watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bristol City fan in peace with all the local info for next wednesdays match

Started by infoman, February 16, 2018, 07:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

infoman

IMPORTANT Please buy your tickets in advance,as there has been no Pay on the day for away fans so far this season.
FREE transport is a good idea so if you are
Coming by road.
Do NOT USE M4/M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol
YOU WILL GET LOST
If you are coming by road use M4/M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport
It looks the long way round but its quicker.
Parking is normally in the streets around the area as long as you are there by 6pm please don't block drive ways or park on corners.
If you are coming by train there is a local train service to PARSON STREET from Bristol Temple Meads
17:54 18:27 and 18:56
Good train times as most trains from the North or from the London direction arrive at quarter to the hour or quarter past the hour
it takes you two thirds of the way to the ground and walk the rest of the way.BUT no return service.
You will pass Sainsburys on the left with restaurant,Robins pub again on your left hand side
When you approach the ground I suggest you walk past wickes using the pavement
as the concourse area behind the big new stand gets very congested with bodies
Please make sure you get your train ticket showing PARSON STREET
We are trying to promote PARSON STREET for football fans till Ashton gate halt comes on line.
Split train tickets are available to Bristol from the London area.
If there are at least three of you get a taxi
Make sure the taxi driver drops you in the Ashton Road end as it a very long walk round from the other end
Last train back to London is at 22:35,make sure your there in good time.
As their are no Parcel trains Milk trains or Parcel trains anymore.
Casualty usedto filmed in the City don't ask me about the programmes is rubbish
The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City(actually its Bishopston)
Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.
Buy your match day programme before you enter the away end.
BBC Radio station is radio Bristol which has frequencies and 94:9 and DAB and 95:5

Pubs: best ones are along the Cumberland Roads area,suggest park your car and then walk to the ground.
In season 2016/17  on  a wednesday night 632 visited Ashton gate and in 2015/16 1,309 fans visited Ashton Gate
If you  need any further info,feel free to ask.

DevonFFC

Quote from: infoman on February 16, 2018, 07:06:50 AM
IMPORTANT Please buy your tickets in advance,as there has been no Pay on the day for away fans so far this season.
FREE transport is a good idea so if you are
Coming by road.
Do NOT USE M4/M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol
YOU WILL GET LOST
If you are coming by road use M4/M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport
It looks the long way round but its quicker.
Parking is normally in the streets around the area as long as you are there by 6pm please don't block drive ways or park on corners.
If you are coming by train there is a local train service to PARSON STREET from Bristol Temple Meads
17:54 18:27 and 18:56
Good train times as most trains from the North or from the London direction arrive at quarter to the hour or quarter past the hour
it takes you two thirds of the way to the ground and walk the rest of the way.BUT no return service.
You will pass Sainsburys on the left with restaurant,Robins pub again on your left hand side
When you approach the ground I suggest you walk past wickes using the pavement
as the concourse area behind the big new stand gets very congested with bodies
Please make sure you get your train ticket showing PARSON STREET
We are trying to promote PARSON STREET for football fans till Ashton gate halt comes on line.
Split train tickets are available to Bristol from the London area.
If there are at least three of you get a taxi
Make sure the taxi driver drops you in the Ashton Road end as it a very long walk round from the other end
Last train back to London is at 22:35,make sure your there in good time.
As their are no Parcel trains Milk trains or Parcel trains anymore.
Casualty usedto filmed in the City don't ask me about the programmes is rubbish
The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City(actually its Bishopston)
Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.
Buy your match day programme before you enter the away end.
BBC Radio station is radio Bristol which has frequencies and 94:9 and DAB and 95:5

Pubs: best ones are along the Cumberland Roads area,suggest park your car and then walk to the ground.
In season 2016/17  on  a wednesday night 632 visited Ashton gate and in 2015/16 1,309 fans visited Ashton Gate
If you  need any further info,feel free to ask.

What a great bit of info for a traveling fan, thank you

Holders

Great info - thank you. If I'm travelling from the south past the airport, through Dundry and towards Bedminster where's best to park?  And how far away is the Coronation Tap?!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

infoman

parking  if your heading back down south past the airport.
May I suggest parking in hall street or parson street near the railway station.
Then walk down winterstoke road to the ground
Winterstoke road gets very congested and you will spend as much time in your car trying to get away from the ground.
As you will walking
Hope this helps.

Ged

infoman

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bobbo

Also from me big thanks I was looking at that route via m5 but you've now confirmed it.  👍⚽️
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bog

infoman

Final push for as many of you to make the trip to Ashton Gate on Wednesday night.
Any indication of how many Fulham followers will be making the trip?

ffcthereligion

Quote from: infoman on February 18, 2018, 06:18:30 AM
Final push for as many of you to make the trip to Ashton Gate on Wednesday night.

Word during the week was that 1100 had been sold, I suspect we could see around 1300 fans travelling!

HillingdonFFC

Anyone know street parking for cars with a Fulham sticker is like. Am I likely to come back & find the windows put in? Not familiar with the area, always done it by train.
The nearby cricket club looks small, getting on for 1700 sold according to a mate who just got a ticket

ffc2004

Quote from: ffcthereligion on February 18, 2018, 09:27:09 AM
Quote from: infoman on February 18, 2018, 06:18:30 AM

Word during the week was that 1100 had been sold, I suspect we could see around 1300 fans travelling!

1600+