watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tom Cairney

Started by Southcoastffc, February 13, 2018, 01:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Seems to be properly back in the fold (for now).  Half-hearted rubbishing of transfer speculation.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/february/13/tom-cairney-happy-to-be-back

www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-captain-tom-cairney-offers-14283175
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

BedsFFC

I was away on business for the last few days of the transfer window.

This forum in January was bombarded with about 90% of posts being about the fact that either

A: The Charman and his son were idiots
B; The Charman and his son would sanction no signings
C; The Charman and his son would sell our assets
D; Our key players were clearly unhappy and would leave
E; Slavisa was so angry he would leave
F; TC was clearly on his way

The transfer window post added about 60 pages in January. It was just recycling all the above.

When you are overseas and just have your mobile to quickly scan for news, it was so annoying just seeing the same people saying the same negative things over and over again. Every thread was hijacked by about ten people. The fact we were winning every game in the month just seemed irrelevant to their incessant point that FFC was falling apart at the seams.

Then the window comes and goes and nobody leaves and the club seems to be in the sort of shape the rest of us kinda knew it was, which is somewhere between not as good as we think after a win and nowhere near as bad as we think after a loss.

I got back in the country on Feb 6th and guess what? The posters have just either disappeared or gone very quiet. Not a "joke" about Glenda the tea lady in sight

Am I the only person that get a little wound up by this?

Burt

Quote from: BedsFFC on February 13, 2018, 01:32:07 PM

No point getting wound up by it.

You just need to let it wash over you, and accept that 99% of all the rumours etc. during a transfer window is complete rubbish.

bencher

I got back in the country on Feb 6th and guess what? The posters have just either disappeared or gone very quiet. Not a "joke" about Glenda the tea lady in sight

Wait, what? Hilda was sold to Spurs? I suppose we picked up this Glenda from some French Ligue 2 team nobody's every heard of...

Fulham Joe

What's the bloke who makes the tea got to do with anything?

filham

Perhaps during the Winter Window this board should carry a formal Health Warning .

grandad

I find it best to totally ignore the few egotists as soon as they hijack a thread. Don´t rise to the bait. This forum is no different to any other forms of social media. I am learning to be selective to what I respond to.
Where there's a will there's a wife

love4ffc

Quote from: grandad on February 13, 2018, 03:03:44 PM
I find it best to totally ignore the few egotists as soon as they hijack a thread. Don´t rise to the bait. This forum is no different to any other forms of social media. I am learning to be selective to what I respond to.
0001.jpeg
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

BedsFFC

Quote from: grandad on February 13, 2018, 03:03:44 PM
Advice noted

Milo

People can, with the benefit of hindsight, ridicule those of us who thought he would go all they like. However realistically the West Ham news reports, the fact Cairney wasn't playing when declared fit in a press conference, and no public denial of the speculation only points to one thing.

I won't apologise for putting 2 and 2 together to make 4... I'm still convinced he wanted to go.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Milo on February 13, 2018, 04:31:28 PM
People can, with the benefit of hindsight, ridicule those of us who thought he would go all they like. However realistically the West Ham news reports, the fact Cairney wasn't playing when declared fit in a press conference, and no public denial of the speculation only points to one thing.

I won't apologise for putting 2 and 2 together to make 4... I'm still convinced he wanted to go.
Mate, I wasn't sure then and am not certain now about TC. Absolutely valid topic for a football forum.

Southcoastffc

Like most others, I have absolutely no idea whether TC was likely to go in the window.  However, in my OP I said "half-hearted rubbishing of speculation" - that's because i viewed the interview on the club site and, to me, he comes across that way, sheepish, mumbling, not making eye contact.  Perhaps he just needs a bit more media training?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

alfie

This forum in January was bombarded with about 90% of posts being about the fact that either

The transfer window post added about 60 pages in January. It was just recycling all the above.

When you are overseas and just have your mobile to quickly scan for news, it was so annoying just seeing the same people saying the same negative things over and over again. Every thread was hijacked by about ten people. The fact we were winning every game in the month just seemed irrelevant to their incessant point that FFC was falling apart at the seams.

Then the window comes and goes and nobody leaves and the club seems to be in the sort of shape the rest of us kinda knew it was, which is somewhere between not as good as we think after a win and nowhere near as bad as we think after a loss.

No you are not the only one, there are a good few on here that are always stating that Khan has no interest in the club, has no ambition, without actually knowing what he thinks.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

PokerMatt

Pretty sure A-F in BedsFFC's list isn't exclusive to January or transfer windows.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Woolly Mammoth

Yes you probably are, and even if there are others that agree with you, go and have a lie down, Hilda will make you a cup of tea, otherwise you will never live to be 100.
Anyway you must try and get your facts right. Hilda makes the Rosy Lee.
Glenda ran off with Sir Craven of Cottage a while ago now. Hilda has been the resident Tea Pot, since Billy the Badger arrived.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

gezkc

Quote from: PokerMatt on February 13, 2018, 06:20:15 PM
Pretty sure A-F in BedsFFC's list isn't exclusive to January or transfer windows.

You're absolutely right, and I fully expect it all to start up again if we don't get 18 points from the next 6 games.  :doh:

Woolly Mammoth

and that is the minimum that is acceptable.

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 13, 2018, 04:58:54 PM
Like most others, I have absolutely no idea whether TC was likely to go in the window.  However, in my OP I said "half-hearted rubbishing of speculation" - that's because i viewed the interview on the club site and, to me, he comes across that way, sheepish, mumbling, not making eye contact.  Perhaps he just needs a bit more media training?

I'm glad he's not media trained, coming across glib and bland, speaking without ever really saying anything.

I think he's just  like he appears - quite shy probably. In the interview he just seemed like he always is.

Woolly Mammoth

Which begs the question, why was he appointed as captain.
As he does not have in my opinion the qualities that I would consider Captain material, certainly not a leader, comes across as too meek and fragile, not assertive enough. 
What baffles me is that the one outstanding candidate who should be Captain no matter what, is Kevin McDonald, all very odd.

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Kev Mac,he would be a leader, blood,sweat, tears for the cause,I think TC is captain purely for him not the team.