watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham top of the form table....

Started by FFCpmd, February 17, 2018, 11:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

..FOF..

To boost our players' psychology, this should be printed and hanged in the dressing room and anywhere else that the players hang out.

JoelH5

After 32 games... over the last 15 games we are top of the form table. Does show you how poorly we started. Wonder why there has been such a turn up in form? I know we had a lot of injuries towards the start of the season
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Twig

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 18, 2018, 12:18:33 AM
After 32 games... over the last 15 games we are top of the form table. Does show you how poorly we started. Wonder why there has been such a turn up in form? I know we had a lot of injuries towards the start of the season

Injured/ not fully fit players early season, poorly planned pre-season, distracting internal political battles, some ill advised summer signings, sale of a couple of key players, need to integrate replacements.  All took too long to resolve.

filham

Quote from: Twig on February 18, 2018, 02:16:04 PM

Injured/ not fully fit players early season, poorly planned pre-season, distracting internal political battles, some ill advised summer signings, sale of a couple of key players, need to integrate replacements.  All took too long to resolve.
But we had all summer to sort these things, who was responsible for the shambles.

Fulham1959

So, we're the only club that doesn't get everything perfectly right, are we ?

For heaven's sake, enjoy the fact that we've got back on track, big time.

MrFFC

Similar record over the next 10 then top 2 is a real possibility
Come on you Whites!! :)

Slaphead in Qatar

All the other teams in the league offer something different at the start of the season compared to previous season. It took time for us to adapt.

MJG

Maybe its in something that Joka and his coaches do?

At Watford second half of season was phenomenal, Last season for us, and now again.
Just the views of a long term fan

toshes mate

Quote from: Twig on February 18, 2018, 02:16:04 PM

Agree.  I think the preferred coaching style necessitates the team solidarity which SJ is now mentioning which has to do with improving mental toughness and squad unity.  To be fair I believe FFC is beginning to bond together at many levels and that has to be good for everybody concerned.  I hope it continues.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on February 19, 2018, 02:25:59 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 19, 2018, 08:09:26 AM
Maybe its in something that Joka and his coaches do?

At Watford second half of season was phenomenal, Last season for us, and now again.

That crossed my mind.

I also think the injury/fitness issues with Cairney, Piazon and Johansen had a big impact.

However you can point to Fonte, Norwood and Kamara as new players who took a long time to adjust and none of them had a pre-season with us. If they'd been signed a month earlier (I'm sure you'll say that's unrealistic) before our first friendly in early July, would they have hit the ground running when the season started in August?
I certainly think the injurys had a lot to do with it and we started getting back in shape once Cairney/Macdonald and Johansen played together for a few games.

Two of the three signings were here before the season began but of course we all want them in early, but it does not happen that way for ANY team be it in the summer or winter windows. I dont think its unrealistic, just the way things panned out.

Pre season was a a bit of a mess due to scheduling issues, due in part to our playoff games. But of course that wont wash with anyone, but hopefully lessons learnt all round.

Just the views of a long term fan

hovewhite

I'm not sure,but playing our intensity of football! Not sure how any team of individuals can get to that level at the starting post.
Now this is not scientific but an individual that's averagely fit to hit extreme speed is niar impossible in the short term without self harm and to get that as a collective ,plus peak as we are results wise.For Slav and his coaches to do this not once but twice with different players,plus injuries .he's in the same atmosphere as tigana!