WhiteJC

Results

Sunday
Norwich
1 - 1 Ipswich
Leeds
2 - 2 Bristol City

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic 'very good' against John Terry in first league start for 9 months

Slavisa Jokanovic "Aleksandar Mitrovic was unfortunate not to play for many months, we expect we can help him."

Slavisa Jokanovic was very impressed with Aleksandar Mitrovic on Saturday afternoon.

The Newcastle loan striker was starting his first league match in nine months, as he got his first start for Fulham.

Mitro and his Fulham team-mates were up against Aston Villa, the form team in the Championship with seven straight victories.

However, it was the Cottagers who came out on top with a 2-0 home win and despite not scoring, despite going close a few times, Aleksandar Mitrovic was picked out for praise by his manager after the game.

Up against a defence led by John Terry, Jokanovic credited Mitrovic with playing a major part in the opening goal scored by the excellent Ryan Sessegnon.

The Fulham boss stating: 'His (Mitrovic')  movement for the first goal allowed space for Sessegnon to score an important goal', movement not always seen as one of Mitro's strong points, certainly where Rafa Benitez is concerned.

The final game of the season win over Barnsley that ensured Newcastle finished top of the Championship last May, was the last time the Serbian striker was selected to start a league match.

With the World Cup finals only four months away, Jokanovic believes there is far better to come from his countryman as he gets fully match fit with regular football at last, saying: 'He was unfortunate not to play for many months, we expect we can help him to be in better shape for the upcoming games.'

With 14 games remaining, Mitro has helped Fulham into fifth place, now six points off an automatic promotion spot and five above the clubs trying to get in the play-off positions.

Slavisa Jokanovic:

"Although he didn't score, Aleksandar Mitrovic had a very good game for us.

"He held the ball up very well and had a positive impact on the game.

"His movement for the first goal allowed space for Sessegnon to score an important goal.

"Aleksandar Mitrovic was unfortunate not to play for many months, we expect we can help him to be in better shape for the upcoming games.

"Sessegnon is an extremely talented player and we must push him in the right direction.

"He has definitely improved over the season and I expect he will improve in the future. He's a very important player within my team and my squad.

"We are satisfied with his performance today as he scored an important goal but he must push himself and try and improve each game."

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/02/aleksandar-mitrovic-very-good-against-john-terry-in-first-league-start-for-9-months-newcastle-united-fulham/

WhiteJC

Marcus Bettinelli pinpoints quality of young goalkeepers coming through as testament to Fulham's Academy

The 25-year-old has trodded the path from Academy to first team at Fulham and believes the quality coming through is testament to the club

Marcus Bettinelli believes that the Fulham Academy is a credit to the club and has pinpointed the level of goalkeepers coming through the ranks as testament to its success.

Having trodden the path himself from the youth teams to the first team, via Dartford and Accrington Stanley, the Fulham number one knows just how difficult it is for a goalkeeper to break through into the first team set-up at a professional football club.

Marek Rodak, Julian Schwarzer, Taye and Luca Ashby- Hammond, Magnus Norman - all these are young goalkeepers that have been made in the Academy, and all harbour hopes of one day following in Bettinelli's footsteps and pulling on the number one jersey in the Craven Cottage dressing room.

There's quality coming through in all positions in the Academy, and Bettinelli thinks what it has achieved under the stewardship of Huw Jennings is a credit to the club.

He said: "I think it's terrific, I think Fulham has always been a club over the years that have produced great goalkeepers, going from the first team all the way through.

"You look at the likes of David Stockdale, who came in from Darlington and turned him into a Premier League/Championship goalkeeper.

"There's Neil Etheridge who came through the ranks and is playing at Cardiff, Wes Foderingham at Rangers and Marek Rodak is doing really well on loan as well and I think Jesse Joronen just got a move to Copenhagen.

"I think that speaks wonders for the job the Academy does in terms of goalkeepers, to produce six or seven goalkeepers that are playing in the league, including Rodak who is on loan, is fantastic.

"Magnus has had a little injury recently so we've had a few of the young lads come up and train with us, Julian Schwarzer travelled with us to Bolton and Luca has been around it and Taylor Ashby-Hammond, Luca's brother, they both have bright futures

One of our own: Marcus Bettinelli (Image: Harry Trump/Getty Images)

"In terms of keepers at Fulham, I don't think there ever will be a problem, I think they'll always produce goalkeepers and they always seem to produce high quality goalkeepers and that's great.

"For someone like me that's done it and been in their position, it's not easy trying to break into the first team, it's really hard but I think they've been given a great chance.

"There's great goalkeeping coaches here, there always has been and I think the most important thing for them is to go out and try and get games like I did when I went on loan to Dartford and Accrington.

"When you go and get games it gives you key experience and that is what training can't teach you.

"I say that to the lads now and I'm sure they'll take it on board and try and get out soon and get on loan and get some games.

"But I think in terms of what Fulham and the Academy does, not just in terms of goalkeepers but players in general, you can see it this season with Sess and his brother, we have a lot of potential coming through and it's a credit to the club."

When Bettinelli mentions goalkeeping coaches at Fulham, the first person that springs to mind is father, Vic.

He's the Academy goalkeeping coach and focuses on the U17 to U19 scholars at the club, and as well as having an impact on the careers of future Fulham keepers, he's had a massive influence on his son's fledging football career - something that Bettinelli is forever grateful for.

He said: "I think my dad has always had a major role in my life growing up in terms of my football career and I'm sure he always will do.

"I know he's super proud of me, he can't come and watch the games because he gets a little too nervous unfortunately, but I'm forever grateful for what he's done for me.

"He's given me a base to go on and make a name for myself in this game and give me a career and I can only thank him for that.

"In that sense, I'm forever grateful for him and he's always there for me, whether I need guidance or advice.

"He gets too nervous to come and watch the games now so he can't give me too much advice because he doesn't know what I've done wrong in the games but when he does watch the highlights and stuff he's always there when I need him and I'm forever grateful for it."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/marcus-bettinelli-pinpoints-quality-young-14301409

WhiteJC

How Leeds United, Fulham and Cardiff City could shape Bristol City's season

The Robins' fate could be almost sealed after playing promotion-chasing rivals

After a spiralling run of form now is the time for the real Bristol City to stand up. The Robins need to spread their wings and get flying again.

The next three games are pivotal in securing a place in the top six of the league, though this writer doesn't rule out automatic promotion just yet.

Jamie McAllister agreed with us when we asked him at the end of last week: this is a 'key' part of the Championship campaign coming up, and City really need to get winning.

Our prediction? A draw, win and loss in that order that may well be enough to set the path forward to a play-off spot.

Leeds United
The Leeds game is tempered by having to go to Elland Road to face the Whites in Paul Heckingbottom's first game in charge at the club.

It also doesn't help that the key Nathan Baker is missing.

However, Leeds are missing many key players including chief architect of the 0-3 win at Ashton Gate, Samuel Saiz. We predict a draw.

Fulham
The visit of the Cottagers is huge with the west London side immediately above City in the table.

Slavisa Jokanovic's side have divided our office: their fine run in the league of fou wins and a draw makes us worried but then we're heartened by the way that City played at Craven Cottage.

This game could prove whther City can make the top six. We're going for a win.

Cardiff City
The hardest game of the three and the closest. Neil Warnock will have his side whipped up for the visit of City.

The Bluebirds seem to have turned the corner of late form-wise and should be stronger than in the Ashton gate meeting by being able to field the impressive Kenneth Zohore.

We're predicting the worst here, to keep things realistic, which would wave goodbye to hopes of automatic promotion but see the Robins still in with a shot of the top six.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-fixtures-leeds-united-1228152

WhiteJC

Flawless Fulham throw down the gauntlet
by Sarah on February 18, 2018

It was when I was walking through Bishop's Park in the unseasonal sunshine yesterday afternoon that the nerves really got to me. Aston Villa – the divsion's form side with a genuine claim on an automatic promotion place – lay in wait and the first test in a run of real make or break matches was only a couple of hours away. As one of those football fans who has made their journey to the game something of a ritual, I'm an early arriver at Craven Cottage as much to take in the magnificence of the ground as anything else.

There was almost a hush around the place as time ticked around to three o'clock. By the time I took my seat, my heart was almost leaping out of my chest – which was unusual as I don't normally get nervous about the games we play these days. The early stages were tight – with both teams feeling each other out as if they were the boxers at the start of the evening's main event in Manchester – and even Slavisa Jokanovic looked affected by at it, albeit briefly, waving his arms around and then leaving them apart in protest at a refereeing decision that attracted a reaction from Stephen Clemence on the Villa bench.

All that anxiety evaporated in the second half with young Ryan Sessegnon to the fore. We'll soon be running of superlatives for the lad. With all the euphoria that has accompanied yesterday's victory, nobody has really talked about the quality of his finish. After Mitrovic, who had an outstanding game leading the line, distracting the Villa defenders, Sessegnon ghosted into a dangerous area almost unnoticed and then improvised the vital touch – taking the ball into the only place that Sam Johnstone couldn't reach.

The noise was phenomenal and Villa never looked like recovering the poise and organisation of the first half. For one thing, they had to try and plot a course back into the contest – and chasing the game didn't fit the workmanlike gameplan Steve Bruce had constructed. Though he sent on Lewis Grabban and Keinan Davis in search of an equaliser, Villa struggled to stifle Fulham's industry and after Floyd Ayite had punished the goalkeeper's catastrophic error with a beautifully taken second from the centre circle, the hosts were rampant.

Mitrovic, who made John Terry looked like a washed up remnant of the man who once bestrode big games like this like a colossus, might have added a header and Kevin McDonald could have applied the finishing touch to a fine Fulham break. Aboubakar Kamara nearly found the net with his first touch again and, in the closing stages, it seemed as Villa were waiting to be put out of their misery. As Tom Cairney suggested afterwards, the manner of this victory was just as impressive as the three points themselves.

This result will have reverberated around the Championship. On its own, of course, these three points mean very little. As a result of Cardiff's win over Middlesbrough, the dynamics of the table haven't changed too much. But the way in which Fulham breezed past Villa was perhaps the most eloquent way the Whites could have found to tell the rest of the promotion contenders that their challenge is serious. Fulham's trump card isn't the consistency of their football, but the fact that Jokanovic – a perfectionist – won't allow his team to either think too far ahead or slack off.

Such was the quality of Fulham's display it was difficult to highlight many individual performances. Tomas Kalas and Tim Ream were so dominant it was almost an anomaly when Scott Hogan had enough space to connect with a through ball after Villa went behind. Both full backs were influential at either end of the pitch and Fulham thoroughly won the midfield battle. Cairney probed away at the heart of the midfield – leading Mile Jedinak a merry dance before the Australian was withdrawn – whilst Stefan Johansen appeared to cover every blade of grass.

Jokanovic's team selections were completely vindicated. Ayite had a hand in both goals, beginning the lovely move that gave Fulham that vital opening and slotting home almost effortlessly from so far out, to effectively seal the contest. Sessegnon struggled initially to leave his mark on this match – but by the end, he was running riot – having escaped the attentions of the Villa defence for enough time to find that first finish. Up front, Mitrovic might not have scored a goal, but he won the physical battle against Terry and James Chester, winning plenty in the air and showing movement and no mean touch to give the Whites a focal point they have sometimes lacked this season.

In the relief afterwards, I had to wonder what all the worry was about. In mathematical terms, Fulham probably still only have an outside chance of making the top two and avoiding more pain in the play-offs. But, to adapt the words of that classic TOOFIF cartoon, we can dream, can't we?

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/02/flawless-fulham-throw-down-the-gauntlet/

WhiteJC

Ex-Crystal Palace man dismisses talk of an England call for Fulham star Ryan Sessegnon, but calls him 'a revelation' after Aston Villa display

The highly-rated youngster scored Fulham's first in a 2-0 win, and speaking on Football on 5, Morrison described him as 'a revelation'.

Clinton Morrison has heaped the praise on Fulham sensation Ryan Sessegnon after he helped the Cottagers to a crucial victory over Aston Villa.

The highly-rated youngster scored Fulham's first in a 2-0 win, and speaking on Football on 5, Morrison described him as 'a revelation'.

(Image: Jordan Mansfield/Getty Images)

"It seems that every time I'm on the show I end up talking about him, but he's been brilliant.

"For only 17 years of age, he's so mature, he's such a good footballer and he's getting rave reviews. He's been fantastic for Fulham so far.

"He was a revelation."

Colin Murray then asked about the possibility of Sessegnon receiving a call to the England national team, but Morrison said the 17-year-old just needs to focus on enjoying his football.

He said: "You've got to let the kid develop and enjoy his football at Fulham.

"He's working under a very good manager and his time will come. You have to slowly bring him through the age groups and into the under-21s, but he will be an England international, that's for sure."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-crystal-palace-man-dismisses-14304840

WhiteJC

'He's a sensation' - Aleksandar Mitrovic receives praise from Fulham boss after full debut

Newcastle United striker Aleksandar Mitrovic will spend the second half of the season on loan at Championship side Fulham

Aston Villa's Mile Jedinak tries to tackle Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic (Image: PA)

Aleksandar Mitrovic is a "sensation" and will help Fulham push for promotion, believes Cottagers head coach Slavisa Jokanovic.

The on-loan Newcastle United forward made his full debut during Fulham's 2-0 victory over rivals Aston Villa, a win which saw the Cottagers move up to fifth place in the Championship - just six points behind the automatic-promotion positions.

Mitrovic, making his first league start of the season following two previous substitutes appearances for the Cottagers, played the first 79 minutes of Saturday's victory over Villa.

Though the 23-year-old did not score, Jokanovic was impressed with his compatriot's all-round game and believes Mitrovic played a crucial role in creating Ryan Sessegnon's opener for the home side.

Mitrovic, who last started a league game for Newcastle back in May, will improve once he has recovered his match fitness and help contribute to Fulham's promotion push, insists Jokanovic.

"Although he didn't score, Mitrovic played very well, a very good game," Jokanovic said of Mitrovic, who has been challenged by Rafa Benitez to net "15 to 20 goals" during his loan spell in west London.

"He's a sensation - he's already doing tricks. He didn't score but his movement for the first goal was fantastic and he created the space for Sessegnon to finish with the goal.

"He showed quality, power and did a great job for us - holding up the ball very well and having a positive impact on the game.

"He didn't play for many, many, many months - he didn't compete, so we expected we could bring him in and prepare him to be in a better shape and he can still help us in the future."

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hes-sensation-aleksandar-mitrovic-receives-14304984

WhiteJC

Shahid Khan hails 'outstanding' Newcastle United, Southampton and Middlesbrough stars as he explains Fulham's transfer window

The Whites chairman has explained the philosophy behind the club's transfer policy in the January Transfer Window

Three in, three key men stayed, and some fringe players gone.

All in all it was a good January transfer window for Fulham.

And owner Shahid Khan has explained how the club went about business in January - believing the side are far stronger than they were at the start of the window.

Matt Targett, Aleksandar Mitrovic and Cyrus Christie were all added to the squad, while the Cottagers managed to keep hold of key players in Ryan Sessegnon, Tom Cairney and Ryan Fredericks.

Players like Yohan Mollo, Jordan Graham and Ragnar Sigurdsson were all offloaded to streamline the side as they chase promotion back to the Premier League, and Mr Khan took yesterday's game with Aston Villa as an opportunity to explain to supporters the philosophy behind Fulham's business.

He said in Fulham's official matchday programme: "We felt it was very important not to disrupt the dynamics of our current squad - that is, keeping coveted players like Tom Cairney and Ryan Sessegnon, among others, here at Fulham - while also not getting caught up in what turned out to be out-of-control spending by clubs at every level of football throughout the month.

"We were clear during the window that a big payday wasn't our priority and, as you see today, we were sincere.

"We also wanted to thin out our squad by moving or loaning players who weren't essential at this time during training or on matchdays to our goal of promotion, resulting in greater energy and better chemistry throughout the club.

"A reality of football is not every player you develop or sign will turn out to be the right fit for your club. Recognising when it's time to take action can be difficult, but I commend our Vice Chair and Director of Football Operations, Tony Khan, and his staff for doing the right thing with our current group before exploring players that could be sensibly brought in to give us a real boost in our promotion push.

Family: Shahid Khan and Tony Khan (Image: Norm Hall/Getty Images)

"I hope you are as happy as I am that we closed the window by welcoming three outstanding players to Fulham in Matt Targett, Aleksandar Mitrovic on loan through to the end of the season, as well as Cyrus Christie on a permanent deal.

"And the fundamental question of whether we're better after the transfer window than before, can be answered with one word - yes.

"I appreciate the superb collaboration between Tony and Head Coach Slavisa Jokanovic and, as always, CEO Alistair Mackintosh expertly guided the process."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-shahid-khan-newcastle-middlesbrough-14302792

WhiteJC

Fulham Duo Make Team of the Day

Against Aston Villa, Fulham stretched their unbeaten run, in the Championship, to ten games.

For the second consecutive season, the Cottagers are putting together a run of form that should result in the club being involved in the promotion shake-up.

Hopefully, this season, the club can go one better than last season and regain their place in the Premier League.

Following the round of Championship fixtures yesterday, the good folk of Sky Bet compiled their Team of the Day, which includes two members of the Fulham side from yesterday with the full eleven selected being:

Bettinelli (Fulham)
Tuanzebe (Aston Villa)
Morrison (Cardiff City)
Fredericks (Fulham)
Onyedinma (Millwall)
Freeman (Queens Park Rangers)
Browne (Preston North End)
Costa (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
Bent (Burton Albion)
Watkins (Brentford)
Morison (Millwall)

Our congratulations go to both Marcus and Ryan.

COYW`s

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=521787#ixzz57XBA002x

WhiteJC

'You just get better and better' – Fulham fans lavish the praise on star man following Aston Villa showing

Fulham were the big winners in the Championship yesterday as they ran out winners against promotion chasing Aston Villa, coming away with a well deserved 2-0 win.

The Cottagers were good value for the win against an in-form Villa side, and they once again showed their attacking intent and promotion credentials to see of Steve Bruce's side and put themselves right in the mix for an automatic promotion spot.

Once again, the home side had young teen sensation Ryan Sessegnon to thank for setting them on their way, as the youngster bagged yet another goal to add to his ever growing list of crucial goals this season.

Following the game, the youngster took to social media to share some thoughts on the result and the performance of his team, and it's safe to say that he drew quite the reaction.

We at FLW decided to take a closer look at how Fulham fans reacted to the update from Sessegnon, and it's safe to say there was quite the positive reaction from the London club's fans towards their new hero...

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/you-just-get-better-and-better-fulham-fans-lavish-the-praise-on-star-man-following-aston-villa-showing/

WhiteJC

'Let's learn from last year' – Fulham fans issue plea to manager following update

Fulham were victorious yesterday as they ran out 2-0 winners over in-form Aston Villa at Craven Cottage to put them right in the mix for an automatic promotion push.

The Cottagers had goals from the highly rated Ryan Sessegnon and Floyd Ayite to thank for the three points, and it was a fitting result to what was an excellent display by the Londoners as they look to seal a return to the Premier League this term.

Following the game, manager Slavisa Jokanovic took to social media to give his thoughts on the game and thank the fans for their support.

The former Watford manager has quickly become quite the favourite at the Cottage, and his little update drew quite the response from Fulham fans, who were keen to show their appreciaton to their manager.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/lets-learn-from-last-year-fulham-fans-issue-plea-to-manager-following-update/

WhiteJC

Fulham are the ones to beat - Aston Villa man praises Whites after Craven Cottage defeat

Villains boss wary of the threat of Slavisa Jokanovic's side in the run-in

Fulham made it ten games unbeaten on Saturday as they claimed a 2-0 victory over fellow promotion chasers Aston Villa.

The Whites have won eight of those ten matches to move to within six points of the automatic promotion spots and are the most in-form team in the Championship.

Goals from Ryan Sessegnon and Floyd Ayite won it against a Villa side who had started the day in second place, although they dropped into the play-off places as a result of Cardiff's win over Middlesbrough.

Villa are many people's picks to go up alongside Wolves automatically, but boss Steve Bruce is wary of the form and threat of Slvaisa Jokanovic's men.

He said after the game: "They're a good side, they've got some good players, they're one to beat. I predicted that at the start and I still think the same way.

"When I opened us up to try and get a couple of strikers on, Fulham have enjoyed themselves. As soon as I opened us up Fulham were very, very dangerous. We had to chase the game. I always thought, for either team, if someone had to chase it, you could get ready to pick them off and Fulham played very well, especially in the second half."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-ones-beat-aston-villa-14305954

WhiteJC

Fulham 2-0 Villa

Aston Villa's unbeaten run in the Championship come to an end in a 2-0 defeat away to Fulham as the home side boosted their own promotion chances.

Steve Bruce was forced to make two changes when both Jack Grealish and Albert Adomah were unavailable through injury so Birkir Bjarnason and Axel Tuanzebe took their places.

Fulham began the game with attacking intent when Matt Targett come close after just two minutes but he watched on as his effort flashed wide of the left-hand post.

On-loan Newcastle United striker Aleksandar Mitrovic also come close a few minutes later but he headed his chance wide.

Villa's first chance of the game come just before the 10-minute mark when Bjarnason created a chance for Scott Hogan who then fired wide from just outside of the box.

The Icelandic international then came close himself after 15 minutes as he made his way into the box but wasted his opportunity by failing to hit the target.

The game then began to settle down with neither side making any real threat to the opposition goal.

Josh Onomah replaced Ahmed Elmohammady for the second half and Villa came close just after the restart. Hogan tested Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bertinelli with a looping header following a scramble in the box.

The deadlock was finally broken after 51 minutes though and it went to the home side. Ryan Fredericks was able to break down the right-hand side and squared the ball across the box for wonder kid Ryan Sessegnon who slotted the ball past an outstretched Sam Johnstone.

Villa went to up top when they replaced Mile Jedinak for on-loan Bournemouth striker Lewis Grabban but it wasn't to be Villa's day and their unbeaten run was to come to an end.

Fulham doubled their lead after 71 minutes through a mistake from the usual reliable Johnstone. His appalling kick out fell straight to Floyd Ayite just inside his own half and he was able to direct his shot into an empty net.

This defeat will no doubt have hurt Villa but with Preston due at Villa Park on Tuesday night they have time to move on and get on with things. Hopefully, we can get back to winning ways. One thing that has always been an issue since Bruce took over Villa is how quickly we recover from a defeat.

THE MANAGERS

Steve Bruce: "Losing Ahmed was a cruel blow, as well as losing Albert and Jack. They give us the penetration and the forward threat.

Those two have been the catalyst for me for what we've achieved, especially Grealish in the middle of the pitch.

We lacked that creativity today, which we've had in abundance in the last few weeks."

Slavisa Jokanovic: "We played with confidence but we cannot think the job is done. We must show solidarity and work together.

All the squad will be needed, not just the players who started today but those on the bench and in the stand."

http://www.avillafan.com/27777/fulham-2-0-villa/

WhiteJC

West Ham United set to swoop on Fulham for impressive key performer

West Ham United want to sign Fulham star Ryan Fredericks this summer, according to a report from Football London via HITC.

The right back has been one of the shining lights for the Cottagers this season as they have propelled themselves into promotion contention with a stunning run of form led by the ever impressive form of young winger Ryan Sessegnon.

However, Fredericks has also been a key performer all season for Slavisa Jokanovic's men, and his form has attracted the interest of West Ham and manager David Moyes, who is looking to make big signings in the summer if he agrees to stay on as manager of the Hammers.

Fredericks has been with the Cottagers since 2015, when he made the move to London following a less than impressive spell with Bristol City. He came through the ranks as a youngster with Spurs, but was never really given the chance at White Hart Lane before a number of loan spells followed.

He has however made a name for himself with Fulham and has become a regular for the Cottagers.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/west-ham-united-set-to-swoop-on-fulham-for-impressive-key-performer/

WhiteJC

Fulham ace posts hilarious John Terry tweet after 2-0 win v Aston Villa

Aston Villa fell to a 2-0 defeat on Saturday against Fulham in the Championship, in a result that halted Steve Bruce's side march up the table.

Second half goals from Ryan Sessegnon and Floyd Ayite were enough to see Villa off and resigned them to their seventh defeat in the league this season.

However, the Cottagers continued their good run of form with the victory and after the game, Fulham's midfielder Tom Cairney made light of some grappling in the box between himself and John Terry on Twitter where he compared the two to 'strictly come dancing.'

It was a disappointing away trip for the Claret and Blues, particularly as they looked bereft of ideas going forward in the absence of Jack Grealish and clearly missed the firepower of Albert Adomah.

The game highlighted Bruce's side lack of strength in depth which will undoubtedly be a concern going into Tuesday's league match against Preston North End.

Both Adomah and Grealish are doubts ahead of the Championship clash, as is Ahmed Elmohamady on the wing.

It could mean that Villa may struggle to break down the Preston backline who can boast one of the best defensive records in the division having conceded 31 goals all season.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/fulham-first-teamer-delivers-hilarious-tweet-2-0-win-v-aston-villa/

WhiteJC

This is why Reading FC fans are walking 37 miles to Fulham game

Royals fan Johnny Hunt is one of a group of fans who will walk to Craven Cottage from Madejski Stadium

A Royals fan is due to walk to the Fulham game to raise money and awareness of mental health issues.

Johnny Hunt is one of a group of fans who will make the 37.2 mile journey from Madejski Stadium to Craven Cottage on Tuesday, April 10 in aid of CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably).

Last season Fulham fans trekked to Berskhire to raise money and now Reading FC fans are looking to do the same.

He said: "We're standing together as one, to break down the stigma around mental illness and suicide prevention."

Mr Hunt, who is now based in Ireland, has been working as a nurse for 22 years looking after children with disabilities and previously worked in mental health.

He said through his job he has experienced the personal effects of mental health and feels the stigma is wrong surrounding the illness.

He has also written a column on mental health awareness.

He added: "I just want to make a difference.

"If a group of us walking to the ground helps make a difference then it's so worth it."

Fans taking part in the walk will be setting off for Craven Cottage at 8pm on Monday, April 9 ahead of the Tuesday night game.

To donate to the cause click here

If you wish to follow his journey you can follow him on Twitter here.

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/this-is-why-reading-fc-fans-are-walking-37-miles-to-fulham-game/

WhiteJC

Margot Robbie revealed the football team she supports and people are conflicted

Everyone can agree that Margot Robbie is really cool.

She gets Ubers like a regular person and is also a skilled tattooist.  However, a recent bit of news has caused people to question how they feel about the Australian actress.

The 27-year-old is currently in the UK to promote her new movie, the Oscar-nominated I, Tonya.

During an interview with the BBC's Football Focus show, the topic obviously turned to the beautiful game. Despite being from Down Under, it turns out that Margot has become a supporter of the West London team Fulham.

This is thanks to her husband, Tom Ackerley, a film director from Surrey. While she was in London, she revealed that she was planning to attend a Fulham game against Aston Villa, a team which her friend supported.

Margot stated that all three were going to the game at Craven Cottage,  which sounds a little awkward if you ask us.

News of her loyalty to the Cottagers has begun to reach fans of the club and they would appear to be delighted to have a Hollywood A-lister on their side.

https://www.indy100.com/article/margot-robbie-fulham-football-club-supports-fans-conflicted-twitter-funny-video-i-tonya-hollywood-8216566

WhiteJC

Bristol City star to miss Fulham and Cardiff City clashes due to suspension

The Robins will be without a key midfielder for their next two matches

Bristol City defensive midfielder Marlon Pack will be missing for the Robins next two matches.

Pack picked up a booking as Lee Johnson's side drew 2-2 with Leeds United at Elland Road.

The former Cheltenham Town man now has ten yellow cards to his name and will serve a two-match ban.

He will now sit out the home game against Fulham and the away trip to Cardiff City.

"It's disappointing but it's part and parcel of the game nowadays," City boss Lee Johnson told the club's official site.

"Marlon's been on nine bookings for a while now. We have other players who can come in and it's an opportunity for someone."

Pack has already served a one-match ban this season, missing the game at Ipswich Town.

After collecting eight yellows by November 25, Pack avoided another booking until the Reading game at the end of December.

The FA state that any players who receives 20 or more cautions in a season shall be required to attend a humiliating Regulatory Commission.

Marlon Pack's ten yellow cards

Barnsley H, Bimingham A, Brentford A, Derby H, Bolton H, Sunderland A, Cardiff H, Hull A, Reading H Leeds A

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-star-miss-fulham-1035598

WhiteJC

Ryan Sessegnon has a dash of Gareth Bale about him after firing Fulham to victory again in the pursuit of Premier League promotion

Ryan Sessegnon scored his 12th league goal of the season on Saturday
    The 17-year-old has struck seven times in his past eight appearances for Fulham
    Slavisa Jokanovic's side are in good form and  have moved into play-off places

There may have been nothing too remarkable about Ryan Sessegnon's 52nd-minute strike for Fulham against Aston Villa, but make no bones about it, this kid is a bit special.

The 17-year-old scuffed home his 12th league goal of the season on Saturday, seven of which have come in his past eight appearances.

He ran to the corner to celebrate, kissing the badge as he did so, but this will not be a long-term relationship at Craven Cottage. Matty Targett knows that. He is all too familiar with the script from his time at Southampton.

Ryan Sessegnon celebrates after scoring in Fulham's win over Aston Villa on Saturday

A Saints academy product, Targett knows that the cream of the crop are destined for bigger and better things, and having only joined Fulham on loan last month, he has seen enough through his partnership on the flank to draw comparisons between Sessegnon and the very best to come through the ranks at St Mary's.

Gareth Bale had five goals and 40 Championship appearances under his belt from a deep lying position on the left by the time he turned 18.

Fulham's protege doesn't reach that age until May, and with 17 goals over two seasons already in the second tier from a similar berth on the left, it's clear why Targett doesn't hesitate to put him in the same bracket as the Real Madrid superstar.

'He's definitely right up there with the likes of Luke Shaw... Gareth Bale you could even say,' Targett said.

The 17-year-old is embraced by team-mates after scoring in the 2-1 win over Aston Villa

Sessegnon now has 12 goals this season and seven in his last eight appearances

'But the main thing for him is he has a lot of years ahead of him, he needs to keep working hard, keep his feet on the ground.

'He's a massive threat and to score over 10 goals already in the Championship for any midfielder that's good, but he's 17! It's a massive achievement and he's got a massive future.

'As you saw from the goal today, it wasn't the cleanest finish but he's in the right place and got the goal.'

Manager Slavisa Jokanovic is inclined to agree and knows the England Under 19 starlet is destined for bigger and better things.

It is a team effort that gets you out of the Championship, however, and there was more besides the teenager's goal on Saturday to suggest Fulham are a side pulling in the right direction.

Aleksandar Mitrovic's contribution may not have been as obvious as Sessegnon's but it didn't go unnoticed by his new boss.

Floyd Ayite stole the show with a wonderfully taken long-range effort in the second half

Making his first start since his loan move from Newcastle United on deadline day, the Serb gave his side a new dimension up front, with his hold-up play the catalyst for many swift breaks from midfield.

It was his movement in the final third, Jokanovic insists, that did as much to provide the opening goal as Ryan Fredericks's cut-back.

'His movement for the second goal was fantastic and he created the space for the goal,' said the Fulham boss. 'He showed the quality, he showed the power and did a great job for us.

'We expect we can bring him in and prepare him, get him in better shape and he can help us in the future.'

A fine day for Fulham was capped by a wonderfully taken goal by Floyd Ayite, who found the net from all of 45 yards after capitalising on a mistake from Villa goalkeeper Sam Johnstone.

Slavisa Jokanovic was full of praise for Fulham debutant Aleksandar Mitrovic at the weekend

Fulham are now unbeaten in 10 in the league, ending their opponents' run of seven consecutive victories in the process.

It was the least of Steve Bruce's worries this week, with the manager admitting that even the sport can provide no escape from a difficult fortnight in which he lost his father and is coping with a very ill mother.

He was thanked by a journalist for speaking to the press after the game, in which he confirmed top scorer Albert Adomah will be out for 'some time' with a hamstring injury.

'It's my job,' came Bruce's reply.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5406177/Ryan-Sessegnon-dash-Gareth-Bale-him.html#ixzz57XJMI0mN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

kiwian

Marcus in the team of the week!? Not complaining but he really had very little to do. Well it wouldn't be Sam would it.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?