefully, I will bring pace, creativity and goals to the team and we can pick up results.

"My game is all about pace. I can play through the middle and get in behind people or I can play out on the wing and create.

"Scoring goals and creating them is what I'm all about so hopefully I can do well for the team while I'm here."

Williams admits he is excited about the prospect of pulling on a Saints jersey at Celtic Park this weekend.

And he will see a couple of familiar faces in the Hoops squad.

"I played with Moussa Dembele and Patrick Roberts in the Fulham youth team, so I know them well," said Williams.

"They have both come up here and done really well so when the chance to come to St Johnstone arose I knew this was a great opportunity for me.

"I spoke to a few people about Scotland and it was all very positive, although I'm waiting until after the game this weekend before I speak to Moussa and Patrick.

"Scottish football has been great for the pair of them. It has given them the platform to show what they can do.

"Playing for Celtic, they are obviously getting a chance in the Champions League as well, which has been great for their careers," added Williams.

"They have had loads of game time and are playing at a good level so hopefully it will do the same for me.

"I want to play a lot of football and do well for St Johnstone."

Williams was posted missing from defeats from Motherwell and Hearts but is hoping to provide struggling Saints with a missing spark.

"It has taken longer than I would have liked to be here but I picked up a hamstring injury just before I was due to come up," he said.

"So I had to get that right before travelling up. It's fine now and I will do a full week of training.

"You can't get a better game to start off with than Celtic. Everyone has told me it will be a brilliant game to come in to.

"I've heard that stadium-wise and atmosphere-wise, this is one of the best places in the world to play football.

"I want to play in the big games. It will be tough but you want to test yourself against the best teams.

"Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen are obviously the top sides in Scotland so you want to be playing in games against them and showing what you can do."

Williams is seeking to recapture the form which took him into the international set-up.

"I was only 18 when I picked up my first Wales cap. I replaced Gareth Bale in the squad and made my debut," he recalled.

"People always ask me about it but it was just in a friendly against Holland.

"He is one of the best players in the world so you learn so much from even watching him in training.

"I have got seven caps now, which has been great, but I have had a few injuries along the way.

"I got a cruciate ligament injury when I was 20 and missed a year, which is tough, but it is part of football and you just have to get on with it."

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/598337/st-johnstones-george-williams-ready-make-debut-celtic-park/

WhiteJC

Omogbehin: Take Advantage

Fulham's Under-18s drew 1-1 away to Brighton and Hove Albion on Saturday morning.

The Young Whites went behind early in the 1st half but found their way back into the match after a red card and a penalty against the hosts.

"I think it was a fair result", commented Head Coach Colin Omogbehin. "Even though we had more possession, we didn't really take advantage of Brighton only having 10 men.

"When there are opportunities to get your shots off and create and convert chances you need to take them; we could maybe have improved on that aspect.

"However, in terms of controlling the game we certainly played a lot better than we have recently in the league in the past couple of weeks."

Asked whether having the extra man added pressure on his side to score, he replied: "No not really, I think with us as far as the league is concerned, creating chances and scoring goals has not been a big issue from open play.

"In terms of our possession game, we dominated that. Whether it was against 10 or 11.

"We started to get back into the game after a slow start even before Brighton went down a man, the conditions played a part in that.

"We were pinned back by the wind and it was difficult to play out at times and make those decisions to hit long, because even when we did hit long the wind was holding up the ball.

"However, I thought that towards the midway point of the first half we found our rhythm and started to dominate possession, but again we have to put chances away.

"In the first half Sylvester [Jasper] broke down the right and put a fantastic ball across the face of the six-yard box and nobody was there to finish it.

"The actual penalty came from a similar scenario where Fabio [Carvalho] was brought down, which resulted in them getting a man sent off. It was not for the want of trying, we need to take advantage of the opportunities we create."

Fulham were able to get back on terms as Ryan De Havilland scoring with precision from the 12-yard spot.

"Ryan has got very good technique", he said. "So it was no problem for him to step up and take the penalty. We had great confidence that he would finish, it's a big tool of his game.

"I was very pleased with the performance of the team, we made nine changes from the midweek Plymouth game so it is good that we have players that can come in and effect the game and make an impact.

"Whether it is the first year scholars, who haven't been playing as much, or the young Under-16s. We started with three of them plus an Under-15 on the bench who came on, so it's fantastic for us and fantastic for them."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/february/13/omogbehin-take-advantage

WhiteJC

West Ham eyeing up summer swoop for one of the Championship's best defenders

West Ham United are interested in securing the signing of Fulham defender Ryan Fredericks on a free transfer at the end of the season, writes Football.London.

The 25-year-old has appeared regularly for the Cottagers this season, playing thirty-one times across league and cup competitions, assisting five times for Slavisa Jokanovic's side.

The Hammers have struggled this season and lie just four points away from the bottom three, with manager David Moyes keen to strengthen in the summer to avoid another scrap at the foot of the table.

A former Tottenham trainee, Fredericks has enjoyed loan spells with the likes of Brentford, Bristol City and the Cottagers, and represents a low risk summer signing for the Hammers' board, due to the expiration of his deal at Craven Cottage.

The Verdict

Fredericks failed to break into the first-team set up at White Hart Lane before making the switch to Fulham, where he has begun to establish himself as a solid second tier defender.

Whether he is good enough to make the step up to the Premier League remains to be seen, but Moyes appears keen to take a punt on the player in the summer.

With his contract expiring in the summer, the player would surely jump at the opportunity to play at a higher level should a serious offer materialise.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/west-ham-eyeing-up-summer-swoop-for-one-of-the-championships-best-defenders/

WhiteJC

Fulham wonderkids: Who else could emulate Ryan Sessegnon and go on to make a name for themselves?

We've taken a look at the most promising youngsters at the club that could one day grace the turf at the Cottage

Fulham are well known for the young talent being produced at Motspur Park, with Ryan Sessegnon the latest academy product attracting big attention from the giants of English football.

With Slavisa Jokanovic at the helm, new blood have been given first team debuts over the past two years, with Jokanovic's thinking of "if they're good enough, they're old enough" seeing Ryan's twin, Steven, getting his first senior appearance in a Fulham shirt, as well as Matt O'Riley, Tayo Edun and Luca de la Torre.

The future is certainly bright for the Cottagers, and with the Academy being run so well by Academy Director Huw Jennings, the list of youngsters finding a pathway from the younger ages of Fulham all the way through to the first XI is only going to grow longer.

We've taken a look at some of the most promising youngsters at the club at the moment who have a chance of making the first team.

Matt O'Riley

The 17-year-old's name is starting to become a familiar one to Fulham fans after making his debut in the Carabao Cup against Wycombe in August, before signing his first professional deal that lasts until 2020.

A central midfielder with an eye for a killer pass, O'Riley may well be one of the most exciting youngsters in U23 set-up at the moment and already trains regularly with the first team while being part of the larger matchday squad.

Linked with moves to the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal by the national press in the last year, O'Riley, who has been at the club since U9 level, Jokanovic himself has said that he is pushing for a first team place.

And when you have a manager backing your talents like that, who's to say we won't see him in first team action by the end of the season?

Matt O'Riley in possession of the ball, pressured by Oliver Norwood (Image: Darren Pepe)

Steven Sessegnon

Another name that will be familiar to Fulham fans, Steven made his debut in the 2-0 win over Wycombe too, following in his twin brother Ryan's footsteps.

He signed his first pro deal alongside Ryan in the summer, and although he hasn't made the impact his brother has on the first team just yet, he has featured on the bench in the league this season and is showing why the Academy team believe fans will see both Sessegnon's in a Fulham first team eventually.

A right back and an U17 World Cup winner, Sessegnon also trains regularly with the first team and will be looking to break through and join Ryan in the first team.

First team debut: Steven Sessegnon

Tayo Edun

Edun travelled to Fulham's pre-season training camps in the summer and showed his promise with a strong performance against West Ham and got a first team start this season against Derby, coping well with the rigours of playing in central midfield.

The 19-year-old won the Euros with England over the summer and has gone from strength to strength since, even getting the chance to train with the England senior team in the last set of internationals whilst he was with the U20 squad at St George's Park.

He also signed a new three-year deal in July, with Fulham keen to tie down their young stars for as long as possible.

Tayo Edun on the ball (Image: Darren Pepe)

Luca de la Torre

The 19-year-old American has started to really break through at Fulham this season, with Jokanovic using him from the bench in three games so far, while regularly including him in the matchday 18.

De la Torre made his first team start last season in the 3-2 victory over Leyton Orient in the League Cup and suffered an injury in the early part of this season that kept him out of U23 action.

He looked very promising when coming on against Derby and looked like Fulham's biggest threat - he'll be looking to get more game time in the second half of the season.

Luca de la Torre and Floyd Ayite battle for the ball (Image: Darren Pepe)

Mattias Kait

Another 19-year-old who, at the moment, is finding more senior game time with his national side, Estonia, than with the Fulham first team.

The creative midfielder recently won Estonia's Young Player of the Year award for his exploits with the senior side, having played four World Cup qualifiers this season, scoring two goals - one against Cyprus in the 1-0 win and another four days later in the 6-0 win over Gibraltar.

He was included in the 18 for the 1-1 draw with Derby during the first half of the season and is now on loan with Scottish Premier League side Ross County.

Mattias Kait takes on his man (Image: Naomi Baker/Getty Images)

Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson

Another 19-year-old, the Icelandic youngster is yet to make a first team appearance for Fulham yet but has been busy making a name for himself with Peter Grant's U23s this season.

He's been in fine form so far this season and was the best player on the park in the U21 Checkatrade Trophy tie against Charlton.

Thorsteinsson is comfortable on the ball, has a bagful of tricks and loves a long range goal, if he continues how he's progressing this season a first team debut may well be on the cards in 2018.

Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson scores for Fulham U21s (Image: Naomi Baker/Getty Images)

Elijah Adebayo

Adebayo is grabbing the headlines in Fulham U23s' Premier League 2 campaign this season - scoring goal after goal as Grant's side look to go one step further than last season and get promoted to Division One.

The 19-year-old joined the club as an U9 and has played at both centre back and as a forward, although based on this season it looks like he'll be staying as a striker with his phenomenal goal rate.

A natural finisher, Adebayo has now joined Cheltenham Town on loan for the rest of the season.

Elijah Adebayo has a go against Chalrton (Image: Naomi Baker/Getty Images)

Timmy Abraham

The younger brother of Chelsea star Tammy, Timmy signed for the club in the summer of 2017 from Charlton and has scored four goals for the U18 side so far this season.

The 16-year-old can either play as the out and out forward, like his older brother, or as a wide player.

Abraham is still a long way off from a first team start just yet, but there's ability there as he continues to enjoy his first season at Motspur Park.

Fabio Carvalho

A 15-year-old attacking midfielder, Carvalho was the only Fulham player selected to represent England U16s in the Nike Tournament in the US earlier in 2017.

He played all three games for the Three Lions and scored against Brazil in their tie, while he also scored a hat-trick against Reading U18s on February 3, while he also hit the back of the net against Plymouth in the FA Youth Cup.

Carvalho is still very young, however, but the future is bright for the midfielder.

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-wonderkids-ryan-sessegnon-jokanovic-14032294

WhiteJC

Fulham captain Tom Cairney offers update on January transfer speculation

The skipper was linked to West Ham but has offered an update on that January speculation

Tom Cairney has insisted he is happy at Fulham and wants to help get the side back into the Premier League after being linked with a move away in January.

The skipper was linked heavily with a move to West Ham and missed a trip to Barnsley days before the window closed, leading fans to fear he was on his way across the capital to the London Stadium.

But Cairney has insisted that was as a result of a set back he suffered on his knee, and since then he's spent time in Ireland continuing his rehab from that injury as he looks to help Fulham back to the Premier League.

He told Fulham FC TV : "I did a bit of rehab, just something a bit different to get away from the training ground and get off the pitch and try and concentrate on things to help my injury.

"It feels okay, I played 20 mins or so on Saturday and I've been training and doing quite a lot off the pitch still so I have to try and stay on top of it.

"I can't do anything more than I did in the summer, I signed an extension, there was a lot going off in the summer and then a bit in January as everyone knew.

"It's just one of those things in football, if things like that happen it's because I'm doing the right things but I'm happy here and just want to carry on playing football and hopefully get this team back in the Premier League."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-captain-tom-cairney-offers-14283175

WhiteJC

All you need to know about Ryan Fredericks - the Fulham defender wanted by West Ham this summer

The 25-year-old is reportedly a top target for David Moyes once the season is over

David Sullivan has said he wants to see David Moyes stay for the long-haul and is going to step-back from being so involved in transfers, yet this one smells of a Sully Classic on the face of it.

Moyes has also hinted he wants to stay on for longer than the end of this season for the first time in the past couple of days after hinting he was behind the co-chairman's decision to take a step back.

One of his first targets for the summer - if he is still at the club - is Fulham defender Ryan Fredericks, whose contract is up in the summer and will be available on a free transfer.

Like we said....classic.

Who is Fredericks though? Well, let's take a closer look at the defender who could provide competition to Pablo Zabaleta and Sam Byram should should he swap west London for the east of the capital.

Well, he's a right back. You can decide for yourself if that's where the Hammers need to strengthen but if Moyes is at the club long-term, you can be sure defence will be the priority area to strengthen along with the midfield.

Ryan Fredericks is a target for West Ham in the summer (Image: Andrew Redington/Getty Images)

Fredericks started his career in north London with Tottenham Hotspur, progressing trough the club's academy system before signing a professional contract in 2010.

Loan spells at Brentford, Millwall and Middlesbrough arrived between then and 2015 before he permanently left Spurs to sign for Birstol City on August 2015.

However, he lasted only 26 days at the club and made five appearances before he cited personal reasons and left Ashton Gate for an "unnamed London club," which turned out to be Fulham.

He's made 90 appearances for the Cottagers since then and after signing a three-year contract in August 2015 and that is now coming to an end.

Back in January, Fredericks dropped an enormous blow to any suitors who wanted to sign him, telling our friends at GetWestLondon: "I'm happy here, I've said it all along.

"My contract situation is getting sorted behind closed doors and the relevant people are trying to sort that now.

Jonathan Kodija of Aston Villa tackles Ryan Fredericks (Image: Alex Pantling/Getty Images)

"I'm not too sure what is going to happen, but while I'm a Fulham player, be it one year, two years, three years, whatever it is, I will give my all in the shirt whenever I step onto the pitch."

However, it is believed West Ham are confident that the lure of the Premier League - should they stay in it of course - will be enough to see Fredericks hold off signing fresh terms with Fulham and swap Craven Cottage for the London Stadium.

https://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/transfer-news/ryan-fredericks-west-ham-report-14279539

WhiteJC

What is Slavisa Jokanovic's strongest XI at Fulham? We take a look here

We've asked what various people around the club feel is Fulham's strongest XI - here's what everyone had to say

Fulham now have a fully fit squad available to them, and while that's good news it also brings a selection headache for Slavisa Jokanovic .

We know that only five of the six loanees can fit into a matchday squad, but deciding which of those six to chose is going to be a difficult job in the Fulham war room from now until the end of the season.

There's also the question of who starts up front for the side - Fulham now have a wealth of serious attacking options that could all have an argument to start.

So, we've asked various people from around Fulham to have their say on what they think the strongest XI is and why.

Ryan O'Donovan, Fulham reporter @ GetWestLondon

It's a real Jekyll and Hyde ask this - half of them is extremely straight forward to pick, but the other half is a nightmare.

But not the bad type, it's a headache that Slavisa Jokanovic would rather have than not having strength in depth in his side, especially coming into this stage of the season.

I've always preferred David Button as my first choice keeper, but with the way Marcus Bettinelli is playing there is no way you can drop him from the side - the rest of the back four picks itself I think.

In midfield, Kevin McDonald and Stefan Johansen are certains, but it's the battle between Ollie Norwood and Tom Cairney that interests me - Norwood has been pretty solid in that role but Cairney offers that little bit extra class that you get from a top quality player.

Up front is the tough one - I think I'd go with a fully fit Aleksandar Mitrovic flanked by Ryan Sessegnon and Lucas Piazon. I like Sheyi Ojo but Piazon has been in stunning form since returning from injury and the side look a different prospect with him in it.

My XI: Bettinelli, Fredericks, Targett, Kalas, Ream, McDonald, Johansen, Cairney, Piazon, R. Sessegnon, Mitrovic

Ryan O'Donovan's starting XI

Dan Crawford, Fulham Supporters' Trust

Slavisa Jokanovic has so many options in his squad post the January transfer window that it took me more time than I thought it would to settle on this line up.

With Marcus Bettinelli having brought some much needed solidity in goal and Matt Targett striking up such a great understanding with Ryan Sessegnon, the back five picks itself.

I think Fulham will be better for having their three midfield musketeers together again. I chose Ojo ahead of Piazon because I think his pace will unsettle Championship defences who might try and push high up the pitch - whilst Mitrovic offers a more imposing option up front and I think he'll be a real asset with a few more minutes under his belt.

My XI: Bettinelli; Fredericks, Targett, Kalas, Ream; McDonald, Johansen, Cairney; Ojo, R. Sessegnon, Mitrovic.

Dan Crawford's starting XI

Jack Collins, Fulhamish

To put it in perspective, it's an absolute blessing that we're even having a conversation about who should start for Fulham because it shows the depth of squad that the management and the backroom staff have put together – this is a group of players that can and should challenge for promotion now, and if Jokanovic can build on the recent run of form that they've bene on across a tricky period, that will be the case.

Picking a team isn't easy, but I've given it a go. Bettinelli starts in goal, as I imagine he will for most fans now. I still don't believe there's particularly much in quality between Fulham's two keepers, but there can be no denying that Bettinelli's return to the side has coincided with an upwards trend in results over both the previous two seasons, and whether it's simply confidence that the back four has in him or something else, it's pretty clear that only an injury will put him out of the side now.

The first and only real dilemma in the defence is the position of right-back. Ryan Frederick's recent form means he gets the nod, but it's interesting that we have another dynamic there now, with Cyrus Christie offering athleticism, height and a lovely delivery as an alternative to Fredericks' blistering pace. Ream, Kalas, and Matt Targett, who's hardly put a foot wrong since arriving, make up the rest of the back four.

Ollie Norwood has seen a resurgence of late, but on a tactical level I think he's the one who has to give way to Tom Cairney when the captain returns to full fitness. Whilst he has filled in admirably, and there are many who feel that Johansen's early dreadful form should see him dropped instead, I feel like the box-to-box energy that Stef brings is what provides the foil for Cairney's languid style to flourish alongside KMac's defensive solidity.

Norwood remains an excellent option, but I do believe his quarterback style is too static to fully allow TC to express himself alongside Ollie in the midfield. On the left, Sess picks himself, but I think the two roles alongside him are probably where the most discussion will be had.

I think Aleksandar Mitrovic, when match-fit, will lead the line; but I also feel he will do best with a rapid winger alongside him who will get the ball into the box – someone like Neeskens Kebano. If Rui Fonte plays, as discussed at length, then Lucas Piazon should play alongside him in order to build upon that defence-unlocking intricacy that worked so well against Burton Albion.

My XI: Bettinelli; Fredericks, Kalas, Ream, Targett; McDonald, Johansen, Cairney; Kebano, Mitrovic, Sessegnon

Jack Collins' strongest XI

Russ Goldman, Cottage Talk

For my starting XI, the defence will be Marcus Bettinelli as the goalkeeper, Ryan Fredericks as your right-back, the centre-back pairing is Tomas Kalas and Tim Ream.

Matt Targett is my left-back, because in a very short period of time, he has fit perfectly in what Jokanovic wants from his full-backs as he is very good in attack, but can also defend just as well.

The midfield three would be Kevin McDonald, Stefan Johansen, and Tom Cairney. Oliver Norwood does not deserve to be left out, but when fully fit, Cairney is your best player so someone has to go.

Up front, I have Ryan Sessegnon on the left, Aleksandar Mitrovic in the center, and on the right I have Sheyi Ojo. I struggled to pick between Lucas Piazon and Ojo, but went with the player who has more pace, and fits into the philosophy that Jokanovic wants to play.

I could have easily picked Piazon, because right now I think he is the more polished overall player, but Ojo when fit I think is the bigger threat against the opposition.

My XI: Bettinelli, Fredericks, Kalas, Ream, Targett; McDonald, Norwood, Johansen; Ojo, Mitrovic, Sessegnon

Russ Goldman's strongest XI

Combined team, Fulham Focus

This is a combined effort from the team over at Fulham Focus, who have voted for their most popular XI.

The only positions that weren't agreed were that four went for Odoi over Kalas but everyone agreed it was the hardest position to pick between those two. Two went for Kamara instead of Mitrovic and one for Fonte. One for Ojo over Piazon. The rest of the team was 100% agreed.

Our XI: Bettinelli, Targett, Ream, Kalas, Fredericks, McDonald, Johansen, Cairney, Sessegnon, Mitrovic, Piazon

Fulham Focus' combined XI

Aaron Paul, BBC London

In Marcus Bettinelli, Fulham have a solid shot stopper, and someone who evidently has dressing room presence; which ultimately transpires to the pitch. The back four are strong and pretty much pick themselves. In Kalas and Ream you have two defenders who have simply improved over time, whilst there have been some questions over Kalas' performances this season, his partnership with Ream has grown from strength to strength. No doubt with huge credit to the American- Ream offers a calm head and is excellent in pressurised situations, for someone I personally wasn't a fan of, it's nice to see how much of a fan favourite he has become.

The midfield picks itself really, Kevin McDonald- Braveheart, The Carnoustie Crusher, the man is a machine, very committed, passionate and a leader, and a great guy as well. Stefan Johansen has seen his critics come and go this season with some hit and miss performances but I think he is the perfect foil for Tom Cairney to operate as freely as he does. Credit must go to Johansen for that stunning goal at Cardiff- the way he was looking behind him for runners- it was like he was running in the Olympics!.

Tom Cairney- what can you say about the guy, he is getting better and better each day, I was sceptical when he was appointed captain in the summer, but I think TC has really excelled in the role, he is an integral cog in the Fulham machine, and I think that Slavisa Jokanovic's style of play really gets the most out of him.

The front three have been the most difficult choice of all. I think the only definite starter for me is Ryan Sessegnon, he has shone on the wing and in an attacking position. what concerns and (angers) me is the National Press and their portrayal of the new boy wonder. I think that playing at Fulham has given Ryan a grounding, he's had to grow up and learn fast, and as long as he doesnt get poached by another club to play at Left Back- i think we may have found the solution to England's long term left wing issue.

The right wing is a problem for me, I love Lucas Piazon but feel that maybe his work rate and his evident affinity to the fans and club will always put him above Kebano and Ayite in the fans eyes. Kebano is another player that i do like, he's quick, with a low centre of gravity and a powerful shot, he is definitely a great asset to have in the squad. I've opted for Floyd Ayite because I feel he is the most natural winger out of those up for selection, he can be intelligent on the ball and plays some neat touches, I'm going to go for him.

Rui Fonte is a bit of a mystery, technically he is gifted, there is no doubt, but in my opinion his relatively small stature lets him down in what is a physical league, there could be an argument that Fonte is more of a number 10, which would be understandable. In my opinion, that is why Mitrovic comes in over Fonte, he is what I would call a complete forward, with the ability to drop deep to collect and work the ball towards goal, and be a poacher on the flipside!

My XI: Bettinelli, Fredericks, Kalas, Ream, Targett; McDonald, Johansen, Cairney; Ayite, Sessesgnon, Mitrovic

Aaron's XI

Lydia Campbell, HammyEnd.com

My strongest XI is quite close to what Slavisa Jokanovic has been able to field over the past couple of games and, bar Bolton, it has worked very well for us. Marcus Bettinelli for me should always play ahead of Button and the results speak for themselves there. Tim Ream and Tomas Kalas have forged a strong partnership in the centre of defence and although there is a mistake in them, together they are better options than Djalo playing with either of them. Denis Odoi has proved himself as a decent stand in, but his lack of height is worrying at CB.

Fulham under Jokanovic play best with wingbacks, and Ryan Fredericks and Matty Target get the nod for me. Targetts home debut against Nottingham Forest was brilliant, bar a few poor final balls, and shows why he is so highly rated. Throughout the start of the season when Fulham were struggling, Fredericks was often our best player and should start ahead of Christie for now at least.

(Image: Paul Burgman)

In the midfield, Kevin McDonald is our anchor and was the sort of player missing from Fulham during the relegation year and the two seasons that followed. By breaking up play in front of the defence, McDonald has been our underrated saviour this season and last. Despite some difficult games this year, I would still go for Stefan Johansen next in centre midfield playing alongside Tom Cairney. Johansen looks a better player beside Cairney, which again highlights the importance of our captain going forward. Norwood has quality, but I think he does Cairney's job well when needed, but isn't quite as affective when standing in for Johansen.

Cairney himself is the heart beat of the Fulham team that wants promotion. Although we have played without him a lot this season because of injury, I would always have him on when available.

Ryan Sessegnon has made the left wing position his and I just think that we have to enjoy him while we can! He seems to have already formed a promising partnership with Targett so it will be exciting to see how they do in the run in.

Lucas Piazon has the gile and passion that is required for promotion so I would have him starting at right wing.

Up front is the difficult decision but I would go with Mitrovic there if fully fit. This is purely down to the fact that he is proven in England while Kamara and Fonte are still finding their feet. That and the fact that he would probably run through a brick wall for fellow country man Jokanovic is why he gets the nod.

My XI: Bettinelli, Fredericks, Ream, Kalas, Targett, McDonald, Johansen, Cairney, Piazon, Mitrovic, Sessegnon

Ryan O'Donovan's starting XI

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-slavisa-jokanovics-strongest-xi-14277249

WhiteJC

Tom Cairney reiterates Fulham commitment after links to clubs including Newcastle United and West Ham United

Newcastle United, West Ham United and West Bromwich Albion were all credited with interest in the Fulham midfielder.

Tom Cairney has reiterated his commitment to Fulham after speculation linking him with moves to Newcastle United, West Bromwich Albion and West Ham United in January.

The Fulham captain - who has helped last season's beaten play-off semi-finalists back into the top six after a rocky start to the new campaign - is regarded as one of the best players outside the Premier League.

Newcastle and West Brom were both credited with interest in Cairney last month [Northern Echo], shortly before West Ham were said to have had a £15 million offer turned down [Sky Sports].

Fulham ultimately held on to the 27-year-old, who signed a new deal as recently as July last year. And speaking to the club's website on Tuesday, Cairney seemed to have no issue with the Cottagers' decision to stand firm.

"I can't do anything more than I did in the summer," he said. "I signed an extension.

"There was a lot going off in the summer and then a bit in January as everyone knew.

"It's just one of those things in football, if things like that happen it's because I'm doing the right things but I'm happy here and just want to carry on playing football and hopefully get this team back in the Premier League."

12th in mid-December, Fulham have since won seven and drawn two of their nine league matches, catapulting Slavisa Jokanovic's side to fifth position.

Should the Cottagers fail to gain promotion this time out, however, they are likely to find Cairney harder to tie down, especially if the likes of Newcastle, West Brom and West Ham maintain their alleged interest.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/13/tom-cairney-reiterates-fulham-commitment-after-links-to-clubs-in/

WhiteJC

How Aston Villa are expected to line up in huge clash vs Fulham - predicted XI

Here's the Villa XI we think Steve Bruce will pick against Fulham on Saturday

Aston Villa travel to Fulham on Saturday looking to achieve a small slice of claret and blue history.

A victory would be Villa's eighth on the spin in the league and they haven't managed that since Ron Saunders' side in 1975.

Aside from chasing a long-standing record, Villa's team are also looking to get one over on a direct rival for promotion.

Craven Cottage success would all but end Fulham's hopes of snatching second spot - but defeat would hand them momentum.

Team news

Albert Adomah was suffering with a hamstring problem against Birmingham City but recovered to fire in the decisive goal in the second half.

The Ghanaian has found the net 14 times this season and will be monitored throughout the week by Villa's coaching staff.

Jonathan Kodjia (ankle) and Jed Steer (shoulder) remain long term absentees.

Our prediction

Given the significance of the game it's hard to look beyond the XI which performed so well against Blues on Sunday. Mile Jedinak's inclusion seemed to give Conor Hourihane and Jack Grealish, particularly the former, more licence to roam and create havoc.

Birkir Bjarnason lost his place to Jedinak and will be trying to regain it for the match against the Cottagers.

Lewis Grabban made his debut against Blues as a late substitute and will be itching for more action in claret and blue.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-aston-villa-expected-line-14285514

WhiteJC

Cairney refutes January transfer rumours
by Dan on February 13, 2018

Tom Cairney has reiterated that he remains happy at Fulham – and his sole focus is helping the Whites return to the Premier League.

The Fulham captain was the subject of frenzied transfer speculation during the January transfer window, with Premier League clubs West Brom and West Ham linked with moves for his signature. Sky Sports even suggested that Cairney, who has missed a large chunk of this season with a troublesome knee injury, had told Fulham that he wanted to move to the London Stadium.

But, speaking to FulhamFCTV, the Scottish international said that he had learned not to pay too much attention to transfer speculation over the course of his career and insisted he wanted to help Slavisa Jokanovic's side reach the top flight:

I can't do anything more than I did in the summer, I signed an extension, there was a lot going off in the summer and then a bit in January as everyone knew. It's just one of those things in football, if things like that happen it's because I'm doing the right things but I'm happy here and just want to carry on playing football and hopefully get this team back in the Premier League.

Cairney, who made his return from injury as a substitute in Fulham's 1-1 draw at Bolton Wanders on Saturday, also confirmed that he is feeling much more comfortable with his knee following extensive rehabilation undertaken earlier this month.

I did a bit of rehab, just something a bit different to get away from the training ground and get off the pitch and try and concentrate on things to help my injury. It feels okay, I played 20 minutes or so on Saturday and I've been training and doing quite a lot off the pitch still so I have to try and stay on top of it.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/02/cairney-refutes-january-transfer-rumours/

WhiteJC

Fulham may already have Ryan Fredericks replacement in Cyrus Christie

Fulham snapped up Cyrus Christie on transfer deadline day.

The January transfer window may be over, but that isn't stopping speculation surrounding West Ham United and their potential targets ahead of the summer transfer window.

The Hammers ended January with two new faces in through the London Stadium doors, as Joao Mario and Jordan Hugill arrived from Inter Milan and Preston North End respectively, before manager David Moyes completed another deal last week.

West Ham brought in Patrice Evra on a free transfer from Marseille last week, adding the veteran left back to their defensive ranks for the rest of the season, and now links are emerging for the summer too.

Football.London report that West Ham are keen to bring in Fulham defender Ryan Fredericks on a free transfer, given that his contract expires at the end of the season.

Fredericks, 25, came up through the ranks with Tottenham Hotspur but has made his name with Fulham, starring in the Championship with consistent displays at right back for Slavisa Jokanovic's side whilst displaying great pace and attacking ability.

Whilst Fredericks will now play out the rest of the season attempting to help Fulham return to the Premier League, he could be back there anyway next term – and the Cottagers may have hinted that they are planning for life without him.

Fulham swooped on deadline day to land right back Cyrus Christie from Middlesbrough in a £3million deal (The Northern Echo); a considerable outlay for the defender, who will initially serve as cover for Fredericks.

However, many believe that the Republic of Ireland ace has been brought in with a view to replacing Fredericks next season, saving the club from having to bring in a right back this summer and get him up to speed with Jokanovic's style.

That suggests that Fredericks could be on his way out of Craven Cottage, and with a new deal currently looking unlikely, West Ham may be in a great place to land a bargain.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/13/fulham-may-already-have-ryan-fredericks-replacement-in-cyrus-chr/

WhiteJC

Targett Relishing Villa Test

Matt Targett says Fulham would have comfortably beaten Bolton Wanderers if we'd managed to be slightly more clinical on Saturday.

After Targett's early opener, the Whites created a number of good chances but were unable to add to the tally.

And when asked if it was two points dropped, Targett replied: "Yeah I think so, we had a lot of good chances to go 2-0 up and kill the game off, but as long as it stays 1-0 Bolton are always going to have the chance of getting back into it.

"On another day we would have won that game 4-0 or 4-1, but at least we're getting in the positions and creating those chances."

Targett broke his duck on what was only his third Fulham appearance and also claimed the Man of the Match award.

It's been a fine start to his loan spell by the Thames, and the left-back is grateful for the way he's been received by the Whites faithful.

"The fans have been great to me," he said. "They've shown a lot of support to me and encouraged me a lot, so I'm happy I'm playing well and hopefully I can continue in that way.

"It was nice to score my first professional goal. I wanted to play a one-two with Sess, but he decided to cross!

"So I just thought why not get myself in there at the back post, as the Gaffer likes his full-backs to be attacking, very high, and Lucas did great to win the header and put it back across to me.

"I'm really happy to score, but obviously disappointed we didn't get the three points."

Aston Villa are next up when they visit Craven Cottage, in a match which pits the Sky Bet Championship's form sides against one another.

Fulham have won seven from nine while Steve Bruce's men have triumphed in their last seven outings, and Targett admitted that inflicting a rare defeat on Villa would be a real signal of intent.

"It would be a massive statement," he stated. "We've got a lot of catching up to do with them, they're seven points ahead of us, so I think it's a more important game for us than it is for them, and we need to win it.

"I think if you look at their squad, it's a Premier League squad on paper, so it will be good to test ourselves against that.

"It's a massive game. We're both in great form, so it should be a good game and hopefully we can get the three points."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/february/14/matt-targett-relishing-villa-test

Matt10

Why in the world do they have TC and StefJo's positions swapped? TC is always on the right and StefJo is on the left.