watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic is an utter Beast !

Started by Riversider, February 17, 2018, 09:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Villa couldn't live with him today, every challenge that presented itself to him he won , and through his ability to hold the ball up so well it gave the keeper the freedom and full license to do whatever he wanted to do with the ball,
Today really showed how much we've missed a target man like Mitro , he's going to be an important player for us for the remainder of the season,
Thought Fredericks was outstanding today as was the young Villa right back and John Terry tired badly , if we end up playing Villa at Wembley in May on a hot afternoon I really hope Terry plays.

filham

Mitrovic looked the best we had tried in that position all season and  earned himself a game against City on Wednesday. A goal would now do him the world of good.

One James stannard

I totally agree, he looked really good today. I didn't think anyone had a bad game.

Really like this lad from Southampton

e4b

Good solid game and caused them trouble every time he had the ball and even when he didn't,did some excellent tackling back and won the ball on numerous occasions.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: One James stannard on February 17, 2018, 09:23:47 PM
I totally agree, he looked really good today. I didn't think anyone had a bad game.

Really like this lad from Southampton

Me too. Balance on the left at last. Targett is superb.

Woolly Mammoth

I couldn't agree more on all counts. Both excellent additions and should make a very big difference, going by today's performances and the opponents we faced.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

He will get fitter but I agree he had a good match today, I especially liked the tackling back. His goal will come and that should boost his confidence.

MikeW

The thing I like about Targett apart from top ability is he plays with a smile on his face.  Mitro was tremendous today.  When he came off you could see he had given his all.  Best 'up top man we've had since the heady days of McBride & Bob. And ... I Slavisa smile.  Straight up, a smile.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

David I

Mitrovic has a good work ethic, skill and vision..
Moment that sticks out for me was him chasing a ball that looked like a impossible task before clattering the linesman.. most would have given up and the rest wouldn't have chased the ball in the first place.

bill taylors apprentice

Considering his lack of games he was outstanding!

NewYorkYank

Mitrovic seems to be the player everyone hoped Chris Martin would be.

Matt10

So happy to see him show more today. I was concerned about pressure up high, but he did just fine and tracked back splendidly. Made some crucial tackles when Villa were trying to restart their attacks, and we were put in good positions as a result. He's begging for the ball and congratulating + encouraging teammates, just have to love that. Very excited for more from this player!

MJG

Make no mistake Mitovic is a really good player and is well above championship level. Pity we didn't get him last January as we planned due to his injury putting him out.
Just the views of a long term fan

ffcthereligion

He was excellent. Fonte a clear third choice now.

WokinghamWhite

Yes, he was excellent. A constant thorn in the side of the Villa defence - he was great both on and off the ball and has a real footballing head. He looks physically intimidating, and his height and strength are a plus as we've often looked like a team of flyweights in a league of big lumps.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Riversider on February 17, 2018, 09:10:57 PM
Villa couldn't live with him today, every challenge that presented itself to him he won , and through his ability to hold the ball up so well it gave the keeper the freedom and full license to do whatever he wanted to do with the ball,
Today really showed how much we've missed a target man like Mitro , he's going to be an important player for us for the remainder of the season,
Thought Fredericks was outstanding today as was the young Villa right back and John Terry tired badly , if we end up playing Villa at Wembley in May on a hot afternoon I really hope Terry plays.

:plus one: He offers more options with the hold up play and he linked well with the team, he can pass a ball to!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

@jolslover

Quote from: MJG on February 18, 2018, 09:14:54 AM
Make no mistake Mitovic is a really good player and is well above championship level. Pity we didn't get him last January as we planned due to his injury putting him out.

Real.
STH H3

hovewhite

Quote from: Holders on February 18, 2018, 11:28:14 AM
The best since Saha in my view.
Was chatting late in game yesterday to another supporter and I said the same thing.

Holders

Quote from: hovewhite on February 18, 2018, 12:52:08 PM
Quote from: Holders on February 18, 2018, 11:28:14 AM
The best since Saha in my view.
Was chatting late in game yesterday to another supporter and I said the same thing.

It's been a long time coming, let's hope we can keep him.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria