watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A slippery slide?

Started by General, February 14, 2018, 08:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11250541/arsene-wenger-pierre-emerick-aubameying-ruling-makes-no-sense

Saw this article recently where wenger criticised the inability to play aubameyang in European competition and his insistence that because money was spent etc it is ridiculous that he can't play in European competition for arsenal having played for dortmund..

Now the ethical element I assume is to stop clubs with bigger finances just purchasing smaller clubs best players for the sake of it hindering the development of smaller clubs... to prevent bigger clubs essentially buying the monopoly on the sport. Plus it makes the sport fairer and arguably more competitive.

A player is less likely to jump ship if the club he's guaranteed playing champions league football if he's not able to play it when granted a move to a bigger club. He'd have to really want the move to sacrifice what it's arguably the pinnacle of the sport.

So, whilst I do get what wengers saying does it make it right?

Now I can see how money manipulated business and political ethics under similar pretense.

alfie

Quote from: General on February 14, 2018, 08:26:33 PM

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11250541/arsene-wenger-pierre-emerick-aubameying-ruling-makes-no-sense

Saw this article recently where wenger criticised the inability to play aubameyang in European competition and his insistence that because money was spent etc it is ridiculous that he can't play in European competition for arsenal having played for dortmund..

Now the ethical element I assume is to stop clubs with bigger finances just purchasing smaller clubs best players for the sake of it hindering the development of smaller clubs... to prevent bigger clubs essentially buying the monopoly on the sport. Plus it makes the sport fairer and arguably more competitive.

A player is less likely to jump ship if the club he's guaranteed playing champions league football if he's not able to play it when granted a move to a bigger club. He'd have to really want the move to sacrifice what it's arguably the pinnacle of the sport.

So, whilst I do get what wengers saying does it make it right?

Now I can see how money manipulated business and political ethics under similar pretense.
I am with Wenger on this, the guy did not play for Dortmund in Europa he played in Champions league, the fact they have been relegated to Europa should not have any bearings on him playing for Arsenal.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ffc73

Me too. Wenger is right on this one

Sanchez is allowed to play for Utd in the Champions League but if you have played in the Champions League you then cannot play in the Europa. Why not just say if you have played in a European tournament for another club you are cup tied

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC73 on February 14, 2018, 10:31:30 PM
Me too. Wenger is right on this one

Sanchez is allowed to play for Utd in the Champions League but if you have played in the Champions League you then cannot play in the Europa. Why not just say if you have played in a European tournament for another club you are cup tied
isn't it because dortmund are now also in the Europa which has cup tied him as opposed to him being cup tied just because he played in champs league
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HatterDon

I'm amused by the inference that Borussia Dortmund is a "small club."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

gang

Quote from: HatterDon on February 15, 2018, 02:11:29 AM
I'm amused by the inference that Borussia Dortmund is a "small club."
:005: :005:

Lowest attendance     2016-17.    55,094
Average attendance.  2016-17.    79,653
Wenger crazy man.

filham

I find it hard to shed tears for these big clubs when they don't like established rules that act against them.