Main Menu

Mac Donald's hamstring is a worry

Started by bobbo, February 17, 2018, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Looks like he pulled it near the end there . Hope he's alright for wednesday
1975 just leaving home full of hope

MrD1879

Think it was more the base of his back he seemed to get a kick when he went down in the box

Woolly Mammoth

Surely if he had tweaked a Hammy, he would have come off straight away.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

Jamie Reid said he pulled a muscle in his bottocks. GJ cried with laughter at that comment. That is the largest muscle one has.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

It was definitely higher than the hamstring area, Jamie's diagnosis seems about right.  It would be sore in the morning, whether he will have to be rested for Wednesday not sure, but I doubt it's a long term problem.

WokinghamWhite

Yes, definitely looked like the er.. gluteus maximus.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

Southcoastffc

Definitely the buttock. Possibly the piriformis - if it is that, it's a very important muscle and I know too well from experience that it's an elbow in the bum job!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ffc73

Thought there was a bit of game management by Kevin. Yes he hurt his back / backside but got a breather for himself & the team got their shape back at the same time

SP

Saw him after the game & he seemed ok.  Lets hope it's not serious.

Peabody

Looked like TC has hurt his shoulder as well.

gang

It looked to me that he landed on the Aston Villa players' boot, painful but ran it off, had it been a hamstring he wouldn't be able to continue.

terryr

GJ seemed to think it was his glutimus maximus
He was holding his left buttock not lower down

sunburywhite

Quote from: WokinghamWhite on February 17, 2018, 06:28:33 PM
Yes, definitely looked like the er.. gluteus maximus.
Wasnt he a Roman emperor?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

gang

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

KMac. took a nasty knock when almost getting our third goal , he left the field but played out the rest of the game . Cairney seemed to be in the midst of a lot of rough and tumble most of the game and at one stage was seen rubbing his shoulder , he too saw out the match.

The two of them are probably in doubt for the Bristol game on Wednesday and Norwood is at the moment preparing to play in both positions.

MrFFC

He finished the game hopefully he is alright. Huge player for us
Come on you Whites!! :)