Main Menu

Biggest crowd of the season

Started by FulhamStu, February 14, 2018, 02:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

cookieg

I do hope we keep the noise down tomorrow afternoon. I really can't stand the loud rabble putting me off my prawn sandwiches.

thebumponleroyshead

The gin bar tends to engender a lackadaisical zealousness, what what.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

VancouverWhite

I'm calling for a double booking for Terry and Mitro, no way those two will give up an inch to each other.

SuffolkWhite

Never like the fact that the away end stands throughout the game, I'm sure standing makes for a better support.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

thebumponleroyshead

Not that I'm saying the ultra style loudspeaker-guy-at-the-front would necessarily work as English, and particularly Fulhamish self deprecating organic chants don't exist when being dictated to, but it works great in Europe. Palace and Huddersfield are examples have shown this to work. I'm not saying copy the chants of one leader but stand up hammy for bleeds  sake for the biggest game so far. I don't get it personally, if you used your legs to get to your seat you can distribute the weight from right to left for 45 mins surely? If you want to sit the other stands are available. Apologies to all those who'd rather sit and stand 27 times in a half, which is the current option that some people pay good money at virgin active for.  :010:
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

bog

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 16, 2018, 04:53:07 PM
Quote from: bog on February 16, 2018, 04:22:55 PM
I cannot  wait. Am exercising my vocal chords by pretending that Sir Knickerless Clegg has invited himself into my house for an evening meal.  COYW :yay: :yay: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: 049:gif 049:gif

Thank you and good night 

092.gif
That's a slightly disturbing image!

Isn't it just!

BarneyTravers

In my 43 years of following London's oldest team the loudest I have ever heard our supporters roar the team to victory  (and it was a roar) was against tomorrow's opponents dear neighbours Birmingham City in May 2008...they did not keep on singing til the end of the road because it was drowned out by the vociferous Fulham support.

COYW

SP

Presumably tomorrow sees the return of the charming ticket touts?

FulhamKC

I had to buy a ticket from a tout to attend my first Fulham game. Opening day to Man City in 1999.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: SP on February 16, 2018, 11:37:44 PM
Presumably tomorrow sees the return of the charming ticket touts?
I wonder how many Half season tickets were purchased by them.Not sure what the club could do about it?

G_Gribby

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on February 16, 2018, 05:56:29 PM
Never like the fact that the away end stands throughout the game, I'm sure standing makes for a better support.

We are standing at our away games and we are quit loud.
Safe standing at the Cottage and I promise you atmosphere.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

toshes mate

Quote from: Riversider on February 16, 2018, 04:57:57 PM
Can we please stop this absolute nonsense
As Alice said 'If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense'. There is one simple nonsensical problem which perhaps you can explain - the goal roar from, let us say, 25% of a Craven Cottage gate is almost as loud (in dBs) as the same roar from the remaining 75%  (less neutrals etc) when recorded by media equipment located midway above the Riverside Stand.  In essence the latter should be significantly louder (all things being equal) even if only just over a third of those actually cheer a goal.   The acoustics at the Cottage favour the Putney End for reason that are pretty obvious when you look at a plan of the ground.

bog

Quote from: BarneyTravers on February 16, 2018, 09:54:59 PM
In my 43 years of following London's oldest team the loudest I have ever heard our supporters roar the team to victory  (and it was a roar) was against tomorrow's opponents dear neighbours Birmingham City in May 2008...they did not keep on singing til the end of the road because it was drowned out by the vociferous Fulham support.

COYW

:plus one: I was there and agree COYW!

092.gif

Riversider

Quote from: toshes mate on February 17, 2018, 08:25:08 AM
As Alice said 'If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense'. There is one simple nonsensical problem which perhaps you can explain - the goal roar from, let us say, 25% of a Craven Cottage gate is almost as loud (in dBs) as the same roar from the remaining 75%  (less neutrals etc) when recorded by media equipment located midway above the Riverside Stand.  In essence the latter should be significantly louder (all things being equal) even if only just over a third of those actually cheer a goal.   The acoustics at the Cottage favour the Putney End for reason that are pretty obvious when you look at a plan of the ground.

Even more nonsense 😦
Why not just accept that we just don't have a vocal support ? I sit in Block S of The Riverside and I said before, against Forest you couldn't hear The Hammersmith End for the first 70 minutes, nothing to do with the roof nothing to do with the acoustics but everything to do with the 4000 inhabitants that frequent it,
It's not a complaint,  it's not even a gripe, it's an observation that our support isn't very good, if support was worth a goal (which luckily it isn't) we would be starting today's game 1 Nil down.

irishfulham

I agree acoustics in a football ground 😂 absolute utter rubbish lets get real here for a minute our support is quiet get over it saying it's due to acoustics etc is even more embarrassing I've sat in the Hammersmith sounded quiet I've sat in Johnny Haynes sounded quiet sat in riverside sounded quiet yet putneys loud in each of these places get over it sorry

BedsFFC

Quote from: Riversider on February 17, 2018, 08:42:34 AM

Even more nonsense 😦
Why not just accept that we just don't have a vocal support ? I sit in Block S of The Riverside and I said before, against Forest you couldn't hear The Hammersmith End for the first 70 minutes, nothing to do with the roof nothing to do with the acoustics but everything to do with the 4000 inhabitants that frequent it,
It's not a complaint,  it's not even a gripe, it's an observation that our support isn't very good, if support was worth a goal (which luckily it isn't) we would be starting today's game 1 Nil down.

I seem to recall that the club looked into this. It did seem to come down to the fact that we had a hardcore of singers but they sit at the back of the Hammersmith and whilst it can sound loud near them, unless half the Hammersmith or the JH join in, it doesn't really carry. Of course, when the Hammersmith and JH join, it can get pretty good on those occasions. I have sat in the Riverside twice in 40 years (3 if you include a box once for my birthday). The first was a cup game against swindon when I was so cold it was horrible and the other, last season, when the only noise I heard was the occasional grumbling and boos at halftime.

I can't think of any/many grounds when there isn't a few moments when all parts of the home grounds have a bit of a sing-song. Norwich fans (many of a certain age) will have a go at "On the ball City" a few times every game and it can get the team going.

The fact that the Riverside is right next to the most vocal of away fans does kinda pander to the archetypal view of a FFC fan (which is very unfair)

mrmicawbers

The Hammersmith End is a Deeper than the Putney End and according to an Acoustic study has an adverse effect.Considering most of the vocal supporters are at the back it obviously doesn't help.

Riversider

Quote from: BedsFFC on February 17, 2018, 10:35:50 AM
Quote from: Riversider on February 17, 2018, 08:42:34 AM

Even more nonsense 😦

I seem to recall that the club looked into this. It did seem to come down to the fact that we had a hardcore of singers but they sit at the back of the Hammersmith and whilst it can sound loud near them, unless half the Hammersmith or the JH join in, it doesn't really carry. Of course, when the Hammersmith and JH join, it can get pretty good on those occasions. I have sat in the Riverside twice in 40 years (3 if you include a box once for my birthday). The first was a cup game against swindon when I was so cold it was horrible and the other, last season, when the only noise I heard was the occasional grumbling and boos at halftime.

I can't think of any/many grounds when there isn't a few moments when all parts of the home grounds have a bit of a sing-song. Norwich fans (many of a certain age) will have a go at "On the ball City" a few times every game and it can get the team going.

The fact that the Riverside is right next to the most vocal of away fans does kinda pander to the archetypal view of a FFC fan (which is very unfair)

Block S couldn't be any closer to The Hammersmith End if it tried.

Riversider

Quote from: irishfulham on February 17, 2018, 08:56:47 AM
I agree acoustics in a football ground 😂 absolute utter rubbish lets get real here for a minute our support is quiet get over it saying it's due to acoustics etc is even more embarrassing I've sat in the Hammersmith sounded quiet I've sat in Johnny Haynes sounded quiet sat in riverside sounded quiet yet putneys loud in each of these places get over it sorry

Exactly, well said 👏👏👏⚫⚪⚽️⚫⚪👍