watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would we have won against Villa if...

Started by Forever Fulham, February 18, 2018, 10:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

Adomah and Grealish had played?  I'm over the moon about the win, but we may face them again in the playoffs.  How key are those two to Villa's success?

davew

I think we should just be thankful that we won yesterday.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham Tup North

Yes, we are a better side than Villa!
Easy.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

We will never know, but I would put my money on yes we would still have won.
But it's irelevant, it's all on the day.
If we bump into them in the play offs, who knows which players will be fit to play on each side.
As far as I am concerned the next match is the most important, which happens to be Bristol City. Nothing else matters only the next match.
Anything could happen before we ever play them again. An Earthquake, A Viking Raid, A Plague of Locusts. The sun could catch on fire.
Never look too far ahead, because the horizon never gets any closer.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

gang

Who cares, you can only play against the opponents that turn up.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Whoever we play against, we are still a possession and attacking team.
We may have needed to tweak the defensive side, but not so much as to deflate our foreard playing intent.

We can beat anyone in this league, and hopefully we will.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

MrFFC

Would have been a harder game for sure but yes we would have still won the game
Come on you Whites!! :)

Mince n Tatties

Yes....Grealish is nowt special imo.
Overrated.

JoelH5

I think so yeah. They may have been more attacking which could have given us more space. They had about 9 men behind the ball at time. Maybe we would have won by more!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

KJS

What does it matter? They didn't and we won at a canter👍

toshes mate

You play the team you face and not the 'best eleven' a club could muster.  This is just an extension of the old story about what 'might have been' had Villa met us on a different day.  The OP could just as easily asked 'would last season's Fulham team have put five past Saturday's Villa team'?  All I would say is that there are not that many footballers who would have taken Ayite's chance so (apparently) nonchalantly as he did.   

Marcel_Gecov

I don't get this Jack Grealish love in. It's been a thing since he was a kid when teams like City were apparently interested. He has one goal in the champ this season and only 5 in all of last season. He would solidly be on our bench and yet he is held up by the English press as a future hope. To me, he is more in common with a Francis Jeffers and will soon drop down the leagues.

MJG

We will never know. But what we do know is that Bruce's team never change and just as many think we are 'predictable' and 'found out' you can say the same of his teams.
So you set yourself up to play whatever Xi he puts out, and they will p[lay (bar the individuals) the same style to a point.

I was never nervous on Saturday. Before hand I hoped we played well and knew we could get a result if we did. And in fact apart from maybe a couple of times in first half I dont think we were troubled at all. Would those players in their team have made a difference? Maybe, maybe not. But we were up for it from the start no matter who was in their XI
Just the views of a long term fan

Tabby

I remember that Grealish scored a brilliant goal from nothing against us last year, so I'd be happy not to have to deal with him in playoffs.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 18, 2018, 10:47:54 PM
Adomah and Grealish had played?  I'm over the moon about the win, but we may face them again in the playoffs.  How key are those two to Villa's success?

If we hadn't of had the injuries to key personal earlier we would  have enough points by now so that Villa wouldn't have mattered. Perhaps.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

SP

I must admit to having a warm glow as the Villa fans were taking their selfies with Adomah outside the press office at around 2pm. For me, a far more dangerous player than Grealish who seems to drift out of games for long periods.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 19, 2018, 12:01:40 AM
We will never know, but I would put my money on yes we would still have won.
But it's irelevant, it's all on the day.
If we bump into them in the play offs, who knows which players will be fit to play on each side.
As far as I am concerned the next match is the most important, which happens to be Bristol City. Nothing else matters only the next match.
Anything could happen before we ever play them again. An Earthquake, A Viking Raid, A Plague of Locusts. The sun could catch on fire.
Never look too far ahead, because the horizon never gets any closer.

Or even an Ice Age