watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ryan Fredericks

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, February 11, 2018, 09:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facts Not Fiction

Fredericks is 90% of a perfect RB for us. That 10% missing is his crossing ability and his hotheadedness.

If he isn't committed to the club, I would say a fond farewell to a decent servant, and welcome in Christie.

Twig

I read about the Wet Spam rumour in the press on Sunday but I forget which paper.  The short article said he would go for free because he would be out of contract.  I dismissed that as nonsense because I understood we had a right to opt to extend for one year?

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: Twig on February 12, 2018, 08:48:47 PM
I read about the Wet Spam rumour in the press on Sunday but I forget which paper.  The short article said he would go for free because he would be out of contract.  I dismissed that as nonsense because I understood we had a right to opt to extend for one year?

The deal would most likely be, that Fredericks continues to play, allows us to activate his year extension, so that we get some dosh in the summer. Seen it done many times.

davew

Why would he join a Championship side when he could stay with a team newly promoted to the PL, makes no sense!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Twig on February 12, 2018, 08:48:47 PM

Given his age, would we not be entitled to compensation if he were to join an English club at the end of the season?

MJG

Once again people mention an extension. The club have at no time mentioned this, be it in his contract signing or any other news.
Just the views of a long term fan

Twig

Quote from: MJG on February 12, 2018, 10:19:12 PM
Once again people mention an extension. The club have at no time mentioned this, be it in his contract signing or any other news.

Me bad, in that case the rumour makes more sense.

MikeW

I think the expression 'be careful what you wish for' comes in to play for Ryan.  As with others I have reservations about his crossing but consider also his style which is essentially push & run.  Effective at this level but against seasoned Prem quality wing backs and full backs? I have my doubts.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Holders

Quote from: MrD1879 on February 12, 2018, 01:24:24 PM
You don't spend the money we did on a back up right back in the championship that's for sure.

I'd wager the club has run out of patience with Fredericks contract offers and moved on. We 'll trigger the extra year to ensure we get money and he goes in the summer

Precisely.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FulhamStu

But he will double his money and be made for life.  If it doesn't work out he will move on.  Once a Premier club come in for you, it's really tough to stop it happening.

Bill2

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 12, 2018, 01:29:54 PM
Quote from: SG on February 12, 2018, 12:40:04 PM
if he goes lets hope that Christie can put a better ball into the centre than Ryan. How often does he avoid the first defender when in a good position - not that often and this negates so much of his good work

If he improves his crossing he would be as good as Kyle walker.
I like Ryan F but his crossing is poor and we need to remember that he was the only outfield player last season who didn't score, something he is continuing this season. I hope he signs a new contract and will be more than pleased to see his name on the team sheet every week.

Twig

Quote from: Bill2 on February 13, 2018, 01:24:40 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 12, 2018, 01:29:54 PM
Quote from: SG on February 12, 2018, 12:40:04 PM
if he goes lets hope that Christie can put a better ball into the centre than Ryan. How often does he avoid the first defender when in a good position - not that often and this negates so much of his good work

If he improves his crossing he would be as good as Kyle walker.
I like Ryan F but his crossing is poor and we need to remember that he was the only outfield player last season who didn't score, something he is continuing this season. I hope he signs a new contract and will be more than pleased to see his name on the team sheet every week.

I do agree that he should be chipping in with 4 or 5 goals per season playing from his position.  Given his poor goal scoring return and his limited crossing ability he is probably a Championship player rather than a player with Prem potential.  I'd be sorry to see him leave but we have signed a replacement and if he doesn't want to sign a new contract then we move on and I'm fine with that too.

mrmicawbers

I imagine Fulham will be offering a signing on Fee which could be significant when you then compare to Premiership wages it may not be that muck once amortised.He holds all the cards at the moment.One should consider how happy you are in your workplace and put a value on that.He has struggled to settle before at other clubs but obviously they are a London Club.I hope he stays and develops further with us.

grandad

I have always liked him but I think he has reached as far as possible in his development. He is no way near being Premiership quality & he will find that out as Malone has done.
I would like him to sign a new contract with us so he can be Christie´s understudy next season .
Where there's a will there's a wife

BestOfBrede

I want him to stay, but if his staying reduces S. Sessegnons chances then I would say let him - we then have Sess ll and Christie

hovewhite

Quote from: FulhamStu on February 13, 2018, 10:42:04 AM
But he will double his money and be made for life.  If it doesn't work out he will move on.  Once a Premier club come in for you, it's really tough to stop it happening.
I would not blame Fredericks or any player doing it.

MrFFC

I really like Fredericks but hope to see Christie get a chance soon especially if Fredericks is looking to move on
Come on you Whites!! :)

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Statto on February 13, 2018, 06:22:27 PM
Quote from: grandad on February 13, 2018, 03:16:27 PM
I have always liked him but I think he has reached as far as possible in his development. He is no way near being Premiership quality & he will find that out as Malone has done.
I would like him to sign a new contract with us so he can be Christie´s understudy next season .

have to disagree, he's 25, younger than malone, and probably not yet peaked. unlike malone he has a USP, pace, and as for his crossing, he's still our highest assist provider (over Johansen, Norwood, Cairney, Sessegnon) i believe so must be doing something right. IMO he's possibly the only player in our entire team that i think could easily slot in a bottom half premierhsip team's starting XI and still be one of their better players

On the many, many occasions during a game he finds himself with the ball at his feet in a position to cross the ball he has a very low successes rate in causing danger to the opposition.

He must be given credit for getting in those positions but considering the number of opportunities he has during a game his attempts to cross before being closed down, get the cross past the first man or simply put the ball in to the danger area is poor.

He may well be high on the assist stats chart due to the way we play more than the individual players talent, so is a player scores 5 penalties out of 15 better than one who scores 2 out of 3?

I am aware that a teams success can be due to the whole being greater than the sum of its parts and Fredericks generally plays a good part in our team.
He's just so wasteful, surely a professional should be able to work on his technique and improve?